[KSP 0.13.1] Released!

HarvesteR

Hi,

Just wanted to announce to everyone, the KSP 0.13.1 Revision Update is up and available at the Downloads section.

This was just a small update we did to have the demo compiled in the recently-released Unity 3.5 engine, and future-proof the demo against things we will add later. We also fixed a couple of bugs from the previous release.

The engine update has already been reported to have made a significant improvement in performance. Its new multithreaded rendering support and better memory management should mean a much smoother experience in KSP.

The full changelog for this update can be seen here.

Cheers

Dont know if you noticed this bug, but i sure did. I made a rocket with 6 tall 'tank boosters' as i call them. 32 tanks in total, and inside a small rocket that will get to the mun. In the editor, when i use struts to connect the towers, the struts dont work properly anymore. they dont connect, or connect wrong. I dont know how to describe it other than that. Even if I use the 6x multiplier it sometimes only use 1 strut... Hope there will be a 0.13.2.

For the benefit of people using mirrors, I\'ve managed to download the Windows version from http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/ (eventually), and computed the MD5 and SHA1 checksums so you can verify ZIP files from other sources:

$ md5sum KSP_win_0_13_1.zip
d4c911b4c4568d0a48bb5c2cf2765545 KSP_win_0_13_1.zip
$ sha1sum KSP_win_0_13_1.zip
4c97fd1150dbcb923b97de3a5a0b39b5d577275d KSP_win_0_13_1.zip

It seems that the fuel lines got turned around, i.e. instead of the connection direction '1 click \'to\', second click \'from\'' it\'s now reverse.

Since it seems that also works for the existing designs, rest assured I had my moment of Kerbalism when I took off and jettisoned my \'spent\' tanks, only to watch the spent tanks and the engines attached to them pass me upwards since THEY were the tanks with the fuel. Not the dry ones I had left on my rocket.

It seems that the fuel lines got turned around, i.e. instead of the connection direction '1 click \'to\', second click \'from\'' it\'s now reverse.

Yes, this was a deliberate design decision. A lot of people complained it was the 'wrong' way round, ie, not the one they felt they expected, and that they kept putting fuel lines in back-to-front because they attached to the source first and the destination second. So HarvesteR had a poll in the Development forum where he asked how people would prefer it, and the very large majority of respondents opted for a change. So they got it ...

... to the considerable confusion of people who missed that thread!

Unfortunately, at this stage documentation tends to be sparse, and if you don\'t read every single thread on Development then it is too easy to miss details like that. :(