[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Help PLEASE! When i add the ore scanner to any ship and try to launch i am automatically sent to a screen the ship flying away from kerbin, i cannot zoom or control the spacecraft or change it in any way. Same thing in VAB as SPH. Please help?!?!?! Running

0.23 with only Kethane, KAS and extraplanetary launchpads added

Hello!

I want to start off saying, thank you very much for this mod and I look forward to trying! I wanted to confirm one thing before installing, though. Perhaps another forum member may have answers as well.

When I go into the .cfg files, or even any of the README files, there is no formatting to text as in the carriage returns seem to be gone, ending with giant blocks or 1-3 lines that run across the screen instead of the orderly syntax of code. Will this impact how the mod runs?

To verify it wasn't me, I re-opened .cfgs and READMEs from other mods I have installed and they do not have any abnormal formatting.

When I go into the .cfg files, or even any of the README files, there is no formatting to text as in the carriage returns seem to be gone, ending with giant blocks or 1-3 lines that run across the screen instead of the orderly syntax of code. Will this impact how the mod runs?

This is because the files were created on linux, and your editor (I'm guessing Notepad) doesn't understand the encoding. Not to worry though, as KSP will read them fine.

If you want to open them, use Notepad++ or Wordpad.

Someone had ideas to use Carbon Monoxide to smelt the ore into metal, I've solved 2/3 problems, I've made the smelter now take Carbon monoxide in and ore in to give Carbon Dioxide out and Metal out. (Radial CO and (industrial)CO2 tanks included). I've got a boudouard reactor that takes carbon in (Carbon hex can included), industrial CO2 in to give Carbon Monoxide back out again. Here's a little screenshot vtykR1d.jpg

Don't worry about license or anything I'm offering this free toward the project I'm sure Skycooler would have wanted it.

Tomorrow I'll work on the smelter's aesthetics and get the auger animated.

DOWNLOAD LaunchpadsCARBON: https://www./?939vckb4u11ld99

I've got a boudouard reactor that takes carbon in (Carbon hex can included), industrial CO2 in to give Carbon Monoxide back out again.

You asked on IRC about the converter, and I told you that while KethaneConverter is part of the public API (see: license), HeatSinkAnimator is not. You could ask for permission, since I'm not particularly attached to that module, but I'm a bit irritated that you blithely ignored the answer I gave. It doesn't help that your part is a poorly textured rip of Keptin's large converter designâ€â€which is allowed, I guess, but it doesn't make me enthusiastic about handing you the code to power it.

Here's a little screenshot ...

Congratulations, you've done an amazing job of making the EL smelter look beautiful.

Your CO and CO2 densities are way out (~5% come on, how hard is to to read comments? or understand that I said the Ore density was out?)

You've broken the resource nodes (I'm surprised KSP didn't reject them).

Worst of all (the above is repairable), you've completely disregarded licensing. Neither the EL stuff nor the Kethane stuff are yours to give away freely. The EL stuff is under the GPL which means you must give it away under the GPL. The Kethane stuff... you were told "no" and proceeded to do so anyway.

Because of the last, I won't touch your stuff. I don't need it anyway: I already have an Ore+CO/Metal+CO2 config that is waiting for me to sort out a zillion other issues (including aligning necessary resources with other mods rather than creating otherwise useless ones). There's a reason those files are heavily commented with chemical equations and stochastic balancing: so I don't forget my goals or my plans on how to attain them. One of them being the smelter being next to useless on Mun or Minmus (I have plans for other methods, already hinted at if you do some reading).

Worst of all (the above is repairable), you've completely disregarded licensing. Neither the EL stuff nor the Kethane stuff are yours to give away freely. The EL stuff is under the GPL which means you must give it away under the GPL. The Kethane stuff... you were told "no" and proceeded to do so anyway.

Dear Majiir and Taniwha, first of all I'm shocked! I thought I was being nice and being helpful.

2nd, sorry about the extralaunchcenters.cfg, I'll rewrite it, I was well tired last night.

3rd, that is NOT a reskin of the 2m convereter, it is a new model, but it does look strikingly similar, I shall come up with a new animation that looks totally different at once. The animation isn't even heatsinkanim, it's Default Take. I heeded Majiir's words very carefully and he said as long as it was a new model, new animation, new texture, it was fine as long as I didn't include any kethane parts or .dlls in the release.

