[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

hmm, well it has never done that before...the most ever was like about 20%, but 100 is plain crazy...the temperature soars through the roof, also the game then crashes anyway, so i cant see how this is working, if it crashes at start up... and yes did retry several times, but at the chance of blowing a £400 cpu, think i've finished trying any more...anyone got any actual help please rather than throwing "read the first post".

thanx...sam

If your CPU is overheating then that's a problem with your airflow you might want to look at. Anyway, Is it getting any farther each time it crashes? It should be. Basically it's compressing a certain number of textures before it crashes. On the next startup it doesn't need to compress those because they're already saved, so it loads those, then starts compressing what it didn't finish the first time. Eventually it should be able to finish compressing everything and you should be good to go.

Unless the game is crashing because your CPU is overheating because you've got poor cooling or dirty fans or a dusty intake or something.

A few basic questions, if you don't mind:

What happens to the texture cache once some new mod is installed? (I mean, will these new textures get appended to the cache in some additive manner, provided there was already a config for this mod?)

Is there a need to rebuild the cache after the change in some mod-specific config (such as toggling rescale factor or max_size)?

Thanks.

A few basic questions, if you don't mind:

What happens to the texture cache once some new mod is installed? (I mean, will these new textures get appended to the cache in some additive manner, provided there was already a config for this mod?)

Is there a need to rebuild the cache after the change in some mod-specific config (such as toggling rescale factor or max_size)?

Thanks.

The cache *SHOULD* automatically detect config changes, new mods, replaced textures, etc. There is a hash for the textures that we use to verify original texture changes, and we store the old and new size of textures in the cache config files to check against.

So it has been loading for 5 and a half hours and honestly I doubt it will load. What the hell?!

Honestly it has taken longer for some people. It all depends on how many mods you have and your computer specs.

In addition this kind of statement does absolutely no good to the mod team in trying to help you. Be patient it took nearly 3 hours for mine and I have a OCed 4.0 ghz Intel quad core.

Honestly it has taken longer for some people. It all depends on how many mods you have and your computer specs.

In addition this kind of statement does absolutely no good to the mod team in trying to help you. Be patient it took nearly 3 hours for mine and I have a OCed 4.0 ghz Intel quad core.

I am sorry if I sounded rude, no my intentrion. The thing is it never took this long and I dont change my mods around. Plus its always stuck on one texture, if I delete the texture it takes 10 minutes but the mod breaks so thats a no go. I am gonna try aggressive now.

I am sorry if I sounded rude, no my intentrion. The thing is it never took this long and I dont change my mods around. Plus its always stuck on one texture, if I delete the texture it takes 10 minutes but the mod breaks so thats a no go. I am gonna try aggressive now.

Open up your KSP_Data folder and read the output_log , scroll to the end and see why it's stuck. It will usually tell you what the problem is. I had the same problem with the Near Future Propulsions mod, it would basically hang on one part. It was missing the KSPAPI Dll for some reason. I reinstalled the mod, restarted KSP, and ATM did it's thing no problem.

It does tend to take a very long time depending on how many textures ATM has to cache and how large they are. You can alt+tab out of KSP while its going on and open up /gamedata/ActiveTextureManagement/textureCache/ and see if its still running by checking if new files are being added.

You can alt+tab out of KSP while its going on and open up /gamedata/ActiveTextureManagement/textureCache/ and see if its still running by checking if new files are being added.

Only in Windowed mode. KSP stops in fullscreen if you alt-tab out.

There is a hash for the textures that we use to verify original texture changes, and we store the old and new size of textures in the cache config files to check against.

Since you're already hashing the textures, would it be possible to unload duplicate textures from memory? Last I checked there was 100+ MB of duplicate textures in Squad/ and NasaMission/ It's possible to get rid of most of these module manager and overwriting the duplicates with dummy files, but it's an incredible pain and some MUs just don't like model nodes. Doing this on-load with already hashed textures could shave 50-100 MB for most users.

