[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

16 hours ago, DasSkelett said:

No you aren't. You are very much insulting the author with your word choice.

And even that aside...

This is absolutely useless. The mod author can't extract anything actionable from this – what is "better"? You should propose specific items instead: give part X (red, green, blue) stripes because..., add detail Y to part Z because..., move button B below button C in window to make it...

Explain what exactly you don't like and why you don't like it, and how you would do it instead and why you would do it like that. Do not just tell someone their work is ugly. It's not nice.

I said that i really like the mod and that i respect a lot od work that was put into it by the author. My word choice... English is not my first language, and my english is not completely fluent and i sometimes can't find better words. I do not want to attack or offend anyone, especially the author od this wodnerful mod. For the parts... As i said yesterday, i just discovered keridian dynamics, and it pretty much covers all of my needs. Have a nice day.

Edited by Szymex99

8 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

@Axelord FTWI would also suggest Foundations (here) - even though it still is in beta - it works like magic.

I've come across this before. I don't know why exactly, but I think the perma-launchclamps is better. If I come across a case where I need something in and of itself to be secured I'll might give it a whirl.

Edited by Axelord FTW

On 11/25/2021 at 7:58 AM, Szymex99 said:

Hello, i REALLY nedded some colony improvements and i stubled upon this famous mod. Mechanics are super cool, but my god, the textures are ugly and sticking out of the rest. Especially if you are using some kind of textur mod like Restock. Can you please make the mod looking just a little bit better? And maybe integrate them with station parts expansion redux? Because there is a lot of part that could work as workshop. 

Perhaps, you mean that you are really impressed by this mod, and would like some improvements in texture because they are kinda out-of-date. However, you could use words like "bland/plain/not stock-alike" instead of "ugly/sticking out/my god(in terms of describing negative things)". That would sound more sincere and polite. (but if u really are mocking this mod, then i have no words)

On 12/2/2021 at 6:19 AM, RandomKerbal said:

Perhaps, you mean that you are really impressed by this mod, and would like some improvements in texture because they are kinda out-of-date. However, you could use words like "bland/plain/not stock-alike" instead of "ugly/sticking out/my god(in terms of describing negative things)". That would sound more sincere and polite. (but if u really are mocking this mod, then i have no words)

I know, my bad, sorry for that. I just corrected my post. Forget about what i said ok?

Edited by Szymex99

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, awesome mod. I've been using it for years. Thank you.

I have an issue where my build window has "walked off the screen". What I mean by "walked off" is that last few times I used the UI I noticed that window would move up every time I would switch to my construction station and open the EL UI. Last time I saw the window it was only lower half of it, and I tried to drag it to the middle of screen, but nothing I did would grab it. So I just let it go, betting that the next time I switch to the station and try to open the UI it will be gone, and I was right.

I did find a fix in this forum topic, what looks like for old UI, since there is no longer "rect" attribute with 4 values, but there is "position" and it only has 2 values instead of 4. Still I tried to zero out position in the MainWindow node (it was -137.293961,1822.5592. ) I only did MainWindow, since the ShipInfo one was already 0,0. Unfortunately this did not return the window. So I re-saved the game under another save file and looked at the "position" values and they were back to the original: -137.293961,1822.5592. What gives? Is the window location no longer is saved in the save file? How do I get the EL window back? Please help.

Also my window that shows up in VAB/SPH comes up just fine. Another thing to note is that the mod worked just fine in the last few months, but not sure if that is related, I updated to KSP 1.12.3 and some mods few days ago.

P.S. Not sure if the @zer0Kerbal experiencing same issue. His post is quite vague with:

On 12/2/2021 at 1:43 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

It worked before.. now the window fix doesn't.

I figured out how to get the main window back. What I think is happening is that the game stores the window location values in memory once they are loaded and ignores value changes from save files. So I think for the changes in the save file to take effect user at least has to be in the Main Menu of the KSP (i.e. no saved game loaded), I actually existed the game completely,  then changes have to be made to persistent.sfs file and not any other save file. After that load the game and EL main window will use the saved values.

