[0.23.5] Realism Overhaul: ROv5.2 + Modlist for RSS 6/30/14

NathanKell

shabbycow: Given how thrust limiting actually works (it doesn't limit thrust, it limits throttle), no, there isn't a way to use it unless the engine already supports throttling.

If you have the various mods' engines, you should have enough options--what "holes" are you finding that you need to use thrust limiting to fill?

I wanted to build a small launcher with HTP/Kerosene in the first stage and boosters:P Ditched that idea and used two solids boosters instead so it was fine. And i still don't have all the mods installed, i started my new install yesterday and haven't gone through all the part packs to remove everything i don't need yet. So there are definitely some engines missing.

Hey guys, I found a mod that simulates star-dimming when looking at a bright object (like the sun or kerbin) which I think is really cool, it has always bothered me how you can see the stars when in LKO and looking at kerbin's light side.

It also makes other planets visible from far FAR away, and also makes small things in orbit visible up to I think 750 KM without simulating the physics, so it isn't laggy. (Like space-stations)

Here's a link: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/69907-0-23-Distant-Object-Enhancement-v1-3-Planets-satellites-in-the-night-sky!-(3-3)

Distant Object Enhancement

Edited by Tom K.

What does this "NOTE: You MUST delete all cfg files in the root EngineIgnitor folder after you install Engine Ignitor." mean? I see no cfg files in the root EngineIgnitor directory. I do see two zipped files "Ignitor configs (extract to use)" and "Pressurize FT(extract to use)" with cfg files in them, as well as various cfg files distributed amongst the other folders.

Hey, my procedural interstage fairing isn't working. It does not expand in any ways but height. I'll try reinstalling the mod.

Only the height "stretches".

EDIT: Reinstalling did not work.

Edited by O Nerd

Hi everyone,

thanks for putting together this great mod idea. Just need a little help to install it.

I have downloaded pretty much every single link on the first page plus an extra or 2 on some of the sub pages.

After putting most stuff together I have a few files I don't know what to do with, if you know where these are supposed to go please let me know :

1)RPL_V18c_0_23Hotfix (RPL_Tweak_Pack) : This extracts and looks like I just paste into gamedata except that the folders are trying to say something!? Do the cfg files need to be copied out and into RealismOverhaul folder? Parts? Plugins? Tweaks? Not sure what to do with the majority of the files.

2)InfernalRoboticsSRC0.12 : This is a bunch of .cs files, doesn't look like a normal copy to GameData mod?

3)RT2_RO.cfg by brooklyn666. I have the cfg file, does this go into RealismOverhaul folder or the RPL_Tweak_Pack/RT2_Settings_Files(DeleteOnceMoved)? Or somewhere altogether different?

Seems to be about it, thats what I have left to merge into the realism pack that I will copy into a new KSP.

I've fixed all my other mods' hosting, but since this is SOOOO close to v4 I'm not bothering to up v3 just to replace it. Just hold tight for an hour or so...

Ninjatsu: thanks!

1. Delete that "delete once copied" folder and ignore the copy instruction; brooklyn666's antenna configs take precedence.

2. Infernal Robotics is broken in .23.5; don't install it. cs files are source files; you never need a mod's source unless you want to see how it's written, and/or change it and recompile.

3. Can stash a ModuleManager cfg anywhere in GameData; for safekeeping you might as well put it in the RO folder.

v4 -- \/

*Fix typo for RTG, Stayputnik, WAC probe core, AIES

*Add missing KW RCS

*Remove FASA config (handled by RedAV8R)

*Removed inbuilt support for RealEngines

*Changed scaling method for likely-to-be-root parts

*Add community rescales (broman [Porkworks habs], amo28 [KOSMOS Salyut], Phredward [10m heatshield, docking ports])

Note the part about Real Engines. You might want to reread the whole OP (the readme and OP have been updated).

Also note that I am getting an error (500) on updating the thread title, so...at least the text of the OP is updated.

Now, a question: in the sad absence of ECLSS fixes (asmi: hope things are ok with you and all...) I'm considering switching over "the official Life Support mod of RO" to TACLS. Thoughts?

TAC life support is fine, but the part models are... umm not as great as ECLSS

one more thing: My heat shields are still normal sized. What am i doing wrong?

So I just wanted to download the RftS engine config but Dropbox gives an 509 error. Seems too much traffic resulted in a disabling of the download. Would be nice if you could fix that. Also do you plan on updating RftS to include new ARM engines?

@SFJackBauer

If you read this; Do you plan on updating your Real Engines Pack to include the new NASA-styled Engines which came with the ARM pack?

Edited by DasBananenbrot

Now, a question: in the sad absence of ECLSS fixes (asmi: hope things are ok with you and all...) I'm considering switching over "the official Life Support mod of RO" to TACLS. Thoughts?

I would like to support a change from ECLSS to TAC. Until ECLSS is being updated again I think this switch would be best, at the moment ECLSS is acting buggy and makes my FPS sad ;.;. The only downside really is that the parts aren't as pretty, but you can use procedural/stretchy tanks for resource storage and then a cfg edit or two to use different parts for the recyclers. Didn't jrandom do some preliminary work on adapting TACLS for RSS a while back?

EDIT: yep found it http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59207-0-22-Realism-Overhaul-ROv2-Modlist-for-RSS?p=838013&viewfull=1#post838013

Edited by Scripto23

I've been having a really weird bug. In my Saturn V replica, the pod phases through the whole rocket and falls to the ground, detonating the bottom parts and the pod.

Edit: Happening with mods rockets I make, actually.

Edited by coldblade2000

I would like to support a change from ECLSS to TAC. Until ECLSS is being updated again I think this switch would be best, at the moment ECLSS is acting buggy and makes my FPS sad ;.;. The only downside really is that the parts aren't as pretty, but you can use procedural/stretchy tanks for resource storage and then a cfg edit or two to use different parts for the recyclers. Didn't jrandom do some preliminary work on adapting TACLS for RSS a while back?

EDIT: yep found it http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59207-0-22-Realism-Overhaul-ROv2-Modlist-for-RSS?p=838013&viewfull=1#post838013

I support this, at least until amsi back or hands of the work to someone else. And I believe there are alternate containers for TAC available.

IronStar: If I have a stage with many engines on it, I often disable gimbaling on most of them so that it gimbals gentler. I also definitely recommend using the capslock fine-tuned controls. Note that on mac, capslock does not seem to work, so assign it to some other key (I personally use right-shift).

- - - Updated - - -

O Nerd: if your procedural interstage fairing isn't growing beyond 8m, try downloading the previous version. The new version limits the size to 8m right now (there should be a cfg value you can override to fix this, but I haven't messed around with it yet).