Right. I tend to forget about fullscreen. I haven't used it in years lol

If there was a fullscreen windowed mode I totally would too. It bugs the heck out of me in 1920x1080 that there is a border at the top and doesn't fit the screen correctly, and cuts off the bottom edge of the screen.

If there was a fullscreen windowed mode I totally would too. It bugs the heck out of me in 1920x1080 that there is a border at the top and doesn't fit the screen correctly, and cuts off the bottom edge of the screen.

Windows only, but there is WFS (note, if using steam adding -popupwindow to the advanced options is the same as adding it to a shortcut)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/20894-KSP-in-full-screen-windowed-mode!-quick-n-simple-%28windows-only%29

Since you're already hashing the textures, would it be possible to unload duplicate textures from memory? Last I checked there was 100+ MB of duplicate textures in Squad/ and NasaMission/ It's possible to get rid of most of these module manager and overwriting the duplicates with dummy files, but it's an incredible pain and some MUs just don't like model nodes. Doing this on-load with already hashed textures could shave 50-100 MB for most users.

Do you have an example? There are minor issues that go along with this, but they might be able to be worked around.

Windows only, but there is WFS (note, if using steam adding -popupwindow to the advanced options is the same as adding it to a shortcut)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/20894-KSP-in-full-screen-windowed-mode!-quick-n-simple-%28windows-only%29

I.. I.. What. OMG. It was really that easy?! HOW HAVE I NOT KNOWN THIS? I love you. Have some Rep!

Do you have an example? There are minor issues that go along with this, but they might be able to be worked around.

I'm on my phone right now so nothing current for .90, but here's a list I put together from .25. I think there were also a couple cases of textures that were saved as an mbm for one part and as a png for another part. There's 150 MB of duplicate assets on disk:

