[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

I haven't found anything revealing in the logs yet, but just from watching the loading screen it seems to be hanging on certain files with a .mu extension. Examples are WarpPlugin\Spaces\Sci\model.mu and WarpPlugin\Parts\Electrical\ElectricalGeneratorsS\sgen.mu

I'll post the logs in a bit to confirm though

I haven't found anything revealing in the logs yet, but just from watching the loading screen it seems to be hanging on certain files with a .mu extension. Examples are WarpPlugin\Spaces\Sci\model.mu and WarpPlugin\Parts\Electrical\ElectricalGeneratorsS\sgen.mu

I'll post the logs in a bit to confirm though

Anyway, here's the log for my most recent attempt at loading. https://app.box.com/s/3cqt16yjf6gwrpsiemxd This one didn't crash, rather I just terminated the process after it chewed on the same file for like 15 minutes or so. Other times I hit an out-of-memory exception.

Edited by FenrirWolf

I too am experiencing the hang up.

The end of the log.

[LOG 23:03:41.825] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/radialLiquidEngine1-2/part/radialLiquidEngine1-2'
[EXC 23:03:41.828] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 23:13:04.649] SaveConfig
[LOG 23:30:38.123] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)
[LOG 23:30:38.229] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

And then so on for a few dozen more lines..

Yea Fenrir; I just had the same issue as you; game hangs without crashing. Mine looks to be a NRE while adding a sound from the stock game.

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Utility/parachute_single/part/parachuteSingle'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Added sound_parachute_open to FXGroup activate

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at System.Collections.Generic.GenericEqualityComparer`1[System.String].GetHashCode (System.String obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.Int32].TryGetValue (System.String key, System.Int32& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

@Moto the render frame skip is basically the splash screen not rendering because the game isn't in focus. My output log is spammed to hell and back with them as I was letting the game load in the background; made finding this NRE a pain :P

The textures are all there, but the extension has changed... I'm working right now on a version that will change them back, and will use a filter to only work on folders specified. Should be ready in a few minutes.

The textures are all there, but the extension has changed... I'm working right now on a version that will change them back, and will use a filter to only work on folders specified. Should be ready in a few minutes.

Cool

So if a player tries this and doesn't like it, the mod leaves behind files in the parts folders?

Haha, this thought crossed my mind as well. I don't mind the mod making some spare files in the name of MOAR RAM but it does raise the question of how the removal of said files should work.

Sounds good rbray; will be happy to play guinea pig for ya; and third time still unlucky. Weird that it's hanging at different points though; I would have thought it would find the first instance of something it couldn't read and hang on that. This time around it couldn't read/load a texture from KAS and hanged. (Really odd as it crashed the first time and hanged on the sound effect the second time; both well after KAS had loaded)

Just have to keep that in mind when testing this out before moving over, it does leave files behind. Try it on another install.

Cool

Haha, this thought crossed my mind as well. I don't mind the mod making some spare files in the name of MOAR RAM but it does raise the question of how the removal of said files should work.