How do i get my rover to be stable on the mun?

Every design i've used so far has the intention to kill every kerbal piloting the rover, my max speed is about 11m/s before my rovers inevitably start roling over when they hit the smallest bump you can possibly imagine! And even on flat terrain they seem to raddomly start turning causing more fatality's

Ps: flat terrain was moving at 18m/s though

HELP PLS!!

Every design i've used so far has the intention to kill every kerbal piloting the rover, my max speed is about 11m/s before my rovers inevitably start roling over when they hit the smallest bump you can possibly imagine! And even on flat terrain they seem to raddomly start turning causing more fatality's

HELP PLS!!

Right so are you using the staging controls to control your rovers? If you do it will induce torque on the rover which will make it try to flip over.

Try going into your rover controls and re-mapping WASD to the translation keys IJKL, or alternatively switch to docking mode when your driving the rover.

Right so are you using the staging controls to control your rovers? If you do it will induce torque on the rover which will make it try to flip over.

Try going into your rover controls and re-mapping WASD to the translation keys IJKL, or alternatively switch to docking mode when your driving the rover.

Alternatively, you can also turn off the torque on any parts that have it if you want a passive car style buggy. If you want gyro stabilisation then I would say to follow what CoriW said. I also find the buggy more stable if I turn off steering on the back wheels.

This is the problem. 18m/s is very fast and even good rover designs will have issues turning or going over bumps at that speed. Even 11m/s is probably too fast for most rover designs.

Using docking controls can help, but going slower will make the biggest difference.

Some other design tips are to make the rover wide and long, keep the center of mass low, and make the rover heavy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.