1 model004.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model004.mbm
1 model005.mbm crewCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/crewCabinInternals/model005.mbm
1 pilot Seat.mbm cupolaInternal GameDataSquad/Spaces/cupolaInternal/pilot Seat.mbm
1 model005.mbm GenericSpace1 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/model005.mbm
1 model002.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model002.mbm
1 model006.mbm landerCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model006.mbm
1 pilot Seat.mbm landerCabinSmallInternal GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinSmallInternal/pilot Seat.mbm
1 model006.mbm mk1PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/model006.mbm
2 model003.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model003.mbm
2 model004.mbm GenericSpace1 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/model004.mbm
2 model000.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model000.mbm
2 model002.mbm landerCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model002.mbm
2 model002.mbm mk1PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/model002.mbm
3 model000.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model000.mbm
3 internal shell box props.mbm SmallGearBay GameDataSquad/Parts/Wheel/SmallGearBay/internal shell box props.mbm
3 model001.mbm ladderTelescopicBay GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/ladderTelescopicBay/model001.mbm
3 model003.mbm crewCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/crewCabinInternals/model003.mbm
3 model003.mbm GenericSpace1 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/model003.mbm
3 model003.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model003.mbm
3 model004.mbm landerCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model004.mbm
3 model001.mbm mk1PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/model001.mbm
4 model001.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model001.mbm
4 model001.mbm GenericSpace1 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/model001.mbm
4 model004.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model004.mbm
4 model000.mbm landerCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model000.mbm
4 model000.mbm mk1PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/model000.mbm
5 model007.mbm mk1PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/model007.mbm
5 window.mbm GrapplingDevice GameDataNASAmission/Parts/GrapplingDevice/window.mbm
5 window.mbm cupola GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/cupola/window.mbm
5 window.mbm hitchhikerStorageContainer GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/hitchhikerStorageContainer/window.mbm
5 window.mbm Mk1-2Pod GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/Mk1-2Pod/window.mbm
5 window.mbm mk1InlineCockpit GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/mk1InlineCockpit/window.mbm
5 window.mbm mk3Cockpit GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/mk3Cockpit/window.mbm
5 window.mbm mk2LanderCan GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/mk2LanderCan/window.mbm
5 window.mbm LargeCrewedLab GameDataSquad/Parts/Science/LargeCrewedLab/window.mbm
5 model004.mbm crewCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/crewCabinInternals/model004.mbm
5 model007.mbm landerCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model007.mbm
6 model005.mbm mk1PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/model005.mbm
6 model001.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model001.mbm
6 model005.mbm landerCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model005.mbm
7 model002.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model002.mbm
7 model002.mbm GenericSpace1 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/model002.mbm
7 model005.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model005.mbm
7 model001.mbm landerCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model001.mbm
8 model005.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model005.mbm
8 model007.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model007.mbm
9 model006.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model006.mbm
9 model006.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model006.mbm
10 model007.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model007.mbm
10 model000.mbm GenericSpace1 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/model000.mbm
11 model001.mbm parachuteMk25 GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/parachuteMk25/model001.mbm
11 model001.mbm parachuteMk16-XL GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/parachuteMk16-XL/model001.mbm
11 model001.mbm parachuteMk2-R GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/parachuteMk2-R/model001.mbm
12 model000.mbm landingLegLT-5 GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/landingLegLT-5/model000.mbm
12 leg.mbm landingLegLT-5 GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/landingLegLT-5/leg.mbm
13 model002.mbm switchWithGuards GameDataSquad/Props/switchWithGuards/model002.mbm
13 model000.mbm switchGuard GameDataSquad/Props/switchGuard/model000.mbm
14 model001.mbm switchWithGuards GameDataSquad/Props/switchWithGuards/model001.mbm
14 model001.mbm pullSwitch GameDataSquad/Props/pullSwitch/model001.mbm
15 model000.mbm switchWithGuards GameDataSquad/Props/switchWithGuards/model000.mbm
15 model000.mbm pullSwitch GameDataSquad/Props/pullSwitch/model000.mbm
16 model001.mbm radialAttachmentPoint GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/radialAttachmentPoint/model001.mbm
16 model001.mbm dockingPort GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort/model001.mbm
16 model001.mbm dockingPortJr GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortJr/model001.mbm
