[1.0][Release-5-0][April 28, 2015] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

rbray89

Hello,

I have a problem with ATM accessing folders I dont want it to access: MAINLY: BoulderCo Environments/Clouds.

How can I STOP this?! If I can bypass Boulder I can run ATM with AVP/BoulderCo. ALSO I dont want it to touch OuterPlanet Mod Dirs. I have BuilderCo at: ATM = 223 Megs and Gamedata = 87 Megs.

Edit: Believe it or not and dont ask me how but I dropped a bunch of cloud layers and have OPM/ATM and TR all working at the same time. I havnt a clue but I am tweaking parts to give me more RAM now...heh ! Oh it could have been that I needed Hyperedit with NO CFGs and OPM installs NEED to be ORIGINAL files; I have to remap the moons AFTER running ATM/TR...I am gonna try to add the CFGs from Hyperedit I did withouth ATM and it worked who knows...it works anyways with ALOT less clouds.

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

This mod does a great job of resizing textures and making them not look ugly. There are just a few textures I feel someone should make a config to NOT resize. Here they are:

1. Stock 1-kerbal and 3-kerbal command pods

2. (KASA) NASA IXS Class Warpship for RoverDude's Stand-Alone Alcubierre Drive (and The Original)

3. Pteron Micro Shuttle

My problem is this: I want certain folders NOT TO HAVE TEXTURES MESSED WITH

No matter what I use for 'compress' the imagecache files still show up in the folder...please explain if this is actually happning in game/or memory whether or not the files are created.

I have a problem with ATM accessing folders I dont want it to access: MAINLY: BoulderCo Environments/Clouds.

How can I STOP this?!

Stopping ATM from "messing," "touching," or "accessing" is impossible I'm afraid.

But what should be understood is that it is not compressing or resizing or adding mipmaps or unloading texture from memory unless you tell it to (or unless one of the configs that comes with ATM tells it to).

What it does do, that cannot be stopped and have ATM in use, is the preloading and caching all images in the DTX format that Unity loads all images into. ATM, when it first sees a texture, converts to this DTX format and saves a cached copy of it in this state in the textureCache folder. In this way, it can load the cached version much much faster the next time you load the game. Squad indicated they were looking to have all the stock textures saved in this format to optimize load times for 1.0.

This mod does a great job of resizing textures and making them not look ugly. There are just a few textures I feel someone should make a config to NOT resize.

Textures only resize if there is a config that enables to folder. And after that will the "scale" setting be applied. With the "basic" setup, textures aren't scaled at all. Do you have a config that's enabling those folders? Open it up and either disable it or override the scale parameter for that folder.

Hope these two things help further your quest to get ATM setup to meet your needs.

I know this will sound dumb, but which one do I install? x86 or x64?

for a 64bit KSP it is x64

for a 32bit Ksp it is the x86. (regardless of the OS itself)

There is another option something like basic and agressive. Basic is "lighter"

agressive will give you more "compression" therefore more free memory.

Hello,

How can I STOP this?! If I can bypass Boulder I can run ATM with AVP/BoulderCo. ALSO I dont want it to touch OuterPlanet Mod Dirs. I have BuilderCo at: ATM = 223 Megs and Gamedata = 87 Megs.

Edit: Believe it or not and dont ask me how but I dropped a bunch of cloud layers and have OPM/ATM and TR all working at the same time. I havnt a clue but I am tweaking parts to give me more RAM now...heh ! Oh it could have been that I needed Hyperedit with NO CFGs and OPM installs NEED to be ORIGINAL files; I have to remap the moons AFTER running ATM/TR...I am gonna try to add the CFGs from Hyperedit I did withouth ATM and it worked who knows...it works anyways with ALOT less clouds.

Cmdr Zeta

There is a config file, you just have to add section to it to protect some dirs.

for a 64bit KSP it is x64

for a 32bit Ksp it is the x86. (regardless of the OS itself)

There is another option something like basic and agressive. Basic is "lighter"

agressive will give you more "compression" therefore more free memory.

Out of curiosity, what would happen if the x64 ATM basic was installed into a 32bit Win KSP game? I installed the x64 version with CKAN by mistake and it seemed to work. I installed the x86 basic ATM when I noticed my mistake.

There is no native part in ATM so it is more an issue of code optimisation by the compiler (as far as I know). Things MAY be slower but I doubt the difference is that noticeable

Hello. How do I compress my textures and keep my flag from blurring. I am fine with other textures reduction for performance, but my flag to become some blur is not something I like. How to avoid compressing it ?

Hello. How do I compress my textures and keep my flag from blurring. I am fine with other textures reduction for performance, but my flag to become some blur is not something I like. How to avoid compressing it ?

You need to add an exception for the flag. The easiest way to do it is create a folder in GameData called something like "000Flags" and dump your flags into that folder. Once that's sorted, copy and paste the following into a text file

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG
{
folder = 000Flags
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
000Flags/.*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
}
}
}

Save the file as '000Flags.cfg' and put it in 'GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/'

Day 6.

I don't know what to expect, but I fear I won't live long enough to see it for myself.

20% compressed.

I'm losing hope.

Seriously, it's been 3 hours or so and not even a fourth is compressed. xD

Day 6.

I don't know what to expect, but I fear I won't live long enough to see it for myself.

20% compressed.

I'm losing hope.

Seriously, it's been 3 hours or so and not even a fourth is compressed. xD

If this were Facebook, your post would be known as 'Vaguebooking'

If you're having trouble, say what it is clearly and concisely. Are you crashing? Or is the program hanging on loading? Or is it neither crashing or hanging but you just aren't seeing the savings you hoped for?

What?

Edit: If you are crashing or hanging, post your logs. If you don't know where to find your logs then read this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-Melificent's-Guide-To-Finding-Your-Logs

Edited by Starwaster

I have 2GB worth of mods and it took less than a hour, but I guess it depends on the configuration. i7 CPU. If you are on slower CPU it may take 2x 4x 8x or even 16x the time. May pretty much blow up to 16-32 hours. It took 8 solid hours for a friend of mine, but he started it in the evening and in the morning it was OK. Now his KSP loads pretty fast, compared.

Hey guys. I'm running ksp 32 bit version so I need to download ATM x86, right? And I don't understand what diffirent between Basic and Aggressive (I'm using x86-Basic-Release.zip right now for my ksp). Thank you if someone answer my question.

86 is the correct version.

aggressive compresses ALL textures for better memory savings. However, it can compress icons into black squares so unless it bothers you, its the best solution.

That first run will take a long time (though 7 hours is quite a lot) but now all the compressed textures are in the cache, so starting KSP should be much faster thereafter (unless you delete the cache or add more mods, in which case it will recompress any removed/new textures)

I have a question that i'd like to have answered ASAP! :D

Is it OK for me to only extract the B9 Aerospace folder from the winrar file that curseforge gives you?

m98ExNm.png