[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

I have released version 5.2.92 of EL. Things seem to be working nicely (I have used the orbital dock and recycling bins in actual play), but I'll leave the [exp] tag on until I get actual recipes implemented (ie, not just the infrastructure).

I have removed the link to 5.2.2 (the file is still there, just edit the url) as I am uncertain whether it will work in 1.0.5 and I don't feel like maintaining it.

Changes from 5.2.91:

• Converters (smelters, metal->parts) and extractors (augers) can be operated from EVA. There is an EVARange field to control how close the kerbal needs to be to the part's center to operate it. The workshop's converter does not have this field set and so is not operable from EVA as the default range of 1.5m does not allow a kerbal to get close enough.
  • The stock Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3 crew cans now act as workshops (though not very good ones). This means all stock crewed parts (except the external command seat) are workshops.
  • Remove a stray tga file (launchpad2/pad.tga). KSP 1.0.5 did not like it.
  • Other KSP 1.0.5 related fixes (very minor, possibly harmless, but they prevented compilation).

Well, I cant get it to work.

In the VAB the panel with the parts const and kerbal hours to build a craft is missing, and when I open the contextual menu of the launchpad on flight it says "hide GUI" (should say "show GUI"), but still the button doesnt do anything and I cant build.

I tried reinstalling in a fresh install of KSP (1.0.5), without any other mods, and the problem persists.

Sooo I have been wanting this mod for ages and one question remains. How does the resource production for this mod work? Or more precisely, does it use the same resources as USI's MKS/OKS? Or would having both be completely reduntant?

MKS/OKS uses a more complex resource chain, and also has replacements for all parts other than the survey stake and mallet, so you can save a bit of RAM by dropping the EL models.

MKS-Lite and OSE Workshop also use an alternative resource chain, but one that's a lot simpler.

General process is to install both, and trim the excess EL parts.

MKS/OKS uses a more complex resource chain, and also has replacements for all parts other than the survey stake and mallet, so you can save a bit of RAM by dropping the EL models.

MKS-Lite and OSE Workshop also use an alternative resource chain, but one that's a lot simpler.

General process is to install both, and trim the excess EL parts.

Nice, thanks a lot.

This is my GameData folder:

image.png

And these are the contents of ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads:

image.png

I think its properly installed, I can see the parts the mod includes, however the UI doesnt work. I also tried using toolbar, the EPL icons appeared in there, but they didnt do anything.

Thanks.

how do you prune the EL parts while retaining the mods functionality? can i just delete the parts i wanna prune in the "parts" folder within the EL folder or will that break something? i wanna keep the big rocketparts hexcans but lose some of the parts i use roverdudes OKS stuff for like the little blue circle docking pad for building ships in orbit. i feel that the OKS version with the robotic arms on it feels more realistic

Edited by Jagzeplin

Is it supposed to not count scientists and pilot's "productivity" toward the entire vessel? I have a productivity of 7.9 or so with an engineer in it, (zero of course with no engineer), but whenever i pull out the pilots and scientists, the productivity remains the same. the same as if a scientist or pilot is in there with the engineer. I thought it was supposed to give something and drop something based on the stupidity level of all kerbals regardless of class?

GokouZWAR: you need a 5-star engineer in the part for scientists and pilots to contribute positively to productivity. However sufficiently stupid kerbals of any class will pull down the productivity. That said, if the stupid kerbals have sufficient experience (three or more stars), they will not pull down productivity.

klefenz: Oh, drat, I am very sorry about that. More importantly, thank you!

I've released version 5.2.93 of EL.

Changes from 5.2.92:

• Include KSPAPIExtensions.dll (thank you klefenz!),
  • Remove an obsolete KIS module.

* taniwha dons a brown paper bag

Hello. Thank you for the awesome mod and job maintaining it. I have issue - I can't build some things. When I tried to build sub-assambley RecycleBin (I did have RP needed) on Minmus - it shows it needs 20 RP, but right after process stops, 0%, 0s, and Alarm Clock says it's finished.

Tried same with making fresh new "vessel" consisting only out of Launch Pad 2 and 4k RP on Kerbin, and creating a KIS-compatible container with same 1 Recycle Bin in it - same resulst.

But when I tried to create most simple vessel (pod, tank, engine) using only vanilla items - it had no issues at all.

Ready to give you any info needed.

I'm having some issues with the Mallet/Survey Stakes. First, I tried equipping the mallet and dropping the stakes, but I couldn't attach them to the ground (pressing [x] when I had the mallet equipped). Then I equipped both the mallet and the stakes, and I can't figure out how to actually use them. So, what am I supposed to do/what am I doing wrong?

I'm having some issues with the Mallet/Survey Stakes. First, I tried equipping the mallet and dropping the stakes, but I couldn't attach them to the ground (pressing [x] when I had the mallet equipped). Then I equipped both the mallet and the stakes, and I can't figure out how to actually use them. So, what am I supposed to do/what am I doing wrong?

I have a similar problem. The survey spikes haven't been able to attach to the ground and they slowly fall over and eventually blow up because of it. Is there some special method needed to make these permanently attached?

Second problem, i was mining metalOre from the ground using the tiny auger and i kept mining ores, i received a message that said something to the effect of 100% depleated or something...i thought at first it was a stock ore thing (i was mining a lot of different items) but now all of a sudden i have "N/A" whenever i use the tiny auger. Is the AUGER broken, or do i need to relocate to find more metalore? I am not use kethane mod, just Karbonite.

Is there a way to use recyclers in space without mulching my kerbals? I quicksaved in case they coded it that way, and it totally ate Jeb. My goal is to push old parts into a recycler using KIS/KAS but without attaching the a set of probe/rcs parts.

Is there a way to use recyclers in space without mulching my kerbals? I quicksaved in case they coded it that way, and it totally ate Jeb. My goal is to push old parts into a recycler using KIS/KAS but without attaching the a set of probe/rcs parts.

Don't have them in the vehicle you're recycling. I use automated controllers to move ships into the recycler, or I position the ship in front of the recycler, then EVA the kerbal out of it and then turn on the recycler when they're clear.

Try this tutorial: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59545?p=1692681&viewfull=1#post1692681