[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, so when using USI/MKS the duna pioneer and the 2.5m tundra pioneer modules have the EL Survey Station module available to them but the 3.75m Tundra pioneer does not. Is there a quick way for me to fix it or is this something the author would have to "fix" in the future and i would need to wait for that update? 

Many Thanks.

When installing  Extraplanetary Launchpads v 6.99.1 or 6.99.0 (for 1.9.x) through CKAN, it is reporting that the zip files are not valid, CRC mismatch. Could be happening for other versions as well, I only tested these two.

Downloading 6.99.1 manually works fine, the zip file opens okay, contents appear as they should be.    

Not entirely sure if this is up to CKAN to fix or not, but in the interest of awareness spreading I'm reporting it here as well as on the CKAN github issues page just in case it's outside of CKAN's wheelhouse. 

EDIT:

Well, it seems I was a bit premature here.  While the zip appears to open okay, attempting to copy the contents into gamedata throws up this error:

Spoiler

oB4EoFH.png

So it appears the zip is actually corrupted and CKAN is doing what it's supposed to.  

I'm sure this is low priority, since its for an older version of KSP.  I would use 1.12 but the planet pack I'm using really works best on 1.9.   Not asking anyone to jump to it and fix the old download, I can just try compiling from source, but when time is available, the corrupted zip files should either be replaced with not corrupted ones or the affected versions should be pulled from ckan entirely since they don't work.  It's also worth noting that I only tried downloading 6.99.1 and 6.99.0 from ckan, and only tried extracting 6.99.1 myself.  There may be other older versions that are affected by this, worth looking into.

Edit2: 6.8.3 downloads and installs fine. 

Edited by DeliriumTrigger
New info

• 3 weeks later...

Got 6.99.3 installed.

Noticed that the hammer is using the KAS screwdriver sound instead of the bonk-bonk-bonk effect for some reason.

I also found that my scientist was able to use said hammer to knock parts off, which was convenient and amusing; he's throwing out the trash while the engineer keeps working on new construction.

However, that hammer also seems to allow the scientist to weld the old solar panels back on to the base, which is definitely not right.

• 2 weeks later...

Attempting to download 6.99.3.

Error 0x80004005: unspecified error

model000.mbm

and

landingpad.mu

when attempting to extract ZIP file. CKAN also refused to allow the download.

Does anyone know if I can fix this myself, or do I have to wait for @taniwha to find out what's wrong?

Edited by fulgur

when i unextract the zip it says  ! E:\(myname)\KSP unpack zone\ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads_v6.99.3.zip: Checksum error in C:\Users\(myname)\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa22692.729\ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads\Parts\rocket_builder\model000.mbm. The file is corrupt
! E:\(myname)\KSP unpack zone\ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads_v6.99.3.zip: Checksum error in C:\Users\(myname)\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa22692.729\ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads\Parts\LandingPad\LandingPad.mu. The file is corrupt
! E:\(myname)\KSP unpack zone\ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads_v6.99.3.zip: The archive is corrupt

On 1/25/2023 at 8:33 AM, Faradayjeb said:

Hi, I've hit an issue with the mod, every time I try to select a craft to build, it shows that all ships cost 0 and require 0 parts and when I select the ship nothing happens and I cant build anything. The mod worked fine before, I have built multiple crafts in orbit but now when I try it doesn't work. Any fixes for this issue?

I am encountering this same issue (as I see several other people have encountered), and nobody has suggested a fix for it. Is there any fix known?

On 4/28/2023 at 3:19 PM, fulgur said:

Attempting to download 6.99.3.

model000.mbm

and

landingpad.mu

when attempting to extract ZIP file. CKAN also refused to allow the download.

Does anyone know if I can fix this myself, or do I have to wait for @taniwha to find out what's wrong?

@taniwhaI just downloaded from both links from op and experienced the same issue (Error 0x80004005: unspecified error) while attempting to drag unzip with 7zip. If I opened the archive with 7zip and manually extract or delete the damaged files the files can be extracted. Opening the archive with WinX file explorer I can drag-n-drop the folder, skipping the offending/injured files.

On 11/24/2013 at 9:43 PM, taniwha said:

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I wanted to ask, if I can reduce the cost of my rockets by editing some files.
Yeah I basically wanna cheat, because I´m building big rockets that exceed 4 million rocket-parts and I don´t want to refule my station with ore every hour for I don´t know how long.

(fyi I also use Keridian dyanmics, but I think that just adds some fueltanks and better looking equipment)

2 hours ago, Nori said:

Uh, it it allowed via license for me to offer a download? I got the 2 most recent versions and would be happy to post a dropbox link.

Seems like it. The GitHub contains license files. The source code is MIT and the license for "KS" (which must be his in-game brand "Kairyuu Shipping" so I assume this means his parts) is GNU GPL and fully permissive so you're good to go.

On 5/2/2023 at 5:49 AM, mikegarrison said:

I am encountering this same issue (as I see several other people have encountered), and nobody has suggested a fix for it. Is there any fix known?

I am also having the same issue. I have tried installing the 6.99.2 version but the problem still occurs. I am using the USI suite of mods, could that be causing some issues? Any fixes/suggestions are appreciated.?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I gave up and just stopped playing, so sorry, I have no answer. (I had only started this save because the SpaceX Starship launch reminded me that I hadn't played KSP in at least a year or two.)

FWIW I was not using the USI mods.

On 1/25/2023 at 5:33 PM, Faradayjeb said:

Hi, I've hit an issue with the mod, every time I try to select a craft to build, it shows that all ships cost 0 and require 0 parts and when I select the ship nothing happens and I cant build anything. The mod worked fine before, I have built multiple crafts in orbit but now when I try it doesn't work. Any fixes for this issue?

@Faradayjeb, @mikegarrison & @IamRambo, are you by chance bypassing the Private Division launcher? I was having the same issue and my logs were full of “Warning: file […] does not exist”. After stumbling upon this issue report, I re-enabled the launcher and now things are working properly. I believe there is an issue with Extraplanetary Launchpads relying on the current working directory when looking for craft files, and this working directory is not set to the game’s directory when using advanced launch options in Steam.

Edited by Izeau
hit the wrong key combo, sent post too soon.

5 hours ago, Izeau said:

@Faradayjeb, @mikegarrison & @IamRambo, are you by chance bypassing the Private Division launcher? I was having the same issue and my logs were full of “Warning: file […] does not exist”. After stumbling upon this issue report, I re-enabled the launcher and now things are working properly. I believe there is an issue with Extraplanetary Launchpads relying on the current working directory when looking for craft files, and this working directory is not set to the game’s directory when using advanced launch options in Steam.

Yes, I am bypassing the launcher. Can't speak for everyone else, of course.

On 6/2/2023 at 11:08 AM, Izeau said:

Yes! You legend! I reenabled the launcher and the mod is now working! Thanks for the suggestion @Izeau!

I would kindly note that my KSSL project does not have this issue when acting as a launcher bypass, totally not a plug btw.

Yeah, a lot of mods break if you don't respect the working directory.

Edited by R-T-B

XPL isn't working for me at all.

The GUI is there, and the parts are there. I tried getting it to work with SimpleConstruction, it didn't, I thought SC might be the problem so I deleted it and reinstalled XPL.

I'm trying to build in orbit, I have a launchpad on my ship, a planetary assembly manager or whatever it's called, it's crewed, I have plenty of power and rocket parts, but every time I open the UI to build it just says "0 part in 0 stage cost: 0" on all my rockets.

image.png