[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

As would be discovered by even a cursory examination of the source of any of these mods (which, btw, is required to be posted, both to avoid malware and to avoid malicious comments) you would discover:

1. It's not phishing.

2. Nothing has a hard dependency on it. Kethane will redownload it (which is annoying) but it will still work if you delete it each time, and

3. If you add the simple disabling setting, none of the copies will be active.

Oh, and 4. the "errors" are not in fact errors in ModStats, but in those plugins: they're compiled for the wrong version of the .NET framework and may break in unexpected ways (like if they use a 4.0 feature in 3.5, KSP will crash). So you should tell those mods' authors they should recompile for 3.5.

My impressions were that FAR and KJR break if ModStatistics is deleted outright. I am wrong then, for which I am sorry.

The following wall of text is offtopic, so I will put it in code tags to distinguish it better, because as we all know - ModStatistics is a hornet's nest and Rbray's mod thread is not the place to discuss it.

However disabling it by a .cfg for some reason does not give me any confidence that it will not send any data. I have yet to filter outgoing connections during KSP play and check what goes where. Until such a time I remain highly skeptical towards the purpose and methods for data delivery by the mod and its author. 

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely always accept conspiracy theories with irony and laughter, but I don't like being forced into using something that has unclear purpose and methods.

I am not obliged to check the source code (neither I will learn how to do it in the first place) to convince myself in the purpose of something I never wanted to use anyways. Especially something developed by a third party, not affiliated with either Squad or any credible data storage/analysis companies.

Sending information for someone's personal "excel analysis charts" hobby is not something I would do without my explicit consent and provision of sufficient (read "complete") description of the methodology and technical details of the data collection and delivery systems by the author.

How would I set the ATM so that it doesn't compress the textures of the parts? After I launch the game with ATM the part don't look normal but I guess with lower resolution.

I tried adding this to the config file (OVERRIDES) but it didn't work.

.*/Squad/.*

{

compress = false

mipmaps = true

scale = 1

max_size = 0

}

I have ran into a configuration problem I am posting this into the three mods threads involved Space plans plus, Active Texture Management 64 bit aggressive, (here) And KSOS. With JUST these three installed something happens and it crashes on load. It Might be that KSOS and SP+ Modify the firespitter plug-in in there own ways making them incompatible with each other. If logs, are needed let me know and i'll get it up here asap.

There are UNTESTED versions of aggressive ATM to be used with KSP .24-2:

https://github.com/rbray89/ActiveTextureManagement/blob/master/x86-Release.zip

https://github.com/rbray89/ActiveTextureManagement/blob/master/x64-Release.zip

Still have to verify the new builds work correctly and add the basic version before I post an official release.

uhm is there a way to not compress the new flags and contract pictures? i hate seeing those blurry things and want it clear.

ok i just turned the squad .cfg file in boulder.co to "false" so ATM shouldn't affect it... but... the agencies are still blurry. what the frig?

*grumbles* ok after putting my resolution to "full res" and turning ATM off on the squad folder now the flags and agencies appear clear....

maybe make this a tweakable in the .cfg for the future?

Edited by AntiMatter001

Hi all. I've been having some strange bugs that I believe are a conflict of some sort with one of the mods I have. The problem is that these strange graphical bugs are sporadic so the usual method of add a mod/test/remove isn't working great. This problem has followed me across several versions of the game and of ATM. Ive captured some of it on video and as pictures. I've narrowed it down to one of these mods:

KW Rocketry, Environmental Visual Enhancements, AIES Aerospace, Procedural Fairings, SDHI, JSI, Chatterer, TAC

I also have other mods installed, but they're all unlikely picks for various reason (i.e. the problem was around before this mod was installed or i've tried removing them with no effect)

KOSMOS, Texture Replacer, FusTek, RealChute, Deadly Reentry, Lazor Docking Cam, CoolRockets, Hotrockets, Module Manager

Here is some of the problem I've caught on screencaps or recordings: http://youtu.be/jkAh9T4TZG8

Does anyone have overlapping problems/mods? I simply cannot start my game without ATM, but the bugs are killing me!

