[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Well, I'll keep my eyes open on my end, but I've just made things a lot harder for myself for testing: only engineers (or more accurately, kerbals with construction skill) can build anything (unless supervised by a 5-star engineer, of which I have none), 0-star require a fully equipped workshop (none built: too expensive (keeping my money for upgrades))...

Poor Jeb now just sits there twiddling his thumbs and tweaking the station's orientation while the 1-star engineers do their thing.

In other words, I'm working on using the new traits system in EL :)

All engineers will have it. Doing ExperienceEffects (skill) per-kerbal may be possible, but that's beyond the scope of EL :) I just slapped construction onto the engineer trait such that all engineers get it: I felt it better to check for the effect rather than specifically "engineer".

Well, I'll keep my eyes open on my end, but I've just made things a lot harder for myself for testing: only engineers (or more accurately, kerbals with construction skill) can build anything (unless supervised by a 5-star engineer, of which I have none), 0-star require a fully equipped workshop (none built: too expensive (keeping my money for upgrades))...

Poor Jeb now just sits there twiddling his thumbs and tweaking the station's orientation while the 1-star engineers do their thing.

In other words, I'm working on using the new traits system in EL :)

Nice! I like this idea :D

Now if only i could find something useful for scientists to do (on sandbox mod that is :P)

Hey all,

I'm having an issue where I build a vessel and switch away from it, but when I switch back it is missing parts. Has anybody seen that before? I am wondering if it is because of the base where it is built has a lot of parts and I get a lot of lag. Currently though it is in orbit of the mun, and I am having the issue. Here are my KSP and Output_log files if that helps.

I am seeing a bunch of entries in the log like this:

[WRN 11:15:15.402] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.406] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.407] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.408] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.408] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.409] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.410] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.411] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.411] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.412] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.413] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.414] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.414] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.415] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.416] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.417] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.418] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.418] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.419] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.420] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.421] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.421] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.422] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.423] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.424] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.424] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.425] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[WRN 11:15:15.426] [PartJoint]: None of the provided nodes was valid!

[LOG 11:15:15.701] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Munbus2

[LOG 11:15:16.454] Reference Frame: Inertial

[LOG 11:15:16.694] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFF71C38][251.72]: Rebuilding resource lists.

[EXC 11:15:18.078] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

DistantObject.VesselDraw.DrawVessel (.Vessel shipToDraw)

DistantObject.VesselDraw.VesselCheck (.Vessel shipToCheck)

DistantObject.VesselDraw.Update ()

[LOG 11:15:18.519] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part probeStackSmall within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.520] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part advSasModule within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.521] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part advSasModule within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.523] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part stackDecoupler within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.524] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part largeAdapter2 within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.525] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part Size3SmallTank within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.526] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part radialLiquidEngine1-2 within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.527] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part radialLiquidEngine1-2 within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.528] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part radialLiquidEngine1-2 within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.529] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part radialLiquidEngine1-2 within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.530] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part landingLeg1-2 within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.531] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part landingLeg1-2 within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.532] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part landingLeg1-2 within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.533] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part landingLeg1-2 within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.534] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part landingLeg1-2 within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.535] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part landingLeg1-2 within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.537] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part landingLeg1-2 within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.538] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part landingLeg1-2 within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.539] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part rcsTankRadialLong within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.540] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part rcsTankRadialLong within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.541] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part rcsTankRadialLong within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.542] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part rcsTankRadialLong within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.543] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part RCSBlock within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.544] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part RCSBlock within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.545] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part RCSBlock within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.546] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part RCSBlock within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.547] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part mk2CrewCabin within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.548] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part parachuteLarge within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.549] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part RCSBlock within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.551] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part mk2CrewCabin within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.552] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part parachuteLarge within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.553] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part RCSBlock within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.554] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part mk2CrewCabin within rendering distance of active vessel!

[LOG 11:15:18.555] DistObj ERROR: Tried to draw part parachuteLarge within rendering distance of active vessel!

