[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

It's more of a "don't come crying if things break". Actually, due to the way the pad docks to the spawned vessel, nested builds might actually be safe. It might even be safe to release them in any order (so again, don't come crying).

That said, while trying to reliably reproduce the explosion issue (I got it only once, and then on modified code that shouldn't have had trouble), I wound up breaking the joint between my pad and the new vessel. Various things happened, including me noticing that this particular issue might not be as big a job as I had initially thought.

Seawolf: Can you get me some screenshots of your situation? I got a grand total of one explosion, and that was why trying what I thought was an obvious fix. I did, however, fix 5thHorseman's issue in the process :) (but not mine, that one is complicated).

I can see this becoming even more useful once the economy is implemented. Invest in your own production infrastructure and produce ships without having to spend credits, making even Kerbin bases very useful. Awesome mode gets even more awesome :D

I just tested launchpad2, orbital dock, and my launchpad on the ksc launchpad. After building an ion powered probe on all 3, the craft exploded on spawn. Same as Seawolf's video.

Interesting, when I last tested, crafts built on the orbital dock didn't explode. After seeing your post I tried it again with orbital dock, and the craft did explode. Maybe I was just lucky last time.

I've been testing with BahamutoD's pad: no explosions, though I did get a stuck vessel.

BahamutoD: does that slightly raised section not have a collider? If it doesn't, then the model looks to be fine, but if it does, a small SpawnHeightOffset might be necessary. Also, CrewCapaicty 0 would be a good idea: there's no room for the kerbal in there. Poor sod must be feeling rather cramped.

I have been noticing some issues (getting a lot of orbital NaNs), so I think I'm still doing something wrong.

I was wondering if its possible to turn off the need for rocket parts or fuel, I seem to remember this mod having a debug mod. This was great for mucking around in sandbox, so I was wondering if it still possible to activate it (I remember adding a line the the part.cfg)?

Those mining bases are awesome, my goal is to eventually have a sustainable base on minus and then launch a massive ship from there and colonize Jool's moons in one trip. Wanted to do some 'simulated testing' first though. Thanks.

Hi

I have station with orbital construction dock on it and anough rocket parts to build ship that i want. I picked it up, pressed the "start", the progress bar appeared and nothing else happens. Did I do something wrong?

screenshot22.pngscreenshot24.png

Sorry if I am missing something really stupid, but I cannot get the orbital mass detector to work. I see no options when I right click on it, even in orbit, or in action groups in the VAB. I don't see any ore deposits displayed anywhere. Relatedly, the detector deploys immediately on the launch pad, and there is no option to undeploy / retract / deactivate.

I do NOT have Kethane installed - which I understand used to be required, but no longer is? But maybe that's the source of the problem? I am also using some other mods, most notably KSPI, TAC life support, and orbital construction re-redux.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by zephrylia
typo and added info

Hi

I have station with orbital construction dock on it and anough rocket parts to build ship that i want. I picked it up, pressed the "start", the progress bar appeared and nothing else happens. Did I do something wrong?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-MSAAFCrGzD4/UySbwSLGz7I/AAAAAAAAA_E/xa5m5oiXIo8/w1538-h865-no/screenshot22.pnghttps://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-q0tQhlDRmlU/UySbwXC5tAI/AAAAAAAAA_A/9fQCkSiJ60A/w1538-h865-no/screenshot24.png

From the lower left, I deduce you have no Kerbals on your base. From what I know (I haven't used the new build yet), no Kerbals, no construction.

And don't bring up stupid ones. They can hurt production.

Sorry if I am missing something really stupid, but I cannot get the orbital mass detector to work. I see no options when I right click on it, even in orbit, or in action groups in the VAB. I don't see any ore deposits displayed anywhere. Relatedly, the detector deploys immediately on the launch pad, and there is no option to undeploy / retract / deactivate.

I do NOT have Kethane installed - which I understand used to be required, but no longer is? But maybe that's the source of the problem? I am also using some other mods, most notably KSPI, TAC life support, and orbital construction re-redux.

Thanks for any help!

The resource mining and scanning aspect of this mod requires kethane to work. I think this is because it uses kethane's code or something.

You can still ship up rocket parts and build ships, but to mine you need kethane installed.

The resource mining and scanning aspect of this mod requires kethane to work. I think this is because it uses kethane's code or something.

You can still ship up rocket parts and build ships, but to mine you need kethane installed.

Aha - thank you!

No, looks like it`s not the point.

Try right clicking on the launchpad (or any other command pod) and checking productivity. If it's negative, your kerbals are too stupid. If it's zero or doesn't exist, we have another problem.

Thank both of you

Looks like 5th Horseman was right - when i put some smart enough kerbals it suddenly started working.

Nevertheless i still have some trouble with another launchpads but i will try different options to see how it works.

For example: i hired two well-talented kerbals and put them to this launchpad. Then i flew away from the KSC, landed it and the same thing happend again.

screenshot26.png

Quick question, is there any way to change whether the mod take time to build and use rocketparts after you start a game??? I think I choose the wrong options at startup and let's just say I've got 20000 rocket parts that aren't being used in construction......

(I can live with instant build, but not consuming rocket parts is sorta a deal breaker. And I spent so much time building this station........)

Quick question, is there any way to change whether the mod take time to build and use rocketparts after you start a game??? I think I choose the wrong options at startup and let's just say I've got 20000 rocket parts that aren't being used in construction......

(I can live with instant build, but not consuming rocket parts is sorta a deal breaker. And I spent so much time building this station........)

Do you have Kethane installed?

Yeah I am having the same issue with it not using the parts to build. Makes having the mining and production kinda useless, when it doesn't use up the supllies.

Do you have Kethane installed?

I have Kethane installed on my game and I am having this issue as well. I have the newest version of is. So I have Kethane, Water and Ore showing on my maps. Managed to set my base down in a spot with all 3 resources.

Found bug with resycler. It calculates amount of metal from total mass, not dry mass of part. Thus when i recycle fuel tank, i get back fuel, oxidizer and more metal than from empty tank.

Benefit of progressive builds is that you avoid things like this.

xAyooSi.png

Yes it was still to small.