17 model001.mbm NavBall GameDataSquad/Props/NavBall/model001.mbm
17 navBall_vectors_IVA.mbm IVANavBall GameDataSquad/Props/IVANavBall/navBall_vectors_IVA.mbm
18 model003.mbm NavBall GameDataSquad/Props/NavBall/model003.mbm
18 navBall_DV_IVA.mbm IVANavBall GameDataSquad/Props/IVANavBall/navBall_DV_IVA.mbm
19 model000.mbm NavBall GameDataSquad/Props/NavBall/model000.mbm
19 navball2.mbm IVANavBall GameDataSquad/Props/IVANavBall/navball2.mbm
20 model002.mbm NavBall GameDataSquad/Props/NavBall/model002.mbm
20 IVANavBall.mbm IVANavBall GameDataSquad/Props/IVANavBall/IVANavBall.mbm
21 model000.mbm ledPanelSpeed GameDataSquad/Props/ledPanelSpeed/model000.mbm
21 model000.mbm circularButton GameDataSquad/Props/circularButton/model000.mbm
22 model000.mbm AxisIndicator GameDataSquad/Props/AxisIndicator/model000.mbm
22 model000.mbm AtmosphereDepth GameDataSquad/Props/AtmosphereDepth/model000.mbm
23 model000.mbm trussGirderXL GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/trussGirderXL/model000.mbm
23 model000.mbm trussGirderL GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/trussGirderL/model000.mbm
24 model001.mbm structuralPanel1x1 GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/structuralPanel1x1/model001.mbm
24 model001.mbm structuralPanel2x2 GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/structuralPanel2x2/model001.mbm
25 model000.mbm structuralPanel1x1 GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/structuralPanel1x1/model000.mbm
25 model000.mbm structuralPanel2x2 GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/structuralPanel2x2/model000.mbm
26 model000.mbm structuralIBeam200Pocket GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/structuralIBeam200Pocket/model000.mbm
26 model000.mbm structuralIBeam200 GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/structuralIBeam200/model000.mbm
27 model001.mbm liquidEngineMainsail GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail/model001.mbm
27 model003.mbm liquidEngineLV-T45 GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-T45/model003.mbm
28 model000.mbm liquidEngineMainsail GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail/model000.mbm
28 bigfairing.mbm liquidEngineLV-909 GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-909/bigfairing.mbm
28 model000.mbm liquidEngineLV-T30 GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-T30/model000.mbm
28 model002.mbm liquidEngineLV-T45 GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-T45/model002.mbm
29 model001.mbm liquidEngineLV-T45 GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-T45/model001.mbm
29 model002.mbm liquidEngineLV-T30 GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-T30/model002.mbm
30 model000.mbm liquidEngineLV-1 GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-1/model000.mbm
30 model000.mbm 1x6SolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/1x6SolarPanels/model000.mbm
30 model000.mbm 2x3SolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/2x3SolarPanels/model000.mbm
31 model002.mbm 2x3SolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/2x3SolarPanels/model002.mbm
31 model002.mbm 2x3ShroudSolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/2x3ShroudSolarPanels/model002.mbm
32 model001.mbm 2x3SolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/2x3SolarPanels/model001.mbm
32 model001.mbm 2x3ShroudSolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/2x3ShroudSolarPanels/model001.mbm
33 model002.mbm 1x6ShroudSolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/1x6ShroudSolarPanels/model002.mbm
33 model002.mbm 1x6SolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/1x6SolarPanels/model002.mbm
34 model001.mbm 1x6ShroudSolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/1x6ShroudSolarPanels/model001.mbm
34 model001.mbm 1x6SolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/1x6SolarPanels/model001.mbm
35 model000.mbm crewCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/crewCabinInternals/model000.mbm
35 ladder.mbm Mk1-2Pod GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/Mk1-2Pod/ladder.mbm
35 ladder.mbm mk1InlineCockpit GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/mk1InlineCockpit/ladder.mbm
35 ladder.mbm mk3Cockpit GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/mk3Cockpit/ladder.mbm
35 ladder.mbm mk2LanderCan GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/mk2LanderCan/ladder.mbm
36 model000.mbm ladderRadial GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/ladderRadial/model000.mbm
36 ladderrung.mbm mk1pod GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/mk1pod/ladderrung.mbm
37 fueltTanks_cm.mbm Size3SmallTank GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3SmallTank/fueltTanks_cm.mbm
37 fueltTanks_cm.mbm Size3LargeTank GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3LargeTank/fueltTanks_cm.mbm
37 fueltTanks_cm.mbm Size3MediumTank GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3MediumTank/fueltTanks_cm.mbm
38 decoupler_and_adaptor_nm.mbm Size3To2Adapter GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3To2Adapter/decoupler_and_adaptor_nm.mbm
38 decoupler_and_adaptor_nm.mbm Size3Decoupler GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3Decoupler/decoupler_and_adaptor_nm.mbm
39 decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.mbm Size3To2Adapter GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3To2Adapter/decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.mbm
39 decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.mbm Size3AdvancedEngine GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3AdvancedEngine/decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.mbm
39 decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.mbm Size3Decoupler GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3Decoupler/decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.mbm

