[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

BUG REPORT

Black graphics

DATE SEEN

15/10/2014

VERSIONS

Win 7 x64

KSP 0.25 x86

Mod 3.7 basic x86

BUG DESCRIPTION

Some (stock toolbar) buttons and flag graphics are just black. Example: FAR toolbar button.

SEVERITY:

Major

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

Installing

ACTUAL BEHAVIOR:

They are black

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

They should not be black

TROUBLESHOOTING/TESTING STEPS TRIED:

-

WORKAROUND:

Ignoring

Edited by acc

Hello there,

Were using your wonderful add-on early and now I updated it today, it do not compress texture anymore so I'm running OOM again. I tried to remove all directories but still... not working with the latest build. Any clue?

Alright...

So I just tried replicating all the bugs just mentioned with the current release (agressive x86) and could not replicate any of the issues. This tells me that there are other mods out there causing these problems.

I suggest that people try using a fresh KSP install, Add just ATM and run. See if you have issues. Then add a couple of the mods you were using. Keep adding mods until you find the one that breaks your game.

Hello again.

I did a fresh install this morning on my two computers. Which I can tell is the previous release of ATM was running perfectly fine with the mod, appart from the toolbar icons being resized.

But, now, with the latest release, I'm gone into OOM issue again. I then checked the loading and saw which mod were involved in the biggest increase in RAM usage when I compare to the previous release :

• FUSTek Station Parts (which are not officially 0.25 compatible but where running fine).
  • Near Future Tech all the 5 packs, which have been updated yesterday, and which were running fine with your previous build.
  • Stocke alike station parts, which have been updated as well to 0.25.

That's three I've noticed but maybe is there other. The question is why those aren't handled by your mod and where in the previous release.

Kind regards.

Hi all,

I was just looking for the aggressive install and can't find it. Is it just not updated yet? Or incorporated into the basic release?

Bryan

The aggressive version is non-basic. The release downloads are all on the same page now.

Hello again.

I did a fresh install this morning on my two computers. Which I can tell is the previous release of ATM was running perfectly fine with the mod, appart from the toolbar icons being resized.

But, now, with the latest release, I'm gone into OOM issue again. I then checked the loading and saw which mod were involved in the biggest increase in RAM usage when I compare to the previous release :

• FUSTek Station Parts (which are not officially 0.25 compatible but where running fine).
  • Near Future Tech all the 5 packs, which have been updated yesterday, and which were running fine with your previous build.
  • Stocke alike station parts, which have been updated as well to 0.25.

That's three I've noticed but maybe is there other. The question is why those aren't handled by your mod and where in the previous release.

Kind regards.

Do all those mods have a config file for them?

I am getting a very weird, persistantly recurring, error where any time I have ATM installed, no matter if it is Basic or Aggressive, anytime I enter a building interface. Once in a building, like the research center or whatever, if I try to leave the game kind of locks where the outside KSC screen boundry shows up, but the center of the screen remains the building interface I was looking at. I can still interact with the building, even though I am technically no longer in there. I can hit escape to bring up the load / save / exit menu, and I can try to load a previous save. However, if I hit Exit Game, nothing happens. I can never leave a building, once in it. I need the ATM to play my modded career, but this error is making it impossible.

Any suggestions?

I'm also experiencing this problem; both sad/glad to know I'm not the only one. I'd suggest filling out the following:
Alright...

So I just tried replicating all the bugs just mentioned with the current release (agressive x86) and could not replicate any of the issues. This tells me that there are other mods out there causing these problems.

I suggest that people try using a fresh KSP install, Add just ATM and run. See if you have issues. Then add a couple of the mods you were using. Keep adding mods until you find the one that breaks your game.

I have done as suggested. I did a complete removal and slow replacement of all my mods until the conflict arises. I have discovered the culprit. It is the "RealChute" mod. If that mod is installed with ATM, the error I listed above occurs. I will pass this information along to the appropriate thread for that mod.

Alright...

KSP Stock x32 + ATM + EVE + SXT = Game freezes during load showing "SXT/Parts/Aero/airintake/part1/LRadialAirintake" in progress bar.

Output_log.txt says:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/SPP/Wings/swept2/sweptWing2'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SXT/Parts/Aero/airIntake/part1/LRadialAirIntake'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

KSP.log:

[LOG 12:42:22.687] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SXT/Parts/Aero/airIntake/part1/LRadialAirIntake'
[EXC 12:42:22.700] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures)
PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor)
PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
PartLoader+.MoveNext ()

KSP Stock x32 + EVE + SXT loads fine.

Ah... I remember now... I don't compress textures that aren't managed by default. I will add that as an option.

Ah so in the previous, being compressed without a config file was a bug?

And must :

• a config file have the name of the directory?
  • a config file contain multiple directories for add-ons that use multiple directories.

Finally, can I add some specific file, like 2 PNG at the root of the plug-in structure, in the overrides?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards.

P.S. I created config files and it seems to work as it was previously.

P.P.S Even better than before...

Edited by FrancoisH

KSP Stock x32 + ATM + EVE + SXT = Game freezes during load showing "SXT/Parts/Aero/airintake/part1/LRadialAirintake" in progress bar.

Output_log.txt says:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/SPP/Wings/swept2/sweptWing2'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SXT/Parts/Aero/airIntake/part1/LRadialAirIntake'

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

KSP.log:

[LOG 12:42:22.687] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SXT/Parts/Aero/airIntake/part1/LRadialAirIntake'
[EXC 12:42:22.700] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures)
PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor)
PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
PartLoader+.MoveNext ()

KSP Stock x32 + EVE + SXT loads fine.

Who... that is weird. I need to take a look at this one.

can anyone else replicate this?

That's a new one. I've never seen flag duplication. Plenty of part duplication due to duplicate entries of the same part, but not flags.

Edited by BigD145

can anyone else replicate this?

I have the same issue (not that it's a gamebreaker or anything). It appears that the ones being duplicated are all in subfolders named "Flags". Any that are in subfolders with other names (e.g. "Agencies") are not duplicated. It duplicates Squad, DMagic, NASA, and ASET (ERS) on my install, but not Novapunch or any of the squad agency flags.

Removing ATM and leaving everything else the same caused all duplication to stop. It also caused my initial load of the game to take up about half a gigabyte less of memory usage...

edit - Oh, I should probably mention that I am using the 6-8 beta release

Edited by Talisar

I have the same issue (not that it's a gamebreaker or anything). It appears that the ones being duplicated are all in subfolders named "Flags". Any that are in subfolders with other names (e.g. "Agencies") are not duplicated. It duplicates Squad, DMagic, NASA, and ASET (ERS) on my install, but not Novapunch or any of the squad agency flags.

Removing ATM and leaving everything else the same caused all duplication to stop. It also caused my initial load of the game to take up about half a gigabyte less of memory usage...

edit - Oh, I should probably mention that I am using the 6-8 beta release

This should be fixed going-forwards.

This should be fixed going-forwards.

Good news. :) I'm having the same issue, but since it didn't seem to be causing any problems, other than there being two of most of the flags, I wasn't very concerned. Glad to know I'm not the only one seeing this, though, lol.

Keep up the fantastic efforts, rbray, and of course Sarbian as well! And yes, I took your advice, you both got rep from me, well deserved imo. :D