Kracken Attack!

Tex

I had a small... well, HUGE anomaly occur just few minutes ago! :confused:

Here's the background: I had three Stayputnik-style probes in orbit around both Kerbin and Minmus. One of them was a lander, and It's still alive. The first one I deployed is still alive at 2 million km. But the middle one, the second probe... has utterly vanished. There is no record that it existed at all. The debris from it was cleaned up for the third launch, and the probe itself no longer exists!

It started when I took a routine look at the Tracking Station. Everything seemed fine, but it said one of the probes was on a Sub-orbital Trajectory towards Minmus. What? I took control and things went completely out of control. The NavBall was completely black, and the altimeter was going absolutely haywire. No sense at all was made that day. Then, to top it off, you couldn't see the probe itself. THEN I looked at the Map view, and the universe was gone.

Then I quit the game, went back in... and even the Space Center was gone! It was only after I restarted the game that everything was back to normal... Minus one space probe. :sealed:

This is my biggest Kracken experience, what's yours?

I had a semi-kraken experience. It was partially my fault, and partially the game's.

I spent several hours building a sweet space station. Halfway through, I decided to throw some engines on it and make it a travelling space station. Then I decided that it needed probes to launch at planets and moons that it visits. So I made a section with several clampotron jr's, and then sent up some probes to attach to them. When I had made contact while docking the second probe, it began swinging wildly around, jerking the station/ship around dangerously. I decided that hitting warp was the best way to stabilize things.

I was wrong.

As it turns out, the probe had yet to actually attach, and went cruising into my station. I took it out of warp in a panic, right as it passed into my HAB module. Destruction followed. Lots of it. My 200+ part station/ship turned into about 50 4-part pieces of debris. I hadn't quicksaved in quite a while, so there was no going back. I ragequit so hard that I deleted the save file.

Dug up this post from yesterday, when the Terra Nova, the first Kerbal starship, returned from her 3-year expedition in interstellar space.

My first interstellar expedition reached 15% light speed, spent three years exploring interstellar space. During that three years, some unexpected events occured at Kerbin.

9NKcfXU.png

Jeb: Oh no, not again. Time to bring in galaxy sized rolls of duct tape.

Oh yes, and the sun gave birth to Kerbol Jr. Cute, isn't it?

F65XOGt.png

awwwwww.........

Do you know why interstellar travel is a subject that Squad refuses to talk about? I think I've just figured out.

And yes, Kerbin, Eve, and Duna orbited in a straight line.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.