[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

4 hours ago, taniwha said:

JJE64: I keep forgetting to upload it... I've done so now. I just hope I remember to do so in the future.

For some reason, it's not showing up in AVC during load... not sure why.  EL.version is there and the website is responding now.  I'm not getting why it's not working.

MatterBeam: Level 0 kerbals will be productive in a "fully equipped" workshop. This means that either the workshop's productivity factor is at least 1, or it has FullyEquipped = true (check the 5.2.91 release notes).

As for using Launchpads.dll in a mod, that all depends on what you want to do with it. You'll have to be more specific.

6 hours ago, taniwha said:

MatterBeam: Level 0 kerbals will be productive in a "fully equipped" workshop. This means that either the workshop's productivity factor is at least 1, or it has FullyEquipped = true (check the 5.2.91 release notes).

As for using Launchpads.dll in a mod, that all depends on what you want to do with it. You'll have to be more specific.

I am trying to add simplified EPL functionality to stock parts. 

So far, I've created an Ore->Metal->RocketParts resoure pathway between the ISRU and Mobile Processing Lab, with Ore tanks now also holding Metal and RocketParts.

I've converted the tiny Docking Port Jr. into a 'Construction Port' that acts as a Launchpad.

In the EPL_MM.cfg, which I've renamed 'settings', I increased the basic productivity of all 'workshop'-equipped parts to 2.

However, testing with a bunch of Level 0 kerbals gave me zero productivity.

Is it possible... to remove the 'negative' productivity of stupid kerbals?

9 hours ago, MatterBeam said:

I've converted the tiny Docking Port Jr. into a 'Construction Port' that acts as a Launchpad.

Heh, I used the Sr. when developing orbital construction.

However, testing with a bunch of Level 0 kerbals gave me zero productivity.

Hmm, are they engineers? By default, only engineers get the construction skill. Look at the @EXPERIENCE_TRAIT blocks in the MM file. Just add the ExConstructionSkill to the other classes (you'll need to create a block for scientists as I haven't come up with a use for them yet).

Is it possible... to remove the 'negative' productivity of stupid kerbals?

Make them level 2+ in a fully equipped workshop (3+ in any other workshop).

So I may just be a moron, but whenever I try to build a ship now, instead of RocketParts, it's now asking for MaterialKits and SpecializedParts. I can't find a way to make these in any way, and I don't see that resource in the filters in the VAB.  I had been able to make things with RocketParts previously, but after an update it seems to have switched to these parts.  As well, the big orbital construction dock (with the fold out arms) does not seem to be in my game any longer.  Any help would be appreciated.

41 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Heh, I used the Sr. when developing orbital construction.

Hmm, are they engineers? By default, only engineers get the construction skill. Look at the @EXPERIENCE_TRAIT blocks in the MM file. Just add the ExConstructionSkill to the other classes (you'll need to create a block for scientists as I haven't come up with a use for them yet).

Make them level 2+ in a fully equipped workshop (3+ in any other workshop).

Sr. is too useful for large orbital constructs. I'll play around with the possibility of every docking port having launchpad capability.

In my test, I placed every Kerbal I had in the construction craft, but productivity was zero. 

What I meant about removing stupidity was to remove the entire 'stupidity impacts productivity' system entirely. Can that be done through .cfg file?

58 minutes ago, TechWolf22 said:

So I may just be a moron, but whenever I try to build a ship now, instead of RocketParts, it's now asking for MaterialKits and SpecializedParts. I can't find a way to make these in any way, and I don't see that resource in the filters in the VAB.  I had been able to make things with RocketParts previously, but after an update it seems to have switched to these parts.  As well, the big orbital construction dock (with the fold out arms) does not seem to be in my game any longer.  Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like you updated USI/MKS via CKAN.  Re-update manually, and it should bring the dock (which is part of USI) back, and get you some parts to create MaterialKits.

Or you can uninstall USI entirely, and you'll be able to build with RocketParts.  (The USI system now overrides that on install, in favor of a two-resource system that can also be used with the OSI Workshop mod.)

6 hours ago, MatterBeam said:

In my test, I placed every Kerbal I had in the construction craft, but productivity was zero.

This is rather odd. Are you sure you didn't right-click on an empty crew part and look at Productivity instead of Vessel Productivity?

It's a little cryptic, but if you look in KSP.log, you should find lines similar to the following:

[LOG 18:32:03.768] [EL Workshop] Kerbal: Bob Kerman 0.1 0.3 False 0() 0 False 1 False False
[LOG 18:32:03.768] [EL Workshop] Kerbal: Leanne Kerman 0.1810092 0.1288647 False 0() 0 False 1 False False
[LOG 18:32:03.784] [EL Workshop] Kerbal: Bill Kerman 0.8 0.5 False 0() -1.490116E-08 True 1 False False
[LOG 18:32:03.788] [EL Workshop] Kerbal: Lealin Kerman 0.2097377 0.3873883 False 0() 0 False 3 False False
[LOG 18:32:03.841] [EL Workshop] Kerbal: Merbas Kerman 0.2700184 0.2498954 False 0() 0.7131196 True 1 False True
[LOG 18:32:03.841] [EL Workshop] Kerbal: Camfield Kerman 0.2694468 0.9681693 False 0() 0.4779868 True 1 False True

The fields are:

• crew.name
  • stupidity
  • courage
  • isBadass
  • experience(expstr)
  • contribution
  • EL_Utils.HasSkill<ExConstructionSkill> (crew)
  • crew.experienceLevel
  • enableSkilled
  • SupportInexperienced
6 hours ago, MatterBeam said:

What I meant about removing stupidity was to remove the entire 'stupidity impacts productivity' system entirely. Can that be done through .cfg file?

