[Request] KSP Main Menu Sheet Music Trumpet

Rockhem

That version is a bit limited.

There is a full piano transcription here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57173-Music-KSP-Main-Theme-Transcription-(Piano)

I have been working on a trumpet arrangement... BUT it has been delayed because of the limited range of a trumpet.

A trumpet can cover about two octaves, and since the KSP theme makes a full octave jump halfway a trumpet can't cover a 'literal' transposition (unless you are a AAA trumpeter)

Such an arrangement would have to be shifted within the same chords and the writer would have to use other mechanics to express the more confident second half.

Unfortunately, my knowledge of wind instruments is limited and therefor I haven't dared releasing any of my experiments.

That version is a bit limited.

There is a full piano transcription here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57173-Music-KSP-Main-Theme-Transcription-(Piano)

I have been working on a trumpet arrangement... BUT it has been delayed because of the limited range of a trumpet.

A trumpet can cover about two octaves, and since the KSP theme makes a full octave jump halfway a trumpet can't cover a 'literal' transposition (unless you are a AAA trumpeter)

Such an arrangement would have to be shifted within the same chords and the writer would have to use other mechanics to express the more confident second half.

Unfortunately, my knowledge of wind instruments is limited and therefor I haven't dared releasing any of my experiments.

When have range limitations deterred a trumpet player? I don't know of any group of musicians more interested in screaming into the high registers than trumpet players.

I don't have sheet music but I do have some of the first recordings HarvesteR made when making the music.

You might be able to hear what notes are played since it contains less instruments and there aren't any sound effects added.

Idk if it's something that you can use... but if you want it you can pm me.

Edit: something struck my mind: with instruments I mean computer-generated instruments that sound like a simple midi conversion.

Edited by Blinkin

• 4 years later...

Well seeing as there's been a bit of thread necromancy here... can somebody make this a mod so it plays when we launch KSP please? aha

Also the 8-bit version that is in the recommended videos after this one :P 

Edited by MR L A

Since this thread has risen from the proverbial to eat all of our brains, does anyone have a working link to the .pdf originally linked by FellipeC, or the piano transcript mentioned by OrtwinS? Both seem to be down :(

Edited by drewthedrewman
Punctuation. Important.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.