[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

My game always crashes not even halfway the loading bar on Squad's parts. I tried running the game multiple times to let it load as you said but it always exceeds the 32 bit ram limit in more or less 15 seconds. Is it possible to run the mod the old way?

Here's my output_log file:

http://puu.sh/dTt5X/23c20cca47.txt

I'm on Windows 8.1 64bit but use 32bit KSP and I have 8gb of RAM

My game always crashes not even halfway the loading bar on Squad's parts. I tried running the game multiple times to let it load as you said but it always exceeds the 32 bit ram limit in more or less 15 seconds. Is it possible to run the mod the old way?

Here's my output_log file:

http://puu.sh/dTt5X/23c20cca47.txt

I'm on Windows 8.1 64bit but use 32bit KSP and I have 8gb of RAM

It looks like you might be missing the configs... Normally KSP will print the loading of the config files, and your game isn't doing that. Are you sure you have the config files in the mod?

I'm getting stuck at the load screen when trying to load a specific texture.

I can load into the game fine when ATM first builds the cache, but for some reason this texture causes the game to hang on subsequent startups.

My output_log

The texture in question is UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/Assets/Decal_375_00

I'm using the pre-release 4-4 build of ATM.

I'm getting stuck at the load screen when trying to load a specific texture.

I can load into the game fine when ATM first builds the cache, but for some reason this texture causes the game to hang on subsequent startups.

My output_log

The texture in question is UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/Assets/Decal_375_00

I'm using the pre-release 4-4 build of ATM.

I was having issues with the same file. Try deleting the Kolonization folder in the cache and check if that fixes it

I was having issues with the same file. Try deleting the Kolonization folder in the cache and check if that fixes it

It does, until the next time I try to load the game :( I have to delete that folder every time I want to load KSP.

looks like a problem I was hoping to avoid...

The issue is that there are duplicate textures. Some mods are put together poorly, and have multiple textures (same name, different extension). In this case, there was another issue I had never considered before: a mod has THREE duplicate textures! Delete one of the original textures and you will be golden.

It looks like you might be missing the configs... Normally KSP will print the loading of the config files, and your game isn't doing that. Are you sure you have the config files in the mod?

Yep

b595ce6595.png

Does having a mod not in the configs may be the issue?

Edited by The Czosnex

Yep

http://puu.sh/dUDIh/b595ce6595.png

Does having a mod not in the configs may be the issue?

It may, but shouldn't. The other thing you could do is go to the aggressive config to save more memory.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my output_log.txt.

My KSP version is 0.90_X64.

My OS is Win7 64bit.

RAM:8GB

My problem is that every time I enter the new game or the saved game, the KSP will crash down.

This is probably an x64 ksp issue. I don't see any memory related problems. Sorry, but this is as far as we can go with KSP x64 on windows.

Almost all parts are missing from the game, causing active flights to be deleted and SPH/VAB part menus to be empty. Parts not missing are: DavonStationLogisticsHub, Davon DifferentialThrustModule, and Deadly Reentry Heatshields.

Amongst other things you're missing a Firespitter resource cfg required by KAX. Missing resources can corrupt the entire game database resulting in parts not loading.

looks like a problem I was hoping to avoid...

The issue is that there are duplicate textures. Some mods are put together poorly, and have multiple textures (same name, different extension). In this case, there was another issue I had never considered before: a mod has THREE duplicate textures! Delete one of the original textures and you will be golden.

No, sir, YOU are golden.

Thank you very much for this :D

rbray -- ran into some issues with the new de-duplication code in 4-4. Parts which reference textures via model nodes lose their textures if TextureReplacer is installed alongside ATM. Rover's Karbonite shows this problem with its inline fuel tanks and several of its engines.

KSP.log

I tried setting TR to never comress, never mipmap and never unload but it had no effect.

Amongst other things you're missing a Firespitter resource cfg required by KAX. Missing resources can corrupt the entire game database resulting in parts not loading.

Thanks. I didn't realize I had installed KAX at the same time. This appears to be an issue with CKAN.

rbray -- ran into some issues with the new de-duplication code in 4-4. Parts which reference textures via model nodes lose their textures if TextureReplacer is installed alongside ATM. Rover's Karbonite shows this problem with its inline fuel tanks and several of its engines.

KSP.log

I tried setting TR to never comress, never mipmap and never unload but it had no effect.

Hmmm... I'm not entirely sure how TR is doing it's thing, but I could see it doing this. I'll have to look into what is going on. It may be unloading the original texture, which would destroy the "linked" texture.

I don't think Active texture management was working properly when I last used it because it only took like 1 - 2 minutes to do the compression, still got some savings but I wonder how much I will be able to pack in with the basic compression...

Glad I overclocked my 3570k to 4.5Ghz and put KSP on my SSD because other wise this would be taking forever and an age... Although I have a faster older smaller SSD which I'm using as a scratch disk and I'm kinda wishing I had put it on that for doing to compression still I'm getting 85 - 95% CPU utilization so its not far off.

Edited by etheoma

github seems to be inaccessible in India, can someone please give me an alternate link ?

Which version?

@Rbray - I'm having some issues with Texture Replacer. One first load (when ATM is building the cache) everything is fine, however on each subsequent load (when the cache is already established) certain textures are not working. Specifically EVAhelmet and EVAjetpack. I can't for the life of me figure out why this is the case. I even changed the Texture Replacer ATM config to enabled = false.

Please assist good sir, I miss my custom EVA helmets/jetpacks :(

Edited by Hektos

3.8 GB down to 2.5 at the start screen.

Pretty impressive that!

I was having some mod related crashes (the usual ones one exit VAB, recover, lauch etc) due to too much mem use. Hopefully fine now, with room to add more mods!

@Rbray - I'm having some issues with Texture Replacer. One first load (when ATM is building the cache) everything is fine, however on each subsequent load (when the cache is already established) certain textures are not working. Specifically EVAhelmet and EVAjetpack. I can't for the life of me figure out why this is the case. I even changed the Texture Replacer ATM config to enabled = false.

Please assist good sir, I miss my custom EVA helmets/jetpacks :(

Whelp I fixed my issue, it was the beta 4-4. Something about it was causing some of my Texture replaced textures to revert to stock. Going back to ATM release 4-3 solved this issue.