[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

6 hours ago, ss8913 said:

why?  My KSP won't even load without ATM.  However is there a way to disable ATM for one specific mod, in its entirety?

DTL (which I linked) is now the main version, and dynamically loads and unloads textures, rather than compressing them. DTL is compatible with any mod, and is pretty much better than ATM in every way.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, olekopyto said:

It's usefull and needed!

No it is not. This mod speeds up load time and saves RAM by converting texture files to dds files. But in 1.0.5 and later, stock KSP and most mods have dds textures by default.

7 hours ago, Jas0n said:

No it is not. This mod speeds up load time and saves RAM by converting texture files to dds files. But in 1.0.5 and later, stock KSP and most mods have dds textures by default.

Do'h My ksp goes Crash-Crash :(

7 hours ago, Jas0n said:

Actually its 1.0.0 and later...Meaning the last version this was REALLY needed for was 0.90... But yes.. :)

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 21/5/2016 at 1:46 PM, MadCatCarter said:

I'm really excited about using this mod, however, I don't understand how I'm meant to install it!  Please help!

2 hours ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

yeah i dont know how too

This mod is useless in 1.X.X, cause it, by default, compress all textures to .dds format.

From KSP 1.0, all textures are in .dds format by default, so you don't need at all to install this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay does this mod make the game look crap in terms of texture quality or does it not change the quality at all? This might be useful to have this as my space program is getting bigger and more stuff is having to be loaded, consequently slowing my game down a bit. 

1 hour ago, techgamer17 said:

Okay does this mod make the game look crap in terms of texture quality or does it not change the quality at all? This might be useful to have this as my space program is getting bigger and more stuff is having to be loaded, consequently slowing my game down a bit. 

As stated literally two post before yours, this mod is useless from KSP 1.0, cause the textures format was changed.

• 1 month later...

Im using the 1.2 version and it seems doesnt work (still crashing and no long time loading at the start). i put all content inside the gamedata folder to the ksp gamedata, did i do the installation wrong?, does it need to be 1.0 version??. if does please update it to 1.2!! ;.; for now i have to play ksp with crashing every 20 mins ;.;;.;

tHa7nQw.png