With the dawn of career mode upon us, I have a proposal.

The ability to sell comsats you put into orbit. You can sell comsats to KTV for their pleasure. The way this would work, they would either buy or rent. You can change deals somewhat like Civilization 5, so you can propose 100 currency instead of the 50 they offered.

With this, you can also sell satalites to Kerbal Scientists. This will generate you SCIENCE! every Kerbal day. Which would vary

Please discuss

Anything that gives resources over time is generally a bad idea in KSP because of timewarp. As far as selling satellites outright, that might be cool, but only if I don't have to clutter up my active flights with a bunch of junk I never use.

I guess the best way to do it is just like recent X-com game did. You get random offers from goverment or civilian companies\individuals to put satelites with specific parts to specific orbits within the given time, for money. The same way space tourism might be implemented where you need to put the special kerbal to suborbital flight, orbital flight or Mun, and get him safely back. The same way big govermental projects may be implemented they would use the same mechnic but offer a more difficult tasks with bigger bonuses and wider timeframe to achive. This side mission might be a good way to boost up the economy in the first stages of the game and get player more used with game mechanic also they may encurage the player to do things that some players skip in the game such as planes\space planes develpment, rovers e.t.c.

That would be a nice and relatively simple way to get money early in the game. Perhaps also add missions for hire to repair/upgrade/decommission the satellites from time to time. When I say repair I am not talking about random failure of player's rockets but of events to create missions to generate money.

As to money over time it can be tricky since time warp can abuse it but without it players would be forced to grind money making missions to keep their program running. It isn't likely that anyone would want to put hundreds of satellites into orbit to raise funds for a Duna mission.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.