[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

After ATM installation,all the tanks and engines of karbonite were without texture,what can i do?

Yeah I saw this. Although my karbonite tank seem okay, most of the karbonite engines are textureless.

- - - Updated - - -

How can I make ATM exclude a folder? It keeps overwriting my texture replacer files?

Here's an example of something I use to make sure ATM doesn't start blurring out toolbar icons of certain mods.

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = KerbalEngineer
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
KerbalEngineer/Textures/.*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
}
}
}

Specifically, making sure mipmaps = false is the important part for my purposes. I'm not sure if that suits your purposes. Worst case scenario, you switch "enabled = true" to "enabled = false".

Hmm, is there a way to set it to not use 100% of available CPU? This thing ran my i7 to 100C, and could conceivably seriously damage an unsuspecting person's PC. It's like using Prime95, but someone using Prime95 knows what they are getting into.

Edited by Bloodbunny

Hmm, is there a way to set it to not use 100% of available CPU? This thing ran my i7 to 100C, and could conceivably seriously damage an unsuspecting person's PC. It's like using Prime95, but someone using Prime95 knows what they are getting into.

First run through where it's compressing the textures is a lot of work

If using 100% is running your CPU up to 100'C though that sounds like your cooling isn't right, also the i7 should throttle itself before hitting 80'C

Yeah I saw this. Although my karbonite tank seem okay, most of the karbonite engines are textureless.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an example of something I use to make sure ATM doesn't start blurring out toolbar icons of certain mods.

{
folder = KerbalEngineer
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
KerbalEngineer/Textures/.*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
}
}
}

Specifically, making sure mipmaps = false is the important part for my purposes. I'm not sure if that suits your purposes. Worst case scenario, you switch "enabled = true" to "enabled = false".

How do I add this for Mechjeb? Do I create a config file named Mechjeb and use this code, or do I add it to the already existing Activetexturemanagement.cfg?

How do I add this for Mechjeb? Do I create a config file named Mechjeb and use this code, or do I add it to the already existing Activetexturemanagement.cfg?

Don't mess with Activetexturemanagement.cfg.

Go into /GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagementConfigs/ and see if ATM came with a config in that folder for MechJeb.

If a config already exists in the ATM folder for a MechJeb, you probably want to (1) modify ATM's default MechJeb config or (2) delete ATM's default MechJeb config and replace it with a new one. Where you put the new one doesn't matter much, just somewhere inside /GameData/. I actually have my own mod-folder for putting custom modifications like this.

Anyway, I don't use MechJeb, so I can't confirm this works, but looking at the mod's folder structure, you could try this.

{
folder = MechJeb2
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
MechJeb2/Icons/.*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
}
}
}

I'm assuming of course you only want to prevent ATM from blurring out MechJeb's GUI icons (which is ordinarily caused by using mipmaps=true). If you're trying to change how MechJeb handles part-textures you need to tweak the folder-path on the 7th line.

sorry if this has already been asked, but is the latest version good to go for 1.0.2?

I've been using it w/out trouble (mostly -- there's still a lot of mod icons that show up in the stock toolbar as a solid white block, like FAR, KVV, and AmpYear).

I have a problem with ATM+Karbonite too. Some of the engines and other parts textures are grey. After clearing ATM cache for Karbonite everything fine fo the first launch of the game but then they become grey again. This did not happen in ATM 4.3. Textures messed up starting with ATM 4.4beta i think.

KSP Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p0uvz8qvbpwk0g/output_log.txt?dl=0

KSP 1.0.0 x32/Windows 8.1 x64/8GB RAM/ATM 5.0 Basic

P.S. Sorry for my terrible english

I've installed this mod, but I have no idea if it is working. I've been stuck on the "Loading..." screen for hours. I don't know if progress is being made or if it is stuck in an infinite loop. Can you add some sort of progress bar or any indication that the mod is working?