Sorry if you did answer this somewhere, but I read for pages and couldn't find one: can you explain how the min_size variable in the ATM config works? I could see it working in either of two ways:

1) A texture's dimensions must be bigger than min_size in order to be scaled in any way, and then it is scaled according to the number defined above (scale = X).

Example: Assuming 512x512 image, scale = 4, and min_size = 256, the image will become 128x128, because the original was over the threshold

2) The result of scaling a texture can't be smaller than min_size, and scale will be adjusted as necessary not to break this rule

Example: Assuming 512x512 image, scale = 4, and min_size = 256, the image will become 256x256, and then I assume textures less than 256x256 aren't rescaled in any way.

The reason I ask is that, given how long it takes to go through all the textures the first time, I'd really like to get it right on the first try, and these two understandings of min_size will produce rather different results, I think.

I'm on my phone right now so nothing current for .90, but here's a list I put together from .25. I think there were also a couple cases of textures that were saved as an mbm for one part and as a png for another part. There's 150 MB of duplicate assets on disk:

1 model004.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model004.mbm
1 model005.mbm crewCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/crewCabinInternals/model005.mbm
1 pilot Seat.mbm cupolaInternal GameDataSquad/Spaces/cupolaInternal/pilot Seat.mbm
1 model005.mbm GenericSpace1 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/model005.mbm
1 model002.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model002.mbm
1 model006.mbm landerCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model006.mbm
1 pilot Seat.mbm landerCabinSmallInternal GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinSmallInternal/pilot Seat.mbm
1 model006.mbm mk1PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/model006.mbm
2 model003.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model003.mbm
2 model004.mbm GenericSpace1 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/model004.mbm
2 model000.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model000.mbm
2 model002.mbm landerCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model002.mbm
2 model002.mbm mk1PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/model002.mbm
3 model000.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model000.mbm
3 internal shell box props.mbm SmallGearBay GameDataSquad/Parts/Wheel/SmallGearBay/internal shell box props.mbm
3 model001.mbm ladderTelescopicBay GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/ladderTelescopicBay/model001.mbm
3 model003.mbm crewCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/crewCabinInternals/model003.mbm
3 model003.mbm GenericSpace1 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/model003.mbm
3 model003.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model003.mbm
3 model004.mbm landerCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model004.mbm
3 model001.mbm mk1PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/model001.mbm
4 model001.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model001.mbm
4 model001.mbm GenericSpace1 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/model001.mbm
4 model004.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model004.mbm
4 model000.mbm landerCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model000.mbm
4 model000.mbm mk1PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/model000.mbm
5 model007.mbm mk1PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/model007.mbm
5 window.mbm GrapplingDevice GameDataNASAmission/Parts/GrapplingDevice/window.mbm
5 window.mbm cupola GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/cupola/window.mbm
5 window.mbm hitchhikerStorageContainer GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/hitchhikerStorageContainer/window.mbm
5 window.mbm Mk1-2Pod GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/Mk1-2Pod/window.mbm
5 window.mbm mk1InlineCockpit GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/mk1InlineCockpit/window.mbm
5 window.mbm mk3Cockpit GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/mk3Cockpit/window.mbm
5 window.mbm mk2LanderCan GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/mk2LanderCan/window.mbm
5 window.mbm LargeCrewedLab GameDataSquad/Parts/Science/LargeCrewedLab/window.mbm
5 model004.mbm crewCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/crewCabinInternals/model004.mbm
5 model007.mbm landerCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model007.mbm
6 model005.mbm mk1PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/model005.mbm
6 model001.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model001.mbm
6 model005.mbm landerCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model005.mbm
7 model002.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model002.mbm
7 model002.mbm GenericSpace1 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/model002.mbm
7 model005.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model005.mbm
7 model001.mbm landerCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/model001.mbm
8 model005.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model005.mbm
8 model007.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model007.mbm
9 model006.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model006.mbm
9 model006.mbm GenericSpace3 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/model006.mbm
10 model007.mbm PodCockpit GameDataSquad/Spaces/PodCockpit/model007.mbm
10 model000.mbm GenericSpace1 GameDataSquad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/model000.mbm
11 model001.mbm parachuteMk25 GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/parachuteMk25/model001.mbm
11 model001.mbm parachuteMk16-XL GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/parachuteMk16-XL/model001.mbm
11 model001.mbm parachuteMk2-R GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/parachuteMk2-R/model001.mbm
12 model000.mbm landingLegLT-5 GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/landingLegLT-5/model000.mbm
12 leg.mbm landingLegLT-5 GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/landingLegLT-5/leg.mbm
13 model002.mbm switchWithGuards GameDataSquad/Props/switchWithGuards/model002.mbm