Thanks for any help.

This crashes on my 64bit install, really annoying as want KSO, error:

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.5.2f1_9abb1b59b47c]

KSP_x64.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module KSP_x64.exe at 0033:04d80000.

Error occurred at 2014-08-02_112112.

D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe, run by Ben.

28% memory in use.

32724 MB physical memory [23303 MB free].

37588 MB paging file [26241 MB free].

134217728 MB user address space [134214690 MB free].

Write to location 04d80000 caused an access violation.

Context:

RDI: 0x3af1bd50 RSI: 0x00000000 RAX: 0x8039f500

RBX: 0x3af1bd50 RCX: 0x8039f500 RDX: 0xa88e0230

RIP: 0x04d80000 RBP: 0x00a3f090 SegCs: 0x00000033

EFlags: 0x00010206 RSP: 0x00a3ef40 SegSs: 0x0000002b

R8: 0x00000800 R9: 0x00000000 R10: 0x04ce9718

R11: 0x9eb91460 R12: 0x00000001 R13: 0xa41d55c0

R14: 0x82bc4700 R15: 0x5c153d68

Bytes at CS:EIP:

?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? Module 1

C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\xinput1_3.dll

Image Base: 0x00400000 Image Size: 0x0001e000

File Size: 107368 File Time: 2007-04-04_195422

Version:

Company: Microsoft Corporation

Product: Microsoft® DirectX for Windows®

FileDesc: Microsoft Common Controller API

FileVer: 9.18.944.0

ProdVer: 9.18.944.0

== [end of error.log] ==

error log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25870/output_log.txt

I seem to be having an issue with the test build of ATM. I installed it in my modded build, and the first time I loaded it up, I saw savings of almost 800 MBs. Then, subsequent loads are back up to over 3 GB. It's workable, but since I only have 4 GB of RAM, it's a big burden on my PC and it will crash after 2 or 3 hours.

I'll see about putting up an output log later when I get home.

out of curiousity is ATM supposed to compress the cloud textures in Boulderco? I was having some mem issues and wondered what was going on .. when I looked in the cache and looked at the volumes I noticed that the path BoulderCo/Clouds has 0% or 0B of compression. Is that what it should be? Not to say that is the cause of my issues .. my problem is I'm a hopeless mod junky LOL trim the fat down and all is well ... I've been through that too many times ..

But I thought you may be interested in this, seeming, anomaly.

Here's the pic of what I found:

Saymo4P.png

Edited by positivewun

The cache is for resized textures. Since the clouds are not supposed to be resized (as the BoulderCo.cfg ATM config says) they will not be cached.

All compression is done ingame.

ah ok I didn't look at the cfg in there I just saw that and wondered so I thought I'd ask. Thanks for the response.

Ok, so here is my output_log, not sure if there's anything crazy going on other than I'm using a lot of parts. I'm going to try redoing my mod folder again, with the hopes of cleaning up everything and getting just what I need. Specifically, I'm looking to have KSO, KW, Near Future, and SDHI/Aerodyne pack in, the rest is fairly optional.

EDIT: Ok, so I realize that I goofed last night when I posted up my output log. Should be viewable now. Sorry.

Edited by Ghostshark27

Any idea why this isnt working for me?

OVERRIDES
{
TextureReplacer/Default/GalaxyTex_.*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = true
scale = 1
max_size = 0
make_not_readable = true
}
TextureReplacer/Default/.*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = true
scale = 2
max_size = 0
make_not_readable = true
compress_normals = false
mipmaps_normals =true
scale_normals = 1
max_size_normals = 0
}
}

It just takes the second argument (the /Default/.*) and uses the information under that one for the GalaxyTex_ files, cant seem to get it to scale everything in that folder other than the skybox =\

I wish this wouldn't compress the flags. They're absolutely garbage quality, and I have this

.*/Flags/.*

{

compress = false

mipmaps = false

scale = 1

max_size = 0

In the config. Any idea why they're still blurry? I checked and they aren't in the Squad/Flags cache folder