[0.23.5] Realism Overhaul: ROv5.2 + Modlist for RSS 6/30/14

NathanKell

Not exactly, I meant that I can't have 2 CFG's at the same time, because the engine nodes get messed up, so I'm trying to ask if someone could make a CFG with both FASA's engines and RftS's engines.. get it this time? Also sorry, for some reason this month, I'm speaking really messed up english.

Ok I think I know what you're saying. The issue you're having is you have a FASA config and you have the RftS config, and both are modifying the same set of parts from the original FASA mod and this is causing conflicts. Is that correct? I use the RealEngines config with FASA which is why I might not be experiencing the same thing you are.

Since all of the real engines by SFJackBauer have very high gimbal ranges, how do you prevent SAS from overcompensating, therefore leaving my rockets oscillating around.

Thanks

Spica

EDIT: I may have found what I am looking for. TweakableGimbal by HoneyFox.

Edited by Spica

ANWRocketMan: NFPP solar panels are supported, I think. Someone contributed a patch. Nertea was going to work with me on making the ions realistic (I know chemical propulsion; I don't know electric very well) but got busy.

Uqabos: Change all LiquidFuel to Kerosene, and multiply all propellant resource amounts by 5.

Andrezado: Weird, because I'm using RftSEngines with FASA right now, and no conflicts. Are you sure you *only* have RftSEngines (you don't have any other engine configs), and you have the latest FASA.cfg (not the ancient Real Gemini folder) from Post 2 of this thread (it's next to the link to FASA the mod)?

What problems do you get, exactly?

Question: I put a bunch of LOX/RP1 in a service module tank (which is pressurized, I believe), but when I try to do my second burn (circularization), the engine won't ignite because the fuel flow is "Very Unstable". Any idea why this would happen with a pressurized tank? The fuel level is very low at this point (~2%), but that shouldn't make a difference with a pressurized tank I would think.

Question: I put a bunch of LOX/RP1 in a service module tank (which is pressurized, I believe), but when I try to do my second burn (circularization), the engine won't ignite because the fuel flow is "Very Unstable". Any idea why this would happen with a pressurized tank? The fuel level is very low at this point (~2%), but that shouldn't make a difference with a pressurized tank I would think.

EngineIgnitor plugin has not released the version that contains special logic for pressurized fuel tanks. Unless you grabbed the version from my GitHub and compiled by yourself.

Anyway, a new version will be released soon with mainly two new features: special logic for pressure-fed engine & pressurized fuel tank, micro-acceleration provided by cryogenic fuel boil-off & venting helps to keep fuel stable during time-warp.

EngineIgnitor plugin has not released the version that contains special logic for pressurized fuel tanks. Unless you grabbed the version from my GitHub and compiled by yourself.

Anyway, a new version will be released soon with mainly two new features: special logic for pressure-fed engine & pressurized fuel tank, micro-acceleration provided by cryogenic fuel boil-off & venting helps to keep fuel stable during time-warp.

Ahh, makes sense. So until that is released, the "Service Module" tank in StretchyTanks is essentially pointless (other than being able to store electricity)?

Ahh, makes sense. So until that is released, the "Service Module" tank in StretchyTanks is essentially pointless (other than being able to store electricity)?

Yes. and it's much heavier too. (just consider that as mass for high-pressure helium tanks, pipes, valves, etc...)

Andrezado: Weird, because I'm using RftSEngines with FASA right now, and no conflicts. Are you sure you *only* have RftSEngines (you don't have any other engine configs), and you have the latest FASA.cfg (not the ancient Real Gemini folder) from Post 2 of this thread (it's next to the link to FASA the mod)?

What problems do you get, exactly?

Engine nodes get messed up, pretty much all that happens.

Logs always exist. There are two, one right next to the KSP executable in your KSP folder and called ksp.log, and one (if running in Windows) in the KSP_Data folder inside your KSP folder and called output_log.txt. Normally one needs the latter, but in this case the former will suffice.

Logs always exist. There are two, one right next to the KSP executable in your KSP folder and called ksp.log, and one (if running in Windows) in the KSP_Data folder inside your KSP folder and called output_log.txt. Normally one needs the latter, but in this case the former will suffice.

Well, it's a HUUGE file, probably because I played for quite a while yesterday, and I can't paste it in pastebin or any other paste sites because it's too big..

ANWRocketMan: NFPP solar panels are supported, I think. Someone contributed a patch. Nertea was going to work with me on making the ions realistic (I know chemical propulsion; I don't know electric very well) but got busy.

Anyone know where this patch is? I'd like to us the NFPP's support parts like solar panels, fission generators, batteries, etc.