[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

It's Commander Koenig! Wow you must be ancient now...

I guess so, I'm 47. Not exactly ancient but, to most gamers apparently...lol. Glad somebody gets the reference from Space 1999. I just hope Wayland Corp. revives the Eagle mod. I loved that one, especially the updated version made by Logandarklighter. Very fun and useful to use.

I guess so, I'm 47. Not exactly ancient but, to most gamers apparently...lol. Glad somebody gets the reference from Space 1999. I just hope Wayland Corp. revives the Eagle mod. I loved that one, especially the updated version made by Logandarklighter. Very fun and useful to use.

Well, it was more a reference to the character's age (or you could even say the actor's age)

Now, how about UFO? Too bad nobody's done much for that. (someone did make the 'moon hopper' but vanished without ever releasing it)

As for installation there are x86 and x64 versions. Do I have to to have two game folders one where I run x64 and another where I run x86??? Or can I simply install the x64 version on my windows 7 x64 system and then still run either x86 or x64 from the same game folder?

Sorry for the noob question but this is the first mod I have replaced that has two versions so I am confused.

Can someone explain why there are x86 and x64 versions of the basic and aggressive versions. I don't understand if I have to install a specific version based on whether I am running 32 or 64 bit ksp which is confusing because I can run all my other mods with either. This would require me to make two copies of my entire game folder one with 32-bit ATM and one with 64-bit ATM??? Or do I install the appropriate version base on if my OS is 32 or 64 bit???

is it possible to adda tutorial inside the folder, a simple notepad maybe that shows how to edit cfg files (and which files) to make atm go even harder or easier on certain mods, or write new cfg files entirely for mods that arent supported. yes it may take some time to write all down but considering the amount of questions that wont be asked here, i think it would be worth it.

thank you

Can someone explain why there are x86 and x64 versions of the basic and aggressive versions. I don't understand if I have to install a specific version based on whether I am running 32 or 64 bit ksp which is confusing because I can run all my other mods with either. This would require me to make two copies of my entire game folder one with 32-bit ATM and one with 64-bit ATM??? Or do I install the appropriate version base on if my OS is 32 or 64 bit???
Because there is now a 64-bit KSP available.

If you're playing 32-bit KSP, you'll use the x86 of the version you choose. Frankly, I'm not sure how to play the 64-bit version (which apparently from what I've heard is RIDICULOUSLY buggy), so you'll likely be wanting the x86 version to go with your x86 KSP.. unless you are SURE that you're using 64-bit KSP.

Edited by Rabblerouser

Because there is now a 64-bit KSP available.

If you're playing 32-bit KSP, you'll use the x86 of the version you choose. Frankly, I'm not sure how to play the 64-bit version (which apparently from what I've heard is RIDICULOUSLY buggy), so you'll likely be wanting the x86 version to go with your x86 KSP.. unless you are SURE that you're using 64-bit KSP.

Those Ridiculously Buggy stuff you referring to are only related to modes, 64bit KSP does work fine. I use it all the time. And I have lots of mods. I just wish this one would work 4 gig of memory is getting rather harsh on my PC only has 6... running at like 89 percent usage when playing ksp plus takes like 30 minutes to load KSP :/

is there a workaround for the flags (contracts and such) textures being in such low quality after installing this mod (aggressive) to the point of being completely blurry?

PS: It seems that even though in the Squad.cfg there's a entry to ignore Squad/Agencies textures, these are still being processed into the textureCache. why?

Edited by Beduino
PS

Well, it was more a reference to the character's age (or you could even say the actor's age)

Now, how about UFO? Too bad nobody's done much for that. (someone did make the 'moon hopper' but vanished without ever releasing it)

Here is an idea, the Chariot from "Lost in Space", or the science vehicle from "Ark Two". The Chariot would be pretty cool using it's own IVA. Glass all around and all, combined with RastorPropMonitor. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Its Ok CommanderJohnKoenig I beat you by 3 years and i loved Space 1999 when it came out

Old school gamers RULE!!!! I always had fun on xbox in the lobbies when guys on my team would taunt the other team telling them "Dude, you just got powned by an old man". That always cracked me up. Obviously I loved Space 1999 but, how could you not. We were the Moon Landing generation. That's why I love this game and Science fact and Science fiction so much.

Is there a config for the KSO to not make the station parts look like this? I figured out how to make it look better without disabling with the KSO and KSO25 but for some reason that isn't working for the station parts. Is it because they are just .mu files? I tried disabling it but that just makes my KSP crash. I am on 32-bit KSP.

xIlQdaJ.jpg

rbray89, do you plan on adding more configs for more mods. A config for Umbra Space Industries is desperately needed. Also ones for SDHI, Aerojet Kerbodyne and R&S Capsuledyne as they use quite hi-res textures.