Two notes:

1. If I'm right on the behavior I described I would say that ignoring the position values from the save file is a bug and I will file it if @taniwha agrees.

2. The original issue of "window walking off" is most likely is still an issue and If I see it again I will comeback here. Also during troubleshooting this issue I did see the position coordinates change, while there is no way I could have changed them, since the window was invisible. The coordinates changed from the value in my original post of  -137.293961,1822.5592 to  -152.548859,2025.06592.

Trying out this mod again, it looks like it works well, however can not find neither the mallet nor the survey station.  
I use the Kerbal Planetary Base Systems who support extra planetary launchpad and adds parts for it so I wonder if it messes it up? 
Manefacutring and the pads works nice.

1 hour ago, magnemoe said:

Trying out this mod again, it looks like it works well, however can not find neither the mallet nor the survey station.  
I use the Kerbal Planetary Base Systems who support extra planetary launchpad and adds parts for it so I wonder if it messes it up? 
Manefacutring and the pads works nice.

KIS/KAS installed?

On 12/29/2021 at 4:56 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

KIS/KAS installed?

Installed KIS and now the I got the mallet and the survey station who I now has to test out.
It might be easier to use the huge pad for most uses but remember the surveys was very nice to have, granted build a lot of stuff with disposable landing legs and basicaly moving KSC to Minmus is a bit cheap. 

Kerbal-habitable planet and also habitable moon (with some large junk of unknown kerbalstyle spacecrafts).

Sorry, they are just in "beyond home".

I'm so sorry, I wrote it wrong page.

Edited by Yark-aki

On 1/11/2022 at 8:32 AM, Yark-aki said:

I heard that Kethana is run-outable resource. Will Metal Ore be run out too? Or Metal Ore never run out (like stock ore)?

Kerthane at least was an resource you could run out of back then I used it before we got in game resoures, now it would be hard to run out of Kerthane  on say the Mun but you would need an movable miner as the fields would run dry like oil fields. But Kerthane used an different system and the in stock resources will not run out
Who makes some sense then you consider the scales, even if you  build huge fleets in KSP its still small scale compared to the oil in oilfields as an example. 

What is a good strategy for a minimal ELP boot up on a planet/moon using just the Launch Pad 2?  I'm thinking either send it with a medium auger or build one right way, then a minimal LFO ISRU setup for power and smelting, then what?  I'm guessing that the point of the LP 2 is that it is the bare minimum one can boot a base from, but some help with the sequence and strategy would be appreciated.  I can see that fully experienced engineers manning it would be a good thing, and maybe even required given the small amount of parts and fuel that are in the LP 2

On 1/20/2022 at 9:42 AM, magnemoe said:

Kerthane at least was an resource you could run out of back then I used it before we got in game resoures, now it would be hard to run out of Kerthane  on say the Mun but you would need an movable miner as the fields would run dry like oil fields. But Kerthane used an different system and the in stock resources will not run out
Who makes some sense then you consider the scales, even if you  build huge fleets in KSP its still small scale compared to the oil in oilfields as an example. 

Just for completeness, in case the OP wondered, ore can be run out of when mining asteroids, or course.  Now I'm wondering if metal ore can be drilled for on asteroids and if it is infinite on asteroids

11 hours ago, darthgently said:

What is a good strategy for a minimal ELP boot up on a planet/moon using just the Launch Pad 2?  I'm thinking either send it with a medium auger or build one right way, then a minimal LFO ISRU setup for power and smelting, then what?  I'm guessing that the point of the LP 2 is that it is the bare minimum one can boot a base from, but some help with the sequence and strategy would be appreciated.  I can see that fully experienced engineers manning it would be a good thing, and maybe even required given the small amount of parts and fuel that are in the LP 2

Just for completeness, in case the OP wondered, ore can be run out of when mining asteroids, or course.  Now I'm wondering if metal ore can be drilled for on asteroids and if it is infinite on asteroids

You can use the orbital pad on ground downside is that its pretty small, the survey station also works well but require KIS who else is a bit redundant now to place the stake, I only used the root stake.  KAS is very useful for large bases anyway. 