It cannot. This was a carefully considered design point.

You will just have to take your kerbals on training missions. While the gains are more significant for stupid kerbals, all kerbals benefit from it, even smart, courageous, badass kerbals. Alternatively, you can keep them out of the way (low productivity workshops, non-workshop parts, or even a separate vessel).

Another option is to install KerbalStats and leave your stupid kerbals (or any others you wish to improve) sitting in an appropriately configured workshop for a while (look in GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/seat_tasks.cfg and GameData/KerbalStats/seat_tasks.cfg).

I'm getting this error:

[EXC 00:02:28.791] ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.Recipe].ContainsKey (System.String key)
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExRecipeLoader+<LoadPartRecipes>c__Iterator4.MoveNext ()

TechWolf22: as others have said, it's a USI/OSE thing. You will need to ask in those threads.

EL is affected by them by design: that is the recipe system working. I created it in response to RoverDude needing a way to replace RocketParts. [edit]Actually, not just RoverDude, but myself too. He encouraged me to get it done.

PyjackMeat: this is a known problem and should be fixed in git (I plan on getting a release out soon). In the meantime, you will need to check your installed mods for parts that have a MODULE block with no name = line, as this is the cause. Note that the problem MODULE may be in a module manager patch (though this is less likely). Check this post for more info: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/54284-105-extraplanetary-launchpads-v5294-exp/&do=findComment&comment=2360089

Edited by taniwha

On 1/24/2016 at 2:03 AM, taniwha said:

TechWolf22: as others have said, it's a USI/OSE thing. You will need to ask in those threads.

EL is affected by them by design: that is the recipe system working. I created it in response to RoverDude needing a way to replace RocketParts. [edit]Actually, not just RoverDude, but myself too. He encouraged me to get it done.

PyjackMeat: this is a known problem and should be fixed in git (I plan on getting a release out soon). In the meantime, you will need to check your installed mods for parts that have a MODULE block with no name = line, as this is the cause. Note that the problem MODULE may be in a module manager patch (though this is less likely). Check this post for more info: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/54284-105-extraplanetary-launchpads-v5294-exp/&do=findComment&comment=2360089

So when is this release?

Sorry, I've been rather busy with other stuff. I hope to get one out this weekend.

Also, a bit of important news: my github name (and thus any links using it) has changed from taniwha-qf to just taniwha. I'm currently working on updating links, though it seems the old name will redirect to the new for a while.

I have released version 5.2.95 of Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Changes from 5.2.94:

• Fix lost resources when recycling the root part of a vessel.
  • Fix an NRE and a segfault when attempting to recycle a recycling bin.
  • Make workshops use the same catch-up algorithm stock converters use.
  • Add a part filter category for EL items.
  • New part-filter icon for EL (correct size and colors (or lack thereof)).
  • Make the recipe loader more robust to cfg errors.

I've been sitting on these changes for a while, but only because I was busy with other stuff.

I have a quick question. Is there a way to secure a ship to the launchpad until it's released? Mine is kind of angled down a shallow slope, and my ship slowly starts sliding off as soon as I finalize the build, even before I release it. Adding launch clamps just makes everything explode. (I'm playing 1.0.4, by the way.)

That is very strange because EL already does that when using a launchpad.

You could instead use a survey station and stakes: launch clamps work very well with that combination (they tend to collide with the pad, but if there's no pad with which they can collide...). Note, however, that you may need a -Y bounds stake a little uphill, and maybe an appropriate combination of +/- X/Z bounds stakes.

On 1/23/2016 at 5:35 PM, TechWolf22 said:

Sorry about all the questions, but the only thing I can find about specialized parts is the inflatable workshop, and it just uses those to make material kits. How am i supposed to make specialized parts?

FYI there's now a path to this in UKS 0.33+ (and the same path works for OSE workshop).  But as noted, best to hop to the UKS thread for that :)

On 1/24/2016 at 9:03 PM, taniwha said:

Yep, and it's appreciated!

On that note, just my quarterly nudge about the resource chain for EL hard mode (since once that comes out, if it goes the CRP route, I'd want to adjust my stuff to be in sync).

RoverDude: I guess the recipes are working nicely for you. With your nudging, I'm sure hard-mode will get done eventually :).

Also, thanks for the reminder....

lukavago: If you have USI installed as well, USI will hide most of EL's parts. I'm not sure if it gets all of the tanks, though.

RoverDude(again): I just realized that there might be some fun with EL's part filter icon and USI. It flags all parts that have one of the EL part-modules attached as being EL, but it also checks for MetalOre/Metal/RocketParts (for tanks). Should I add a way to specify other resources, or do you think keeping USI storage and EL storage separate is a good idea?

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

With your nudging, I'm sure hard-mode will get done eventually :).

"Hard mode"? Sounds like "not fun mode". ;) I certainly hope any hard mode will be released as an optional extra, and remain that way, since I'm having plenty of fun and challenges with EL as-is. Building a 1300-ton (dry, according to KER) station doesn't need to be any harder! Like this little beauty...

Spoiler

XarpK9v.jpg

1982t of RocketParts... hmm. Think I might be waiting 100 days for Kerbin's best to put that together on Minmus. Anyway, EL is the only way I can satisfy my craving for monstrous stations, so, thank you Taniwha. :)

Edited by Bluebottle

13 hours ago, taniwha said:

lukavago: If you have USI installed as well, USI will hide most of EL's parts. I'm not sure if it gets all of the tanks, though.

That doesn't make sense to me, since I've had USI installed for a while, but I figured what the hell, give it a shot. I uninstalled the USI stuff, and low and behold, everything is right where it's supposed to be. No idea what happened, but it works, so I'm happy. Thanks for the advice.