[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

Did you install KSPRC? I had the same look on the Kerbals when I had the EVA textures from it in TR - removed them, EVA suits looked fine.

No not necessarily in that I rather have the sources of the EVA suits from that pack and their original creator who i've worked with to make some custom ones. But you're right in that when I use those suits it happens, defaults are fine

I'm having similar problems with texture replacer too, my suits are getting messed up weird

http://i.imgur.com/228wXil.jpg

The normal map is not properly marked as a normal map. Renaming it to *_NRM makes a difference. not sure why except that Unity or KSP checks the filename and knows to treat it as a normal map.

The alternative is to import the texture into the Unity3d editor and assign it as a material's normal map or edit an object's texture and try to assign it to the object's texture as a normal map. Under the normal map preview box it will tell you it's not marked as a normal map and gives you the option to do so. Then just re-export the texture as part of some dummy object (export it using the KSP plugin). The resulting texture file will be properly marked as a normal map.

Replace the original with that file.

Hey guys, I feel like I am missing something. I am doing a rebuild of my RSS file with updated mods and .25. With an earlier build of Active Texture Management I saw links for basic and aggressive. I found myself a bit confused with the current files in the download link. Can someone give me a step by step on how to get it running?

Hey guys, I feel like I am missing something. I am doing a rebuild of my RSS file with updated mods and .25. With an earlier build of Active Texture Management I saw links for basic and aggressive. I found myself a bit confused with the current files in the download link. Can someone give me a step by step on how to get it running?

Download aggressive, drop it in GameData, start KSP. if it looks really bad, remove aggressive and try basic. the only difference between them is that aggressive uses more scaling for more memory reduction.

This mod both basic and aggressive x86 seems to kill the FAR icon. I have confirmed this for both the basic and aggressive version.

Here is a shot of what it is doing to the FAR icon in the KSP menu at the upper right. You can see the blank icon which should be "FAR". I remove ATM and the icon renders fine. I put ATM in and the ICON gets wrecked.

yrA3cos.png

Oddly if I select the FAR option to render in the blizzy toolbar the icon renders play there. But then there is no way in the FAR options to ever move it back to the ksp menu. (lol)

ctbram,

Your problem can be solved by going to the settings screen from the KSP main menu. Go to the video tab and increase your graphics setting. That should clear up the white box problem with the tool bar. If your comp can't handle it or you have too much of a slow down. You'll have to change it back.

For the sake of debugging -- could you put the version number of each in e.g. the license or a readme file? I'm trying to chase down a bug, and I'm pretty sure I'm up to date with this mod (and that it's not this mod's fault at all), but it would be nice to have a way to check. Thanks!

This mod both basic and aggressive x86 seems to kill the FAR icon. I have confirmed this for both the basic and aggressive version.

Here is a shot of what it is doing to the FAR icon in the KSP menu at the upper right. You can see the blank icon which should be "FAR". I remove ATM and the icon renders fine. I put ATM in and the ICON gets wrecked.

http://i.imgur.com/yrA3cos.png

Oddly if I select the FAR option to render in the blizzy toolbar the icon renders play there. But then there is no way in the FAR options to ever move it back to the ksp menu. (lol)

Are you sure that isn't the DR icon when you from the space center view? Because FAR is very grainy in game with a low texture setting, however it was never a white box for me.

Sorry if I am missing something, but the white texture glitch is at least summoned by this mod. I have the AIES parts pack installed with many other mods. Now I need ATM, and for my surprise, I find that the textures of these pack are white. I have tried running AIES without ATM and the textures are good. What's the problem?