Kerbal Space Repository

Victor

Hi there Kerbals!

I\'ve recently have been developing a tool for easy addon-install/removal and I\'ve just finished the first beta-build. It\'s quite simple still and there is not many addons available for downloading. But more addons will be available shortly and authors will be able to add addons themselves.

If you have any addon that you want me to add now, send me a PM.

Currently, the backup-function isn\'t working as expected and are therefore disabled.

Download link: https://bitbucket.org/VictorBjelkholm/kerbal-space-repository/downloads/KerbalSpaceRepository.zip

What kind of license is this? Will we be able to contribute patches?

No licence at all yet. It\'s very early in development and I haven\'t figured that stuff out yet.

Yes, patches will be available via Git in the near future.

This is great news! More addons need to be added to the list though.

I agree and more will come. In the future, a web interface will be available for addon-makers also so they can upload and update their addons themselves.

:(

What\'s it based on? Perhaps we could colaborate on making a Mac version?

It made with C#. I\'m not the brightest one on the language but this is a try on learning it better. I don\'t think there\'s a way to port it to Mac.

What format is the repository? I\'m making a decentralized mod manager of my own, and I\'d like to keep a compatible format, if possible.

Current edition of the code is here: https://github.com/N3X15/Kerbal-Mod-Manager

Format? Code with C# and fetches start page from a html file and addon-list from a external xml file. I couldn\'t run your project, missing files apparently.

I\'ve uploaded my project to Bitbucket and is available here: https://bitbucket.org/VictorBjelkholm/kerbal-space-repository

SSH read from the repository: [email protected]:VictorBjelkholm/kerbal-space-repository.git

My code isn\'t the best but don\'t be afraid to leave constructive criticism :)

The site where addon-makers can add their own addons is soon ready for release. Some more finetuning needs to be done tho.

I\'ve added a version control to the application. When you run it or select your KSP-folder, it will check you version. When you select a addon on the addons-tab, it will check your version against the parts-version to see if it\'s sure to install. The addon version number will be solely the authors responsibility but some sort of voting system should be added like the Wordpress plugin directory.

Download it from here: https://bitbucket.org/VictorBjelkholm/kerbal-space-repository/downloads/KerbalSpaceRepository.zip

It made with C#. I\'m not the brightest one on the language but this is a try on learning it better. I don\'t think there\'s a way to port it to Mac.

Format? Code with C# and fetches start page from a html file and addon-list from a external xml file. I couldn\'t run your project, missing files apparently.

I\'ve uploaded my project to Bitbucket and is available here: https://bitbucket.org/VictorBjelkholm/kerbal-space-repository

SSH read from the repository: [email protected]:VictorBjelkholm/kerbal-space-repository.git

Well yeah, it doesn\'t work; I made the initial commit yesterday :P

And thanks, I\'ll go ahead and pull from that.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Basic rundown on what I think of it.

The interface is good, but work needs to be done on the home page. The downloads section is good. The interface there is straightforward and it good to see a picture of what your downloading and a little discription. The already installed area needs a little bit of work, as half the people installing the mods won\'t know what any of that stuff means and will think that the mod they just installed didn\'t actually install.

I also downloaded SE using the tool. It takes about the same time as not, and is automaticly installed afterwards which doesn\'t take too long.

Summing up, apart from some improvements needed in a few areas of the program, all that is needed is more mods (I am not holding my breath for 3d model showing of what you have in your parts folder or anything too big).

Basic rundown on what I think of it.

The interface is good, but work needs to be done on the home page. The downloads section is good. The interface there is straightforward and it good to see a picture of what your downloading and a little discription. The already installed area needs a little bit of work, as half the people installing the mods won\'t know what any of that stuff means and will think that the mod they just installed didn\'t actually install.

I also downloaded SE using the tool. It takes about the same time as not, and is automaticly installed afterwards which doesn\'t take too long.

Summing up, apart from some improvements needed in a few areas of the program, all that is needed is more mods (I am not holding my breath for 3d model showing of what you have in your parts folder or anything too big).

Thanks for the feedback!

The homepage is a hasty made html-page and will be 'upgraded' in a later stage. The homepage doesn\'t have the highest priority although.

About the installed addons-tab, I agree with you. It isn\'t very user friendly and will need a lot of polish.

You can now add your own addons to the repository. If you register on the page below, you can add addons from the menu to the left. Every field have a little explanation in it and I don\'t think you need more help. If you do, don\'t hesitate to make a post in this thread, send me a pm or mail [email protected].

Every addon needs to be previewed by me before it will be added to the list.

The URL to the repository is http://minimalistiskdesign.nu/ksp/

Thanks for the feedback!

The homepage is a hasty made html-page and will be 'upgraded' in a later stage. The homepage doesn\'t have the highest priority although.

About the installed addons-tab, I agree with you. It isn\'t very user friendly and will need a lot of polish.

You can now add your own addons to the repository. If you register on the page below, you can add addons from the menu to the left. Every field have a little explanation in it and I don\'t think you need more help. If you do, don\'t hesitate to make a post in this thread, send me a pm or mail [email protected].

Every addon needs to be previewed by me before it will be added to the list.

The URL to the repository is http://minimalistiskdesign.nu/ksp/

If HarvesteR gives permission (he probably will, considering this is free), you should add the vanilla parts. If he adds any new parts or edits any in the paid release, it may get a bit tricky though, and you probably couldn\'t add the new paid parts. Well, unless this became official and required your account, via some check with this official website.

• 3 weeks later...

It won\'t recognize that it\'s pointing at the right folder, which makes the inability to download addons to empty folders extremely frustrating.

Basically, I can\'t use it at all.

Edit: I moved it out of the KSP folder and now it works fine. Seems silly to not allow to be in the same folder as KSP....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.