[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

16 hours ago, jsantarosa said:

My base and survey station on the Mun keep having negative or 0  productivity values and is not building anything.  Right now shows -3.75E-09. I have 3 pilots and an engineer in the base thinking i needed pilots and good ones. What am I doing wrong or is this broken.

Try this 

http://taniwha.org/~bill/EL_Manual.pdf

I have released vesrion 6.99.1 of Extraplanetary Launchpads

Changes from 6.99.0:

• Fix .version file to cover 1.8-.1.12
  • Update settings window for the new UI
  • Move global settings into PluginData (instead of in the save files)
  • Add a button to load settings in-game (you can edit the settings file and then reload the settings without having to restart KSP)
  • Ensure all created vessels (built and temporary) have a valid orbit. This fixes some nasty pseudo-crashes that for me happened only when building a survey stake. It might be related to the crashes that occur for people using Principia: please test and let me know. Thanks to @Angel-125 for finding such a nicely reproduce-able issue.
  • Survey site ranges can be configured on a per-part basis (for @Angel-125)

43 minutes ago, taniwha said:

I have released vesrion 6.99.1 of Extraplanetary Launchpads

Changes from 6.99.0:

• Fix .version file to cover 1.8-.1.12
  • Update settings window for the new UI
  • Move global settings into PluginData (instead of in the save files)
  • Add a button to load settings in-game (you can edit the settings file and then reload the settings without having to restart KSP)
  • Ensure all created vessels (built and temporary) have a valid orbit. This fixes some nasty pseudo-crashes that for me happened only when building a survey stake. It might be related to the crashes that occur for people using Principia: please test and let me know. Thanks to @Angel-125 for finding such a nicely reproduce-able issue.
  • Survey site ranges can be configured on a per-part basis (for @Angel-125)

woo hoo! Thanks! :)

I noticed that when constructing an external command seat as a 'part', an engineer can't pick it up in construction mode (I'm not using KIS/KAS), but when I move it out of a container - it does work.

When inspecting the save file I noticed that the 'type' of the VESSEL containing the part is "Rover". When editing it to "DroppedPart", it was 'pickable' again.

Is there a proper way to build the command seat so it can be picked?

28 minutes ago, Omeran said:

When inspecting the save file I noticed that the 'type' of the VESSEL containing the part is "Rover". When editing it to "DroppedPart", it was 'pickable' again.

This is quite an interesting discovery. I encountered a similar problem and figured that (for some reason, EVA construction doesn't like the root part of single part vessels). Try focusing that single part (make it the active vessel) then go to map view and rename it. You get to choose the vessel type while renaming at that point so that should absolutely work.

I don't expect "Dropped part" to be a pickable option mid-game, but perhaps anything other than "Rover" makes it pickable again?

Edited by JadeOfMaar

5 hours ago, Omeran said:

I noticed that when constructing an external command seat as a 'part', an engineer can't pick it up in construction mode (I'm not using KIS/KAS), but when I move it out of a container - it does work.

Is there a proper way to build the command seat so it can be picked?

That's a good find. Could you please put it in an issue on github?

Hi, coming back after a (longer) downtime, and I'm wondering - does the "simplification" mod still exist? While I like the idea of EL, having to deal with another redundant resource (MetalOre instead of Ore) which also limits gameplay never really appealed to me. TBH I am just looking for a simple integration with Plantary Base Systems.

Broken UI yet again... is there any Fix? Here's screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DJng0qDpYqfBSDSjndbca02lsKwjY0Np/view?usp=drivesdk

Only works if you Launch a vessel with a Pad from VAB/SPH , then all UI's work in the game.  Is there an option to choose that oldschool look of UI ( Grey'ish color) ? Can't seem to find...

Edited by Distriaction

2 hours ago, Distriaction said:

Broken UI yet again... is there any Fix? Here's a screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DJng0qDpYqfBSDSjndbca02lsKwjY0Np/view?usp=drivesdk

Only works if you Launch a vessel with a Pad from VAB/SPH , then all UI's work in the game.  Is there an option to choose that oldschool look of UI ( Grey'ish color) ? Can't seem to find...

It seems link is private. Would you mind checking it?

10 minutes ago, leonardfactory said:

It seems link is private. Would you mind checking it?