The version of EL I'm using is 4.4.0 since I'm still on 0.25. Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks for the help. :)

Edited by Angel-125

Going to need the output.log that is in the ksp_data folder, but I have to admit that is an interesting problem you have there. Also, what other mods do you have installed?

Output log should be bundled with the ksp log I zipped up. :) if not I will post it once I get home. Other mods... I will also have to find the complete list when I get home, but they include DRE, MKS/OKS, Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System, CactEye telescope, DeepFreeze, MechJeb, Kerbal Engineer, TeakScale, TAC-LS, Texture Replacer, Environment Visual Enhancements. All are latest for .25. KSP complains that the part nodes are invalid for some reason.

interesting. I will try removing Tweakscale and see what happens..

OK, so it seems like, no matter what I do, I can't get the stakes to work. I have a survey station packed to the gills with Kerbals, I have a workshop, and I have tons and tons of rocket parts. But, no matter how many stakes I plant, the EPL window only ever shows "pad-0" (on a ship WITHOUT ANY LAUNCH PADS AT ALL), which translates to "spawn next to the ship in a random orientation, likely sticking out of the ground, and promptly explode as a consequence". Am I doing something wrong, or am I just plain screwed? I've tried this on two installs, both 32-bit 0.90: one modded to the hilt, and one with only EPL and KAS (same effect).

Edited by NGTOne

May want to clarify the first statement in OP. It is not the 64 bit Windows that's the unstable mess, it's the KSP 64-bit Windows client. You'd be surprised how many people may misunderstand the opening statement and skip the mod.

NGTOne: "pad-0" is correct (it's your survey station). EL's GUI is not very smart yet.

When does the ship spawn in random orientations? When you select the ship, or when you build it?

When it gets built. I click "finalize", and the ship pops up next to my EPL craft half out of the ground (and ignores the stakes altogether).

HELP SOMEBODY!

Say how install and launch this mod in 0.90

I use 32 bit KSP, but no any parts from this mod in game!

Other mods works fine, only EL not working.

Writing it bigger isn't going to help. More details might. For example, what other mods are you running? Perhaps a screenshot of your gamedata directory. Until we know more information there is little anyone can do to help. You either installed it wrong, or have a mod that hid the parts (MKS comes to mind).

I was curious if the Ore in the Community Recourse Pack was compatible with this. I am trying to avoid adding another mod with all its resources.

It is, the ore in the CRP is based off of EPL numbers (density etc) The same ore you would use for this is used though MKS. Though remember you'll need some sort of resource gathering mod to use Ore/metal to make rocketparts.

But i assume since your asking about CRP, that you use Roverdudes mods. MKS has its own production chain for rocket parts, and parts to build rockets with. It will hide the stock EPL parts.

Jdav232: If the resource is named "Ore" then yes. If the density is near 0.0275 and the cost is near 3.52, then it pretty much is the same resource. Really, all that EL cares about (at this stage) is RocketParts (consume) and ScrapMetal (generate).

NGTOne: Weird, though I must admit to not having had time to test survey builds in 0.90 (only pad (orbit) builds), but other than determination of where to build, both methods use the same code.

I guess there's an exception somewhere. You'll have to get me your logs.

MKS has its own production chain for rocket parts, and parts to build rockets with. It will hide the stock EPL parts.

Hi, I have the same problem, but with MKS and your Mod I can do everything with EPL, but there aren't any "RecycleBin"

;.;

Hi, I have the same problem, but with MKS and your Mod I can do everything with EPL, but there aren't any "RecycleBin"

;.;

Roverdude has said he is working on that part. If you go into the Kolonization directory, you will find EL_Config.cfg, and you can remove the following lines to re-enable those parts. No guarantees made that they will work, I havent tried it myself.

@PART[ELRecycleBin]:FOR[Launchpad]
{
TechRequired = unresearchable
category = -1
}
@PART[ELRecycleBin_Large]:FOR[Launchpad]
{
TechRequired = unresearchable
category = -1
}