[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Thx for the idea DStaal, went through all station items - max value of some pieces was around 350, but not more, most at 230. Too bad, but it was a good idea.

Some struts had a temperature of -1 . Mhhh, could try this with the smelter - if something else explodes I may have an idea or ... am back at square 1.

Joe

Did not help too. It's still the smelter. I could open the properties window and see the temperature rising, the color was yellow and the nturned into red. Temperature value was at around 15-16000 ... as far as I could see, as it goes really fast.

Guess it must be a nuclear kraken hidden in the smelter or something similar ;-)

Joe

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2018 at 11:32 PM, taniwha said:

Actually, I am tempted to do a simplified version that can be selected via the difficulty settings. Possibly direct Ore (yes, stock Ore) to parts*, and easier productivity**. Also considering much more complicated settings.

* Just a matter of adjusting the recipes to require/produce Ore instead of RocketParts/ScrapMetal.

** Maybe constant productivity for construction kerbals (and maybe even all). Just some tweaks to the productivity code in the workshop part module.

The "hard" part will actually be the difficulty settings and choosing which set of recipes.

Unfortunately, right now I'm rather busy so don't have the time to work on it (hopefully have some time this weekend to catch up to 1.4.5, though). However, should someone step up and produce a PR, I would happily consider it (depends on quality, really), thus the hints on how it can be done. And in case someone does step up: the build system uses make (possibly GNU make specific), git, and some shell scripts (bash). Probably easiest to work in Linux, but there are suitable tools for Windows (msys, cygwin, etc).

I personally don't mind the complexity, it makes it a challenge... but the cpu does not like the number of refinery stacks I have to build. *chortle*

16 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

I think it happened again.

Sadly, no. This time it was a typhoon (#21) knocking out the power for 3 days. I haven't fixed the domain yet (just getting back online), but I will shortly. Posting first just to let people know what's up.

On 9/6/2018 at 5:10 PM, Nicky21 said:

Can you please include in the next update a variable that can tweak the global construction speed of your mod ?

Pretty please ?

19 hours ago, Spacetourist said:

Same as Nicky21, an option to disable build time would be fine.
(I already do it by modifying the .cfg files, but it would be cleaner if it could be done in game)

Thank you in advance.

You can make a MM config to make Extraplanetary Launchpads essentially instant for anything but the most ridiculous builds.  Copy this into Notepad and save as "el-faster.cfg" in your GameData directory:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ExWorkshop]]:FINAL
{
  @MODULE[ExWorkshop]
  {
    @ProductivityFactor = 99999999
  }
}

5 hours ago, hab136 said:

You can make a MM config to make Extraplanetary Launchpads essentially instant for anything but the most ridiculous builds.  Copy this into Notepad and save as "el-faster.cfg" in your GameData directory:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ExWorkshop]]:FINAL
{
  @MODULE[ExWorkshop]
  {
    @ProductivityFactor = 99999999
  }
}

Slower. I want to take a few years to build a space station in orbit, not a few days. And that runs into some problems, as if you set the productivity below 0.5 or something (can't recall that now)  it essentially becomes 0. 

4 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

Slower. I want to take a few years to build a space station in orbit, not a few days. And that runs into some problems, as if you set the productivity below 0.5 or something (can't recall that now)  it essentially becomes 0. 

Not quite: what happens is that inexperienced (0-star) engineers can't be productive in the workshop.

However, I very much intend on making the kerbal-hours cost of production tunable.

I forgot to mention: you can avoid that problem by setting FullyEquipped = true. (ProductivityFactor >= 1 implies FullyEquipped = true).

The new disposable pads are great, but I have an issue where trying to build anything that has a Clampotron Sr causes the new 'ship' to spawn some ways away from the source vessel, rotated 90 degrees. The build also never finalizes (The pad doesn't explode), and the 'spawned' part is neither part of the original ship, nor an independent vessel - in fact, its position will lock to any EVA-ing kerbals and move around as the kerbal does, attached with an invisible strut. Finally, tearing down the build causes the universe to implode. :)

Not a big deal, really - I just add any necessary docking ports after-the-fact with KIS - however, it took a little while for me to narrow this down to the inclusion of clampotron sr. so I'm just reporting this here in case someone else runs into the same issue.

I would just like a launchpad or orbital dock of any kind that doesn't kraken the hell out of your base/station. Building even a small rover at my Duna base on a disposable Pathfinder launchpad takes my whole base including two 60t landers and 11 buildings and tosses it 20 feet in the air BOTH on finalizing the build and releasing it. The orbital dock is better overall, it only krakens on very large builds, but those large builds are pretty much required in some cases for difficult bodies like Moho, Eve, and Tylo, at least if you want to land.

So UmbraSpaceIndustries was able to change the required resource for building rockets from RocketParts to SpecializedParts and MaterialKits, by using patch manager to modify EL_DefaultStructureRecipe. I figure I could do the same and change it to whatever resource I want. But is there a built-in way to edit the resource requirements for specific parts, like if I wanted to make solar panels require silicon or something like that? I tried combing through the source code but I basically had no idea what was going on.

1 hour ago, fenderzilla said:

So UmbraSpaceIndustries was able to change the required resource for building rockets from RocketParts to SpecializedParts and MaterialKits, by using patch manager to modify EL_DefaultStructureRecipe. I figure I could do the same and change it to whatever resource I want. But is there a built-in way to edit the resource requirements for specific parts, like if I wanted to make solar panels require silicon or something like that? I tried combing through the source code but I basically had no idea what was going on.

Yes there is: Check the manual linked from the first post, it goes in to it fairly well.  EL_ModuleRecipe is what you want to be looking at.

I'd avoid getting arbitrarily complex however, as all it really means is that your building base needs lots of containers.

I recommend checking EL_Recipe as lets you specify the recipe for the part itself (it is the one recipe node that goes into a part config) and also lets you specify the ratios of the module recipes. But still, yes, the recipe section of the manual should have you covered. If not, please do ask questions.

Used this mod back in the day and returned to it for a new playthrough. I am having alot of trouble with the github source .zips. The new ones all seem to be missing an entire folder, namely Plugins. Older versions I have found work with the proper Plugin folder, but they have compatibility issues with updated game. Any idea where I can get the plugins folder for v6.1?

<<Never mind, the link provided for the other site did the trick.>>

Edited by selrik
being dumb ;)

1 hour ago, Apaseall said:

Any chance you might be able to squeeze out an update that will stop the 'this mod is incompatible' nag on booting up ksp? It might be just a case of compile against 1.4.5 and change the version file info? If it is a quickie then that would be nice, if not, no worries.

There is a note about it about a page or two back. 

Actually, I use 1.45 , b ut mine Doesn't crash but i may have found the issue so a recompile for 1.45 might be necessary in order and in fact I'll be posting a picture upp (Actually this is the same error that I had back when 1.442/1.43 came out and it deals with the Launchpad). 

But let me get this picture and I'll put it up on Imgur, so the dev can see hat i am talking about. 

SpaceCoyote