[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

12 hours ago, escu said:

If you have EL and USI Kolonization, you will have both MetalOre and MetallicOre. In this case, EL adapts itself to use USI Kolonization resources and drills. So instead of MetalOre and RocketParts, you will have MetallicOre and ships are made with MaterialKits and SpecializedParts.

No USI (while interesting, I find it too dang complicated), just Community Resource Pack.

2 hours ago, cgwhite4 said:

What we need to do is wait for taniwha to diagnose and fix it.

Waiting on a patch then (good luck with that RL stuff, @taniwha). Ah well. Guess I'll kill time lobbing scansats and relays across the system in preparation.

Edited by Jarin

Source patch for augers in ksp-1.2.2:

Spoiler

diff --git a/Source/Converter/Extractor.cs b/Source/Converter/Extractor.cs
index 820abfa..46d9ea4 100644
--- a/Source/Converter/Extractor.cs
+++ b/Source/Converter/Extractor.cs
@@ -161,7 +161,7 @@ protected override ConversionRecipe PrepareRecipe(double deltaTime)
                                status = "Inactive";
                                return null;
                        }
-                       rate = amount * Efficiency;
+                       rate = amount * GetEfficiencyMultiplier();
                        return LoadRecipe(rate);
                }
        }

And rebuilt dll (just replace in GameData\ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads\Plugins\)

Good to hear.  Resource levels at my Minmus base are now too low to support another mission, but my Gilly base should still have one launch left in it (thanks in part to a procedure I used to suppress a Kraken), and the interplanetary alignment situation I currently have favors Gilly (destination will be Duna).  I've also got some space junk floating around Kerbin that I can work on de-orbiting (with a vessel that I launch from Kerbin).  Once the space around Kerbin is clean and my Gilly base is back to full crew compliment, my next target will be Moho, but those plans would be going nowhere without working augers.

It is my first time trying this. i built a test design with every part of the mod attached, with kerbals inside the blue construction worshop, with everything full (ore, metal ore, parts, electricity) with a orbital Construction Pad and launchpad attached. I begin my construction in both pads, with the numbers in green (i suppose it means I have enough parts) but when the blue timelapse shows the percentage and time remaining, both are at 0% levels without ANY progress. Am I missing something here? Is it simply not working? I am running it at version 1.2 (wont update to 1.2.1 or 1.2.2.) Is this the problem? Because at the loading of the game it said something may be broken because  it was different version mod. But I can't seem to find any link to a prior version. The animations of the parts all work fine, and everything seems to work until no progress at all in the building of the ships happens. What should I do?

EDIT: I see in the right click menu of the blue construction workshop I have 0 productivity. I don't see any " efficiency " as someone said to chek. I currently have only one engineer level 0 and all pilots ( I dpn't have any experienced engineer around at this point. May be this the problem? shouldn't it be working nevertheless, even at lowest speeds or what?

Edited by Agustin

13 minutes ago, Agustin said:

I currently have only one engineer level 0 and all pilots ( I dpn't have any experienced engineer around at this point. May be this the problem?

Yep. Courage and stupidity is also matters. So if your smart engineer gives +0.5 productivity and 2 stupid pilots -0.3 each - you will get 0  total productivity. 

4 minutes ago, Siama said:

Yep. Courage and stupidity is also matters. So if your smart engineer gives +0.5 productivity and 2 stupid pilots -0.3 each - you will get 0  total productivity. 

So How can i See hoe much produtivity gives me my engineer? I Have installed kerbalStats but I don't understand what it does. Where are the stats showing? In the right click mouse over the workshop? I only see productivity and it is 0. Only way getting it higher is with more experienced engineer? not a drop of productivity? why does it say my engineer can work in a "fully equiped" workshop? What is "fully Equipped" Thanks for the quick andswer I jus want to test this and I can't get any experience engineer yet available.

I do have 2.7.5
I am trying to edit persistent.sfs to level up my engineer and retry.
But I think something IS wrong here too, right? 

I have just edited my engineer and it has 3 level stars. Still 0 production.

Edited by Agustin

Ok I think I just figured it out. I was using only one Engineer. As soon as I got an engineer plus a scientist ( i had not another engnineer available ) it did the trick. I was crazy removing every other mod to see if there was anything causing an incompability, but it was just that simple. Two kerbals inside he workshop. What a waste of time I can't believe it. Now I have to sleep tomorrow I will test this amazing mod. 

So EL 1.2.1 works with USI mods but the thing i don't get is vessel productivity, it should be based on stupidity, crew's star levels, and class. A non stupid 5 star engineer should provide the most productivity from what i understand. In my game engineers have zero affect on productivity while pilots & scientists do have an affect. What is wrong here? Why do engineers not affecting productivity? 

Edited by protoz

6 hours ago, protoz said:

So EL 1.2.1 works with USI mods but the thing i don't get is vessel productivity, it should be based on stupidity, crew's star levels, and class. A non stupid 5 star engineer should provide the most productivity from what i understand. In my game engineers have zero affect on productivity while pilots & scientists do have an affect. What is wrong here? Why do engineers not affecting productivity? 

There is/was a bug in the previous version of EL in that Module manager was not applying the skill set patch, the bug was being hidden if you had kerbalstats installed. There is a PDF in the install folder that covers the skill side of it

so.. is this still incompatible with 1.2.2?  I heard that, for a while there, with 1.2.2, EPL wouldn't actually build anything.. is that still true or can I go ahead and install this now?  or should I wait a while longer?

4 hours ago, ss8913 said:

so.. is this still incompatible with 1.2.2?  I heard that, for a while there, with 1.2.2, EPL wouldn't actually build anything.. is that still true or can I go ahead and install this now?  or should I wait a while longer?

It builds things just fine for me. Sometimes I have a problem loading tanks on release that's all.

2 minutes ago, Jengaleng said:

I just logged into my save and my space stations could not be loaded because "Smelter, Exlaunchpad, workshop" could not be loaded. 

Haven't changed anything since the last time I've played so it doesn't make much sense why the mod would stop working. 

Something changed. Those errors are generally when ksp can't find the files for the parts. Double check your install