Fixed link to screenshot , should be good

On 1/4/2022 at 12:45 AM, winnermah said:

Has anyone found a fix for the broken UI window? I can't click on anything and the image is blank.

Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15IBfI686MH-ERajPLhQjG25wZ-49y15Z/view?usp=sharing

Same issue here

Just a heads-up that my server is down for a little while. My firewall had a drive failure (after about 11 years of service) and I'm in the process of getting everything configured again (had to reinstall the OS, no data loss though (separate drive)). I expect to be back to normal by next week, hopefully sooner.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

On 2/16/2022 at 9:37 AM, krautbernd12 said:

Hi, coming back after a (longer) downtime, and I'm wondering - does the "simplification" mod still exist? While I like the idea of EL, having to deal with another redundant resource (MetalOre instead of Ore) which also limits gameplay never really appealed to me. TBH I am just looking for a simple integration with Plantary Base Systems.

Yes, and once I get a copy of the new beta from poor @taniwha's rebuilt computer I will release that version. :D

On 2/16/2022 at 10:26 AM, Hohmannson said:

forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/191424-* yes

On 2/16/2022 at 10:50 AM, krautbernd12 said:

Thanks, I think simple construction was indeed the mod I was using before.

Also there is Not So SimpleConstruction! and Keridian Dynamics

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

Just a heads-up that my server is down for a little while. My firewall had a drive failure (after about 11 years of service) and I'm in the process of getting everything configured again (had to reinstall the OS, no data loss though (separate drive)). I expect to be back to normal by next week, hopefully sooner.

I can commiserate - just had my RAID-1 Seagate Barracuda's fail after --- 13 years??? Replacing with EVOS, ODAAT (one drive at a time) 

Most organized I've been in decades!

Good Luck!

On 2/19/2022 at 9:32 PM, taniwha said:

I don't suppose there is a mirror we could use in the meantime?

I've got my server limping along: http (not https yet) is working, so all my mods can be downloaded again.

Sorry about the inconvenience and delays. A combination of a few mistakes with the fiber model config (tried defeating some of its stupidity to no avail), working out how to get arcane configs right, waiting for DNS to sort itself out (after a few false starts), and rampaging around the Forbidden West ;)

I hope to get https going soon, and with a proper cert this time.

On 2/23/2022 at 7:34 AM, ThatRobHuman said:

I don't suppose there is a mirror we could use in the meantime?

Not that I know of, but see my above message :)

[edit] https is working now, and is now actually the "only" option (http redirects to https), and the certificate is legit rather than self-signed, so it should be hassle-free.

Edited by taniwha

Running into a pretty base-breaking glitch with EL. I'm currently running 6.99.0, because someone told me the glitch was exclusive to 6.99.1, but it's present on both versions for me.

The bug: It seems to have something to do with workshops created by EPL vs workshops launched from the KSC, but sometimes, a given vessel becomes permanently unable to have productivity. The vessel can be listed as having productivity on the PAW, but it can never build anything, because productivity is set to "----" in the EL interface whenever I try to build anything. Any ideas?

EDIT: I've done more experimenting. Using KIS, the "---- productivity" bug can be banished if I take apart the entire structure and re-assemble it in such a way that the root part has changed, but the issue seems to come back on scene change. There are no relevant error in the log file, but I can provide it anyways.

EDIT 2: I did some more experimenting and traced down the exact circumstances of the bug: If the root part of the craft is a part that has been spawned in from an EPL site, then whenever the vessel is loaded back in, the productivity is set to ---- until it becomes a new vessel (root part change). However, it works PERFECTLY FINE if the root part of the craft originates from the KSC. No, I don't know either

unknown.png

Edited by Kirbin Kerman

Hi,

Long time user back from a break. Love that EL has been updated for 1.12 and the look of the new UI!

I'm at the point where I'm attempting to build a first base in my 1.12.3 game. I have a lander with ample rocket parts, electricity, an EL survey station and a command pod. When I pull up the new UI I see I've got my productivity above 1.0 depending on how I move my kerbals around. Jeb's my pilot with 2 stars, and I've got Bill (2 stars), plus three other Engineer kerbals (two at 2 stars and one with just 1 star).

I sent Jeb out with a mallet and some stakes, and he placed a nice D-O stake not too far from my lander, then got back aboard. So far everything seems like it's going just fine.

