[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Is there anywhere a youtubevideo on how EL works in the current version? Kottabos review is many years old and I guess, the whole mechanisms changed since then. I am kinda more the auditive and visual guy in terms of learning new stuff. Doesn't have to be from the mod makers... just a general showcase (preferably in english, not french or so) ... :D

5 hours ago, Rakete said:

Is there anywhere a youtubevideo on how EL works in the current version? Kottabos review is many years old and I guess, the whole mechanisms changed since then. I am kinda more the auditive and visual guy in terms of learning new stuff. Doesn't have to be from the mod makers... just a general showcase (preferably in english, not french or so) ... :D

@Rakete things really haven't changed, much. Core mechanics remain pretty much the same.

can check out my youtube channel and there is a video or two, (for SimpleConstruction! (SCON) which is a stripped down version which uses the same .dll (courtesy of @taniwha)) 

plus Vaos uses SCON in some of his videos. Easiest to find livestreamers that use either XPL or SCON and watch them.

Wish I had the time to produce a video or @Kottabos was still making KSP videos.

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

2 hours ago, ElonsMusk said:

This is likely in the documentation but I can't find it. How do I know how many Rocket Parts I need to construct a vessel? Is there a tooltip somewhere in the Editors?

Open the EL window in the editors. The dry mass of your vessel translates into RocketParts. The unit of measurement shown in the window is "ku" which means "thousand(s) of units" so numbers will be smaller and might confuse you. The ratio (tons to RocketParts) is easy to get. I might remember wrong but I think it's 1:4000 (or in kilograms to RocketParts it's 1:4).

7 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Open the EL window in the editors. The dry mass of your vessel translates into RocketParts. The unit of measurement shown in the window is "ku" which means "thousand(s) of units" so numbers will be smaller and might confuse you. The ratio (tons to RocketParts) is easy to get. I might remember wrong but I think it's 1:4000 (or in kilograms to RocketParts it's 1:4).

Thanks for the reply! This was great info I appreciate it. I think I must have something wrong with my install but I will work it out myself because I've decided to use SimpleCon (I'm a simpleton afterall) for now, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Anyway the reply clears some things up regardless of what I end up using for off-world construction, thanks again.

Im not sure what the status of this mod is - if there's another thread for active maintenance or dev let me know. I have found a years old bug and only just got around to reporting it: parts that deploy into a different hitbox appear to cause physics oddities when the crafts finished. Easy way to reproduce: download Stock Station Expansion, find the largest centrifuge, strap it to some launch clamps somehow and then build it with EPL. It will spawn the craft normally before glitching the affected part into the ground (kraken attack). This is also an issue with those old Porkjet inflateable habitats that have been floating around as they inflate into a new hitbox and similarly cause problems. I would post a screenshot but it seems pointless. Logs are here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AnJPVVrCWIR4TAjjGjZF1IRlTN_RBsOB/view?usp=share_link

I zipped them as they were big. let me know if I can provide a better download. Love the mod, I literally cant play without it as it's just so much fun!

On further testing, it appears this only affects the PXL-E Mercury centrifuge from StationPartsExpansionRedux as well as porkjets parts.

Update: it only happens if the centrifuge is the root part. As long as it is not the root part you can make it just fine.

Edited by StormxWolf

19 minutes ago, kspperson said:

Hi, I have a base on the Mun with 2 launchpads, and when i press build. It is stuck on 0 percent even though my productivity is 40. Does anybody know a fix for this? I have the rocket parts and electricity required.

I recommend trying different releas's dll files.

Hi, I've hit an issue with the mod, every time I try to select a craft to build, it shows that all ships cost 0 and require 0 parts and when I select the ship nothing happens and I cant build anything. The mod worked fine before, I have built multiple crafts in orbit but now when I try it doesn't work. Any fixes for this issue?

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, FatherSarge said:

The v6.99.3 archive is busted, 6.99.2 still works though

@FatherSarge works for me.

On 11/24/2013 at 9:43 PM, taniwha said:

Download: Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3. (non-ssl link)
To download an older version, edit the url for the current release such that the version number matches the desired release.
Support my efforts:  patreon.png

On 1/21/2023 at 12:22 PM, StormxWolf said:

On further testing, it appears this only affects the PXL-E Mercury centrifuge from StationPartsExpansionRedux as well as porkjets parts.

