[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

56 minutes ago, Plecy75 said:

hey, i'm wondering if there is a backport of the latest version for 1.2.2, as i am using RO which always takes forever to update. i was also wondering what are all the ISRU mods that this is compatible with?

Have you read through the OP?  It spells out exactly what you are looking for including how to download the proper release.

@Plecy75: The latest is not compatible with 1.2.2. I just checked and it's not worth doing another backport build (ie, if there are not enough changes). I do have some plans for the near future (fingers crossed), so I'll try to remember do do one then (if I forget, poke me). [edit]Already have one pending change of interest to RO.

Due to EL's recipes, it should be compatible with a little bit of work (only problem is productivity requirements are still hard-coded: on my TODO list). EL_Manual.pdf (in the zip, or linked from the OP) should be off assistance with making it compatible.

Edited by taniwha

On 10/20/2017 at 12:07 PM, Kynrael said:

I see you've updated your mod to 5.9 - however, it doesn't seem to be showing up on CKAN :)

Is that a known issue or is there something I'm missing?

On 10/20/2017 at 2:36 PM, taniwha said:

CKAN is lagging.

The metadata for this mod requires manual updates because it is not hosted on a site that can be queried automatically for new versions; I'll submit such an update now for 5.9.0. In the future, if users of this mod would like more versions added to CKAN, please submit an issue here and someone will take care of it:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues

Alternately, if the hosting for this mod is ever switched to SpaceDock, GitHub, or Curse, we can automate the indexing of new versions. Please submit an issue for that as well! (But please don't bother taniwha about it.)

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

EL.version is there beside the zip, and I do try to remember to upload it with the zip.

That helps with certain things, but not with finding new downloads. CKAN needs to know the complete URL where the new version lives, and that's not contained in the version file. While it's an easy task for you and me to look at the old URL for 5.8.0 and correctly guess the new URL for 5.9.0, it's quite a bit harder to do it with code, and CKAN does not attempt that currently.

(To be clear, I'm just elaborating on my previous comment, not complaining about EL's distribution method. The status quo is easy enough as long as someone notifies the CKAN team that there's a new release.)

3 minutes ago, taniwha said:

hmm, does the version file spec support download urls? I'd happily put one in.

It looks like there's a "DOWNLOAD" property in the spec, but as far as I know that still wouldn't get you automated updates without some code changes on the CKAN side (though it is in the suggested features list). I guess you could start including that property now, and then if that enhancement gets done, CKAN would start picking it up.

Hmm, it looks like I may have been misusing the DOWNLOAD field (have it set to the forum thread). I'll fix that.

Ok, I've edited the current EL.version to specify the zip location in DOWNLOAD and made my scripts generate it correctly.

Hello, I'm Korean KSP player. First of all, thanks for your wonderful work.

Few days ago, I checked your new version EL, but I couldn't connect your download URL. (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT) I don't know why I can't connect. CKAN has same problem. can't download 5.9.0.

so, I downloaded game data folder in source code data from github, Now Mod is work but now MOD UI is disappeared.

Unfortunately, I deleted 5.8.2. Do you know what is problem?

My KSP is 1.3.1, steam version.

2.jpg?type=w2

1.jpg?type=w2

3.jpg?type=w2

1 hour ago, bluesoul_62 said:

Sorry, Unfortunately still cannot connect. is there other way? (;_;)

Hmm, it might be those old blacklist rules I found in my firewall setup. I think I was attempting to block sites that were pounding on my ssh connection (I couldn't update ssh at the time) and you may have been an innocent bystander. I've removed them since I don't actually remember what they're for, they're ineffective (still have sites pounding on my ssh), and they're causing problems.

I hope that fixes it. Please let me know.

On 2017. 10. 25. at 1:06 PM, taniwha said:

Hmm, it might be those old blacklist rules I found in my firewall setup. I think I was attempting to block sites that were pounding on my ssh connection (I couldn't update ssh at the time) and you may have been an innocent bystander. I've removed them since I don't actually remember what they're for, they're ineffective (still have sites pounding on my ssh), and they're causing problems.

I hope that fixes it. Please let me know.

Still can't connect ㅜㅜ

If you tell me which proper file or folder I should  download, I'll do it. just let me know./

omg, I tried  to mobile,  and url worked! thanks for your support!

Edited by bluesoul_62

I am having problems with building certain parts. For example, this part: https://imgur.com/FsA7KH0 causes my entire dockyard to explode. So far, I have identified the source of problems: octo docking connector(from near future construction). The explosion happens only if this docking port is the root part. If I move root node to another part(for example add a stock decoupler) then everything works fine. Any ideas on what is causing this problem and how to fix it?

The last time I had this mod installed, I had a series of 2-3 expandable orbital construction platforms, but for some reason I can't seem to find them. I had thought they were part of the basic EL installation, but since I can't find them I'm wondering if they were a separate mod. Does anyone know where I can find these again?

Thanks.

@SpacedInvader I believe Pathfinder has something like that.

@Mine_Turtle: It looks like FAR, Trajectories or kOS (though the first exception in there is Trajectories+FAR, with kOS coming a little later). I myself use FAR, so I think it by itself is innocent. My strongest suspicion is that Trajectories is starting up too quickly.

14 hours ago, taniwha said:

@SpacedInvader I believe Pathfinder has something like that.

@Mine_Turtle: It looks like FAR, Trajectories or kOS (though the first exception in there is Trajectories+FAR, with kOS coming a little later). I myself use FAR, so I think it by itself is innocent. My strongest suspicion is that Trajectories is starting up too quickly.

Unfortunately, Pathfinder does not appear to have these, though I can't rule out the possibility that it once did and then they were removed for some reason. That said, can you think of any other mods that these might have belonged to?

10 minutes ago, SpacedInvader said:

Unfortunately, Pathfinder does not appear to have these, though I can't rule out the possibility that it once did and then they were removed for some reason. That said, can you think of any other mods that these might have belonged to?

There was a mod along the lines of Sci-Fi Shipyards (probably not quite the right name), but MOLE, part of the Wild Blue Industries collection, is the one with the 2 different sizes of orbital shipyards.

43 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

There was a mod along the lines of Sci-Fi Shipyards (probably not quite the right name), but MOLE, part of the Wild Blue Industries collection, is the one with the 2 different sizes of orbital shipyards.

I'll have a look, thanks.

EDIT: That was the one, thanks. I've never had MOLE before, so I'm assuming that they were indeed in pathfinder originally and then were moved to the MOLE mod at some point. Thanks again.

Edited by SpacedInvader