13 model000.mbm switchGuard GameDataSquad/Props/switchGuard/model000.mbm
14 model001.mbm switchWithGuards GameDataSquad/Props/switchWithGuards/model001.mbm
14 model001.mbm pullSwitch GameDataSquad/Props/pullSwitch/model001.mbm
15 model000.mbm switchWithGuards GameDataSquad/Props/switchWithGuards/model000.mbm
15 model000.mbm pullSwitch GameDataSquad/Props/pullSwitch/model000.mbm
16 model001.mbm radialAttachmentPoint GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/radialAttachmentPoint/model001.mbm
16 model001.mbm dockingPort GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort/model001.mbm
16 model001.mbm dockingPortJr GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortJr/model001.mbm
17 model001.mbm NavBall GameDataSquad/Props/NavBall/model001.mbm
17 navBall_vectors_IVA.mbm IVANavBall GameDataSquad/Props/IVANavBall/navBall_vectors_IVA.mbm
18 model003.mbm NavBall GameDataSquad/Props/NavBall/model003.mbm
18 navBall_DV_IVA.mbm IVANavBall GameDataSquad/Props/IVANavBall/navBall_DV_IVA.mbm
19 model000.mbm NavBall GameDataSquad/Props/NavBall/model000.mbm
19 navball2.mbm IVANavBall GameDataSquad/Props/IVANavBall/navball2.mbm
20 model002.mbm NavBall GameDataSquad/Props/NavBall/model002.mbm
20 IVANavBall.mbm IVANavBall GameDataSquad/Props/IVANavBall/IVANavBall.mbm
21 model000.mbm ledPanelSpeed GameDataSquad/Props/ledPanelSpeed/model000.mbm
21 model000.mbm circularButton GameDataSquad/Props/circularButton/model000.mbm
22 model000.mbm AxisIndicator GameDataSquad/Props/AxisIndicator/model000.mbm
22 model000.mbm AtmosphereDepth GameDataSquad/Props/AtmosphereDepth/model000.mbm
23 model000.mbm trussGirderXL GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/trussGirderXL/model000.mbm
23 model000.mbm trussGirderL GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/trussGirderL/model000.mbm
24 model001.mbm structuralPanel1x1 GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/structuralPanel1x1/model001.mbm
24 model001.mbm structuralPanel2x2 GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/structuralPanel2x2/model001.mbm
25 model000.mbm structuralPanel1x1 GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/structuralPanel1x1/model000.mbm
25 model000.mbm structuralPanel2x2 GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/structuralPanel2x2/model000.mbm
26 model000.mbm structuralIBeam200Pocket GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/structuralIBeam200Pocket/model000.mbm
26 model000.mbm structuralIBeam200 GameDataSquad/Parts/Structural/structuralIBeam200/model000.mbm
27 model001.mbm liquidEngineMainsail GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail/model001.mbm
27 model003.mbm liquidEngineLV-T45 GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-T45/model003.mbm
28 model000.mbm liquidEngineMainsail GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail/model000.mbm
28 bigfairing.mbm liquidEngineLV-909 GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-909/bigfairing.mbm
28 model000.mbm liquidEngineLV-T30 GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-T30/model000.mbm
28 model002.mbm liquidEngineLV-T45 GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-T45/model002.mbm
29 model001.mbm liquidEngineLV-T45 GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-T45/model001.mbm
29 model002.mbm liquidEngineLV-T30 GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-T30/model002.mbm
30 model000.mbm liquidEngineLV-1 GameDataSquad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-1/model000.mbm
30 model000.mbm 1x6SolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/1x6SolarPanels/model000.mbm
30 model000.mbm 2x3SolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/2x3SolarPanels/model000.mbm
31 model002.mbm 2x3SolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/2x3SolarPanels/model002.mbm
31 model002.mbm 2x3ShroudSolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/2x3ShroudSolarPanels/model002.mbm
32 model001.mbm 2x3SolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/2x3SolarPanels/model001.mbm
32 model001.mbm 2x3ShroudSolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/2x3ShroudSolarPanels/model001.mbm
33 model002.mbm 1x6ShroudSolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/1x6ShroudSolarPanels/model002.mbm
33 model002.mbm 1x6SolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/1x6SolarPanels/model002.mbm
34 model001.mbm 1x6ShroudSolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/1x6ShroudSolarPanels/model001.mbm
34 model001.mbm 1x6SolarPanels GameDataSquad/Parts/Electrical/1x6SolarPanels/model001.mbm
35 model000.mbm crewCabinInternals GameDataSquad/Spaces/crewCabinInternals/model000.mbm
35 ladder.mbm Mk1-2Pod GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/Mk1-2Pod/ladder.mbm
35 ladder.mbm mk1InlineCockpit GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/mk1InlineCockpit/ladder.mbm
35 ladder.mbm mk3Cockpit GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/mk3Cockpit/ladder.mbm
35 ladder.mbm mk2LanderCan GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/mk2LanderCan/ladder.mbm
36 model000.mbm ladderRadial GameDataSquad/Parts/Utility/ladderRadial/model000.mbm
36 ladderrung.mbm mk1pod GameDataSquad/Parts/Command/mk1pod/ladderrung.mbm
37 fueltTanks_cm.mbm Size3SmallTank GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3SmallTank/fueltTanks_cm.mbm
37 fueltTanks_cm.mbm Size3LargeTank GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3LargeTank/fueltTanks_cm.mbm
37 fueltTanks_cm.mbm Size3MediumTank GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3MediumTank/fueltTanks_cm.mbm
38 decoupler_and_adaptor_nm.mbm Size3To2Adapter GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3To2Adapter/decoupler_and_adaptor_nm.mbm
38 decoupler_and_adaptor_nm.mbm Size3Decoupler GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3Decoupler/decoupler_and_adaptor_nm.mbm
39 decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.mbm Size3To2Adapter GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3To2Adapter/decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.mbm
39 decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.mbm Size3AdvancedEngine GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3AdvancedEngine/decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.mbm
39 decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.mbm Size3Decoupler GameDataNASAmission/Parts/Size3Decoupler/decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.mbm