I use K&K planetary bases who has an 3 man workshop who is an nice compromise between the huge blue workshop and the tiny or add hook ones it also has drills and an furnace in it style. 
Not used launch pad 2 but it looks like you can easy land and deploy it but you will need another structure with metal ore drill, smelter and preferably an workshop, has used both the orbital one and the large landing pad. 
Well here is my Minmus base with the damaged Minmus express taking off to be disposed of in an seismological experiment :) 
eoW6mYqh.png
In the background you see both the blue workshop and two of the K&K ones and two K&K furnaces. 

Now my Minmus base can build an 100 ton ship in less than a day if they have the rocket parts who is the limited factor, production will fall as kerbals will move on to outgoing ships. The K&K workshops was mostly as rocket parts production but will help assemble stuff if staffed. 

1 hour ago, magnemoe said:

You can use the orbital pad on ground downside is that its pretty small, the survey station also works well but require KIS who else is a bit redundant now to place the stake, I only used the root stake.  KAS is very useful for large bases anyway. 

I use K&K planetary bases who has an 3 man workshop who is an nice compromise between the huge blue workshop and the tiny or add hook ones it also has drills and an furnace in it style. 
Not used launch pad 2 but it looks like you can easy land and deploy it but you will need another structure with metal ore drill, smelter and preferably an workshop, has used both the orbital one and the large landing pad. 
Well here is my Minmus base with the damaged Minmus express taking off to be disposed of in an seismological experiment :) 
eoW6mYqh.png
In the background you see both the blue workshop and two of the K&K ones and two K&K furnaces. 

Now my Minmus base can build an 100 ton ship in less than a day if they have the rocket parts who is the limited factor, production will fall as kerbals will move on to outgoing ships. The K&K workshops was mostly as rocket parts production but will help assemble stuff if staffed. 

Nice base!  I never noticed the K&K 3-man had a builtin smelter and augers.  Very tempting.  Thanks for the info!

12 minutes ago, darthgently said:

Nice base!  I never noticed the K&K 3-man had a builtin smelter and augers.  Very tempting.  Thanks for the info!

Smelter and augers are two different modules in the same design. You see the furnace as the dark part in the module behind the blue workshop. 
The M&M metal ore drills are different colored M&M drills. 

An side note if you use EPL and TAC life support EPL furnaces used rocket fuel and oxidizer with metallic ore to create metal, water and co2. 
This is nice as with TAC water is pretty rare but now you get it creating metal, you can obviously dump the metal if needed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just started using the mod, and so far it seems very useful.

However, something really krakeny happened when I tried to build a survey stake on launchpad (is there a reason not to, except for what happened next?)

When clicking "finalize", the game switched to the loading screen, expanded a few GB RAM, and when it came back, it was frozen, showing only the back ground "space", and every toolbar item was doubled. (I could nothing other than killing the process).

The log just showed a long list of NullReferenceExceptions.

Another question, if you will -

I'm using K&K planetary bases but not KIS/KAS.

Apparently, the Planetary Hub part serves as an EL Launchpad, but after building is complete, I get a "No sites found. Explosions likely" message on the launchpad's dialog.
(If I do click "finalize build", the part/craft appears somewhere in the vicinity of the base).

Is it possible to add a "site" without a new launchpad?
I read the manual but couldn't find explanation for this.

My base and survey station on the Mun keep having negative or 0  productivity values and is not building anything.  Right now shows -3.75E-09. I have 3 pilots and an engineer in the base thinking i needed pilots and good ones. What am I doing wrong or is this broken.