I have a problem with ATM+Karbonite too. Some of the engines and other parts textures are grey. After clearing ATM cache for Karbonite everything fine fo the first launch of the game but then they become grey again. This did not happen in ATM 4.3. Textures messed up starting with ATM 4.4beta i think.

KSP Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p0uvz8qvbpwk0g/output_log.txt?dl=0

KSP 1.0.0 x32/Windows 8.1 x64/8GB RAM/ATM 5.0 Basic

P.S. Sorry for my terrible english

Yep me too

sxHaYqR.png

I am coming to third the non-working USI configs. Specifically - Karbonite textures are missing as a whole(and they seem to be cached by ATM), while MKS/OKS don't even get cached - the only cache folder I have is of the assets, no parts folder. Which explains what is eating up my RAM without even B9 and KW Rocketry installed.

Perhaps RoverDude changed something on his side, or you need to look into ATM, Rbray?

Don't mess with Activetexturemanagement.cfg.

Go into /GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagementConfigs/ and see if ATM came with a config in that folder for MechJeb.

If a config already exists in the ATM folder for a MechJeb, you probably want to (1) modify ATM's default MechJeb config or (2) delete ATM's default MechJeb config and replace it with a new one. Where you put the new one doesn't matter much, just somewhere inside /GameData/. I actually have my own mod-folder for putting custom modifications like this.

Anyway, I don't use MechJeb, so I can't confirm this works, but looking at the mod's folder structure, you could try this.

{
folder = MechJeb2
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
MechJeb2/Icons/.*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
}
}
}

I'm assuming of course you only want to prevent ATM from blurring out MechJeb's GUI icons (which is ordinarily caused by using mipmaps=true). If you're trying to change how MechJeb handles part-textures you need to tweak the folder-path on the 7th line.

Yes, yes, and yes thank you very much.

They're not optimally sized and Squad still left many duplicate textures in place. ATM will fix the latter on the fly once it supports DDS textures.

So it will eventually allow us to compress and resize DDS? This is hopeful news!

I can confirm the same. On top of the Karbonite mode, the Infernal Robotics parts have similar problem, instead of just grey model, the textures appear all black. I'm using the Reworked parts. Tried both basic and aggressive, same result.

Edited by soontm

I can confirm the same. On top of the Karbonite mode, the Infernal Robotics parts have similar problem, instead of just grey model, the textures appear all black. I'm using the Reworked parts. Tried both basic and aggressive, same result.

I just wanted to throw in my "me four". I have tried numerous times to edit ATM's cfg files for Karbonite and the Infernal Robotics rework parts, and I'll get the textures back...but when I load KSP a second time, the textures are gone again.

I have been having an issue getting Infernal robotics textures to display after the first reload after purgiong the MagicSmokeIndustries cache folder. I have tried to purge the folder then Load KSP. I see the correct textures. I quit KSP, then restart KSP multiple times but left with black parts after that first load.

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG{
folder = MagicSmokeIndustries
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/.*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
}
}
}

The black parts can be seen here http://imgur.com/fWEOPWS

Is there an issue with code or something else I should do? Any help would be appreciated.

I have an issue with both USI Karbonite and MagicSmoke Infernal Robotics. It looks like the textures for these are not or not properly loaded with ATM. USI Parts become grey and Infernal Robotics Parts look all black. If anyone could fix this or point me at how to fix it, I´d be grateful!

I have an issue with both USI Karbonite and MagicSmoke Infernal Robotics. It looks like the textures for these are not or not properly loaded with ATM. USI Parts become grey and Infernal Robotics Parts look all black. If anyone could fix this or point me at how to fix it, I´d be grateful!

Grab the latest karbonite (been converted to dds) fix's that.Don't now how to fix IR though

Which explains why my KSP is running at 3 Gb RAM usage without any of the chunky part mods I usually have like B9 and KW Rocketry.

Since almost all mods converted to DDS now.