Alright, this should be a pretty easy change I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if you did answer this somewhere, but I read for pages and couldn't find one: can you explain how the min_size variable in the ATM config works? I could see it working in either of two ways:

1) A texture's dimensions must be bigger than min_size in order to be scaled in any way, and then it is scaled according to the number defined above (scale = X).

Example: Assuming 512x512 image, scale = 4, and min_size = 256, the image will become 128x128, because the original was over the threshold

2) The result of scaling a texture can't be smaller than min_size, and scale will be adjusted as necessary not to break this rule

Example: Assuming 512x512 image, scale = 4, and min_size = 256, the image will become 256x256, and then I assume textures less than 256x256 aren't rescaled in any way.

The reason I ask is that, given how long it takes to go through all the textures the first time, I'd really like to get it right on the first try, and these two understandings of min_size will produce rather different results, I think.

2) the idea being that it should be the absolute smallest any texture should go down to.

Alright, this should be a pretty easy change I think.

- - - Updated - - -

2) the idea being that it should be the absolute smallest any texture should go down to.

Cool, thanks. And also, just to check, does ATM double check every time KSP is started whether the textures in its cache are still needed? Meaning if I delete a part folder with a texture in it, ATM won't still load the texture from its cache?

Cool, thanks. And also, just to check, does ATM double check every time KSP is started whether the textures in its cache are still needed? Meaning if I delete a part folder with a texture in it, ATM won't still load the texture from its cache?

The cache file is only loaded in-place of the original texture. No original texture, means we don't load a cache file. That being said, ATM won't automatically clean the cache out either.

Hi,

I also have this:

Hi, I've been having an issue with the new ATM (4.3 x86 aggressive) release, which is sad because it's so very useful. I'm on 0.90, completely stock. During the load sequence it comes up with a 'too many heap sections' error. Never had this problem before this release, and not entirely certain what to do about it. I use a laptop so this greatly enhances play-ability for me usually.

problem on a desktop pc, have not been using this mod ever but since 0.9 ksp refuses to load due to memory cap

I'm not even sure wich of the 4 versiosn I'm supposed to use, I tried the x86 agressiv and the x64 basic with equal results

so please someone provide a solution for JohnnyFoosball so I can then copy it ^^