Update: it only happens if the centrifuge is the root part. As long as it is not the root part you can make it just fine.

@taniwha, @StormxWolf Other mods are changing how KSP works internally - and that is most certainly the root cause.

33 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

@FatherSarge works for me.

@taniwha, @StormxWolf Other mods are changing how KSP works internally - and that is most certainly the root cause.

Just a follow up: I followed the centrifuge bug to KSP community fixes wherein they informed me that it was actually a bug with SSPX's centrifuges (also that KSP CF is mildly incompatible with EPL via  a bug that makes construction free evidently) not setting their own drag cubes properly. When a part animated its self into a new hitbox, it needs to set specific properties regarding drag cubes that Nertea forgot about. If those are set properly, the bug disappears. To anyone curious, you can find the issue report under the closed section on KSP Community Fixes github and linked within is the link to Nertea's github where a fix is listed.

Edited by StormxWolf

42 minutes ago, Artificer_Drachen said:

Anyone else having the issue where the entire station/ship is immediately shaken to bits once a vessel is made via using the EL orbital construction dock? I installed via ckan and I have MKS installed

Adding onto it, things made by the survey station+stake spawns several meters above the ground, no much of an issue for low gravity bodies but a big one on high gravity

On 2/11/2023 at 6:08 PM, Artificer_Drachen said:

Adding onto it, things made by the survey station+stake spawns several meters above the ground, no much of an issue for low gravity bodies but a big one on high gravity

you can try to attach stock launch clamps to your base.

Also getting an error when downloading 6.99.3 but not any prior version.
CKAN gives this error:
Screenshot_2023-02-17_223915.png

Attempting to extract with 7-zip gives this error:
Screenshot_2023-02-17_224017.png

This is the exact same error every time I have downloaded it, and I have also tried downloading the file both from my home wifi and my phone's hotspot.

The version immediately prior works fine every time (Have downloaded both versions three times each and got the same result each time).

Im having an odd problem in my orbital dockyard where the subassembly I have constructing is stuck. The first few times I tried to finalize the build, KSP crashed to desktop, and after that whenever I hit finalize, it spawns the build in with zero velocity detached from the station, and the build starts falling back to Kerbin. When I load the dockyard back up, the UI is still saying "finalize build." Hitting "restart build" does nothin  and if I finalize the same thing happens as before. Ive tried quick loading, slow loading, quitting to menu, and re launching the game (which is tedious at best). Ive tried this loop several times, sometimes crashing to desktop and sometimes falling back to Kerbin, but no matter what I do the dock is stuck producing this one assembly. I can't disassemble the actual dockyard part and reattach it because it is the root part of the core of the station. Ive spent the better part of the my weekend building this station so it'd be really nice if there's a fix for this. If you need an image or video or something I can make one. 

On 2/17/2023 at 11:45 PM, CaveCanem234 said:

Also getting an error when downloading 6.99.3 but not any prior version.
CKAN gives this error:
Screenshot_2023-02-17_223915.png

Attempting to extract with 7-zip gives this error:
Screenshot_2023-02-17_224017.png

This is the exact same error every time I have downloaded it, and I have also tried downloading the file both from my home wifi and my phone's hotspot.

The version immediately prior works fine every time (Have downloaded both versions three times each and got the same result each time).

I have the same issue

34 minutes ago, LukewarmSpaghetti said:

Are there any mods that switch the models for the parts? They're really ugly...

Yea over a decade into this game and some of the textures from the beginning didn't hold up over time...

Some mods have their own parts and support for the functions of this mod. Wild Blue Industries has a few parts.

On 2/24/2023 at 6:12 PM, TomKerbal said:

I have the same issue

No idea how to put a quote in a edit or how to just reply and tag someone so I'm double posting.

A file in the zip is corrupt in the latest version. Didn't even check to see if that part was updated(probably not) but if you just take all the files except that one part and then copy that part over from the next latest version it works fine.

17 hours ago, LukewarmSpaghetti said:

Are there any mods that switch the models for the parts? They're really ugly...

You can use Sandcastle which provides all alternative parts you'd need, in a nice Restock style. Then go into your Extraplanetary Launchpads folder and delete the Parts folder.