The UI shows my lander as the pad, but nothing comes up in sites. If I click into the sites field I can find the stake Jeb placed, but I can't seem to get it to show up in the field other than in the drop down menu you get when you click that field.

If I attempt a select a craft to build under these circumstances (pad selected, site visible in drop down list, but not showing up in the Site field otherwise), then KABLAM! The selected craft I'm loading appears where the Survey Station is sending parts of my lander flying every which way. As much fun as explosions are, it's not my desired outcome and is kind of frustrating.

I turned to the manual to see if there's any guidance there, but didn't see anything I was clearly doing wrong.

Do I need to seat Jeb in the Survey Station, or can he sit in the command pod like a good pilot and let the 4 engineers take the survey station seats? Would that matter to this situation other than possibly lowering my productivity slightly?

I suspect the problem I'm seeing is related to the apparent inability to select the survey site, though it's also strange that the moment I press Load the craft I want to build appears fully formed (though in the wrong position and orientation) without waiting for a progress bar or any amount of build time. Just press this button and watch your lander instantly explode...

Update: I tried with Jeb in the Survey Station and still can't seem to select his survey stake - it's sort of like it shows up grayed out in the field, though you can rename it and see it in the drop down. This time, when I pressed load in the Select dialog the craft appeared just a little ways off (oriented wrong, floating unnaturally in space, not falling or anything) so that it didn't collide with my builder, but nonetheless I couldn't "build" it.

Edited by schlosrat

14 hours ago, schlosrat said:

I suspect the problem I'm seeing is related to the apparent inability to select the survey site, though it's also strange that the moment I press Load the craft I want to build appears fully formed (though in the wrong position and orientation) without waiting for a progress bar or any amount of build time. Just press this button and watch your lander instantly explode...

Update: I tried with Jeb in the Survey Station and still can't seem to select his survey stake - it's sort of like it shows up grayed out in the field, though you can rename it and see it in the drop down. This time, when I pressed load in the Select dialog the craft appeared just a little ways off (oriented wrong, floating unnaturally in space, not falling or anything) so that it didn't collide with my builder, but nonetheless I couldn't "build" it.

On further investigation it seems to be something going wrong with the vessel load, and in particular it appears to be incompatibility with TweakScale. I've got a metric crap ton of mods, so it took some time to figure out, but I can successfully load craft in the EL UI and build them so long as I don't have TweakScale installed. I can apparently have KSP Recall (which TweakScale requires), but not TweakScale itself. If I have that I experience the odd behavior described above.

I am, however, seeing occasional odd behavior in my tests where the survey stake explodes if I time warp during the build. I don't think this is related to the other show-stopper effect, and sometimes the build works fine while other times the stake explodes.

The apparent TweakScale incompatibility is a bummer for sure - I like that mod! But if it's a choice between being able to build things or being able to tweak the scale of things, I'll go with building things and find other ways to get the part sizes I need.

OK, so removing TweakScale solves my vessel loading issue and I can build things. Great!

Now why are they coming in so dang high?

My modular base sections have FASA launch clamps under then to hold them in place. I've built these before, and always in the past the first one I build comes in at the same height above the origin stake as it is off the floor of the VAB. Now they're coming in at a silly height that isn't especially useful as the built in ladders can't reach the ground now. I even tried adding a -Y Bounds stake (which I had been afraid would cram the thing right on the ground), but it still came in at the same silly height.

vxrc5iY.png

Any clues why my build is coming in so high? Is it somehow related to the height above ground of the EL Survey Station in the lander? It almost looks like those might be related, but why?

Edited by schlosrat

OK, so I buildt the first section on landing legs since EL is determined to start craft up high and then lower them into place (nice touch, great for vessels, but can we turn that off?)

Now it's curious that my modular base craft are coming in oriented wrong. Surely the orientations on the micropads hasn't changed has it? That seems astonishingly unlikely, but I suppose it's possible.

If the micropad orientations haven't changed, then why did the craft I've built (with the correct orientation in the VAB) come in rotated by 90 degrees on it's long axis? These craft never did this before, so something must have changed that affects this.

lfFzLVm.png

FYI - All of my modular base parts have the root part as the part that should be attached where a micropad is, and in general they've got another micropad already attached with the correct orientation to keep on building. Here you can see one of the micropads on my modular base core with the cyan arrow up. Attached where the Branch 1 micropad was is my modular smelter, rotated incorrectly by 90 degrees...

Confusing!