Thanks for your mod, it's a game saver!

now im having a problem that ksp freezes on loading... but if i delete the texturecache from ATM (x86, -forceopengl) every time before launching the game, it then loads just fine and i can play just normally.. what gives?

mods all updated today

Mod DLLs found:

Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0

ModuleManager v2.2.0.0

ResearchThemAll-master v1.1.0.0

aaa_Toolbar v1.0.0.0

ActiveTextureManagement v1.0.0.0

DistantObject v1.0.0.0

Engineer v0.6.2.4

EngineerToolbar v1.0.0.1

CityLights v1.0.0.0

Clouds v1.0.0.0

Geometry v1.0.0.0

OverlayMgr v1.0.0.0

Terrain v1.0.0.0

FinePrint v1.0.0.0

Firespitter v7.0.5321.18956

RasterPropMonitor v0.17.0.0

KerbQuake v1.0.0.0

InfernalRobotics v0.18.3.0

KSPAPIExtensions v1.6.3.0

Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0

FinalFrontier v1.0.0.0

PartAngleDisplay v0.2.4.1

NLua v1.3.0.0

PartCatalog v3.0.0.0

ProceduralFairings v0.0.0.0

ProceduralParts v0.9.16.0

SelectRoot v0.0.0.0

StationScience v1.0.0.0

StripSymmetry v1.3.0.0

KerbalAlarmClock v2.7.8.2

Scale v1.31.0.0

VesselView v1.0.0.0

VesselViewRPM v1.0.0.0

Non-DLL mods added:

SpaceplanePlus

Mods by directory (subdirs of GameData):

000_Toolbar

ASET

B9_Aerospace

BoulderCo

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

JSI

KWRocketry

MagicSmokeIndustries

NASAmission

Nereid

Squad

TriggerTech

TweakScale

Edited by Beduino

now im having a problem that ksp freezes on loading... but if i delete the texturecache from ATM (x86, -forceopengl) every time before launching the game, it then loads just fine and i can play just normally.. what gives?

mods all updated today

Maybe like 15 less mods?

mods all updated today

I'm having the same issue, crashes during load due to lack of available memory. Updated ATM and switched from basic to aggressive because I was having issues with crashes when loading the VAB, now it crashes during part load. Game's running with the same number of mods as it was before, I actually cut out a couple big part packs and it's still crashing on load.

I am not entirely sure why this is happening but if I use version 3-2 Basic of ATM in 64Bit version of 0.24.2 it will only crash around 50% of the time.

However if I use the latest version in either basic or aggressive in either 64Bit or 32Bit it always crashes on launch.

I do have quite a few mods installed and there may be an incompatibility somewhere but I still find this rather bizarre that the previous version is working better.

I am not entirely sure why this is happening but if I use version 3-2 Basic of ATM in 64Bit version of 0.24.2 it will only crash around 50% of the time.

However if I use the latest version in either basic or aggressive in either 64Bit or 32Bit it always crashes on launch.

I do have quite a few mods installed and there may be an incompatibility somewhere but I still find this rather bizarre that the previous version is working better.

In my case the game freezes while using only 700MB of RAM, when usually i can run the game way above that, since i have total of 4GB. Try to delete the texturecache folder from ATM see if it helps you.

really both basic and aggresive versions of ATM x86 in opengl are freezing for me except for the first time you run it.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

The ksp.log always ends here

[LOG 10:35:36.144] [ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 413 patches applied, 101 hidden items

[LOG 10:35:36.146] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ToolbarManager' from assembly 'Toolbar'

[LOG 10:35:36.177] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ActiveTextureManagement' from assembly 'ActiveTextureManagement'

[LOG 10:35:36.199] ActiveTextureManagement: Settings:

[LOG 10:35:36.199] ActiveTextureManagement: mipmaps: True

[LOG 10:35:36.200] ActiveTextureManagement: compress: True

[LOG 10:35:36.201] ActiveTextureManagement: scale: 1

[LOG 10:35:36.201] ActiveTextureManagement: max_size: 0

[LOG 10:35:36.202] ActiveTextureManagement: mipmaps_normals: True

[LOG 10:35:36.203] ActiveTextureManagement: compress_normals: False

[LOG 10:35:36.203] ActiveTextureManagement: scale_normals: 2

[LOG 10:35:36.204] ActiveTextureManagement: max_size_normals: 512

[LOG 10:35:36.205] ActiveTextureManagement: filter_mode: Bilinear

okey, it seems that in directx it works, so what i did was let directx generate the textureCache and then reverted back to opengl and now it seems to be working.. although it sits for like 3 minutes frozen, then it continues. Opengl uses like 1GB RAM, while the same thing in directx would consume like 2GB :)

I used to have a lot of crashes with or without using ATM. I tried several things, but nothing helped. Then I looked at the output log of a crash and found a lot of the errors were due to modstatistic being installed. I deleted that and associated the shortcut to the launcher and now I haven't had any crashes since. Will test ATM on my game later.

Edited by Furious1964

I used to have a lot of crashes with or without using ATM. I tried several things, but nothing helped. Then I looked at the output log of a crash and found a lot of the errors were due to modstatistic being installed. I deleted that and associated the shortcut to the launcher and now I haven't had any crashes since. Will test ATM on my game later.

Bear in mind that most mods have hardcoded dependancy on the phishing mod that modstatistics is. Outright deleting it may(and probably will) break one of those mods.