4th. How do you plan on making the smelter "useless" on mun and minmus?

5th. With regard to the densities, I'm using the densities of liquid CO and liquid CO2 and I made that number in the resources appropriately proportional to your density figures.

6th, aren't you at least impressed with the math I did in the .cfg so that I proved it's possible to have multi input multi output and the ship maintains consistent mass?

7th. Are you going to go ballistic if I re-do the auger?

As someone who managed to fly a wheeled Smelter (the bigger original *******) to Duna and land it, I concur... Smaller please. And maybe a different shape, just to make it easier to design around. Engineering that thing as a deployable item from Kerbin was nightmarish and used up every parachute in my inventory.

Just sayin,

That said Glad EP will continue and hope you have as much devving it as we have playing with it

Alacrity

A while back I created an EBM (Electron Beam Melter) for a LLL (Lack Luster Labs) extension I was going to call Jool Mining Corporation. However I hadn't done too much to update it. For more on what an EBM is here is a wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron_beam_melting

If anyone has any modeling experience (or spare models I could use) I would certainly love to revive my EBM extension to EPL. I'm decent with creating textures I just don't model much.

On another note, a new 'animated' auger would be nice. I've been tempted to copy and rewrite the config to make the large Kethane drill into a temp auger.

Hey everyone I'm having a problem with this plugin. All the parts work in sandbox but they are not in my tech tree in career. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get it into career?

You've installed it wrong or have the wrong versions. 0.23 KSP and EL 3.6. Try again.

I'm sorry to say this but i have a major problem.

1)If i make anything with docking ports (ANY docking ports AT ALL)on the "Launch Pad2" (the one with the engines) i can't seem to dock the named part onto my station :/ (which also has the launch pad2 docked onto it...) it just hits bullseye on the docking port but doesn't dock....

2) i can't seem to get the construction dock to work :/ does it have to be in space? docked to something?? idk the build pop up menu won't "pop up" or even when i right click it.

Is there any up to date documentation on this? I find the information provided in the OP to be severely lacking on what exactly this addon does and how it works.

A specific question I have is how the resource extraction/refining is handled, and whether or not that relies totally on the Kethane system. I'd like to be able to use this with KSPI's resource system if at all possible.

I must have messed up my install somehow, I seem to be able to build anything I want even when I have zero rocket parts.

Anyone know what I've done wrong?

Please and thank you :)

Edited by Kass
Manners

To answer your questions: no, and yes its exactly the same as kethane extraction and IS integrated, and I don't think you can. Refining is two stage, first you harvest ore to turn it into metal with the smelter, then you use the rocket workshop to turn the metal into rocket parts. Also this mod seems mostly useless for the time being seeing as trying to build a ship on anything other than a perfectly level surface causes the ship to teleport under the launch pad and explode.

On a side note how the hell does KSPI's system work anyways? I Can't figure out how the hell to actually extract anything except for taking the refinery to duna and making things from carbon dioxide

Edited by Citizen Joe

Is there a way to recycle parts in orbit for the orbital construction dock? I would like to tow all the spent staging rockets to the construction station and reused the rocket parts, rather than de-orbit them. Or could I put a recycling bin on a space tug and just get really close to a spent rocket?

So, I'm having the same issue as Kass. Craft/sub-assembly loads on the space dock without taking from the available parts. Was also spawning with full tanks when I specified that they should be empty. Just tested with the launchpad and it's doing the same thing. I remember there being a config line you can add so it doesn't require resources to spawn but I've not seen the line in the configs. Is there something I'm missing to change it back to normal behaviour?

I must have messed up my install somehow, I seem to be able to build anything I want even when I have zero rocket parts.

Anyone know what I've done wrong?

Please and thank you :)

So, I'm having the same issue as Kass. Craft/sub-assembly loads on the space dock without taking from the available parts. Was also spawning with full tanks when I specified that they should be empty. Just tested with the launchpad and it's doing the same thing. I remember there being a config line you can add so it doesn't require resources to spawn but I've not seen the line in the configs. Is there something I'm missing to change it back to normal behaviour?

My first guess for both of you would be that you haven't installed the Kethane mod. The resource system of EPL is integrated with Kethane, and without the mod installed it will revert back to building things for free.