[0.23.0] Internet Relay Chat 0.6.3

blizzy78

Interesting, it doesn't work with KSPIRC 0.2.0. But, I can happily confirm that it does work with 0.3.0, although I didn't change any code relevant to the server password. I just logged in to Twitch.

That's really strange, because twitch still isn't working for me. I tried a fresh install and checked ksp.log but didn't see anything useful. Did you use an oauth token as the server password?

That's really strange, because twitch still isn't working for me. I tried a fresh install and checked ksp.log but didn't see anything useful. Did you use an oauth token as the server password?

Yes, I did, and I was able to join #ksptv just fine. But interestingly, it stopped working later on when I was resuming work on the plugin again, not having changed anything yet. I got the same completely empty IRC window that you saw. No text, no nothing.

Not sure what is going on there yet. I hope to figure it out over the weekend.

Yes, I did, and I was able to join #ksptv just fine. But interestingly, it stopped working later on when I was resuming work on the plugin again, not having changed anything yet. I got the same completely empty IRC window that you saw. No text, no nothing.

Heh, I found the problem. It is actually quite funny. You see, when connecting to an IRC server, I show the server's NOTICE commands in a new tab. Each tab has an input text fields where you can type commands, such as /JOIN #mychannel. But in the case of Twitch, they don't send any commands, hence no tabs at all. The reason why it worked for me yesterday was because I had an internal debugging tab open, so I could type commands just fine. So even when there were no tabs visible at all, it made the connection just fine.

I will make it so that there will always be a tab open when connecting :)

Well, I've been having this issue since 0.1.0. I installed 0.3.0 today thinking that it was an issue with the previous version, but nope, still not working.

I'll add a debug parameter to the config file for the next version. That way you can see what the server responds with when you're sending the JOIN command.