[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

14 minutes ago, Canberra_Gaming said:

@taniwha Are you going to be updating to 1.2 Anytime soon? Not trying to be rude or rush but I'm really looking forward to a few test runs for a series in the future

1.2 hasn't been released yet, many mods are supporting the current official version only. Please respect the author's wishes in this regard.

On 10/3/2016 at 10:33 AM, taniwha said:

It's not that bad: all you need is mono, git, make and bash. All are available on windows.

So... is there a good tutorial available on the forums on getting an environment spun up for mod development?  That seems the biggest disincentive for me, the amount of putzing around I'd have to do to figure it all out.  I can infer one from mono, git, make, and bash, but if someone has documented the process (or their process) somewhere then that could be a great help.

If not, then I might do so as I figure out my own setup, but reducing the friction for getting started would really be handy.

5 hours ago, Xavier Laxworm said:

Im trying to use the stakes and i can put them down. However, I cant use them, the survey station doesn't exist in my KSP (using 5.4 btw) Also some of your links are a bit out of date. Cheers

Hi Xavier. How was your mod installed? you can't use the stakes with out the survey station. Try reinstalling it with a mod manager.

3 hours ago, Gilsaa said:

I cant build ships with my orbital construction dock. 
It has all the parts it needs but the bar just says 0% (0s) when i press build.

Do any of you have an idea of what might have happened?

It should work with the right materials; crew and equipment. That said I found hauling materials to an orbital construction dock to be quite boring.

4 hours ago, Gilsaa said:

I cant build ships with my orbital construction dock. 
It has all the parts it needs but the bar just says 0% (0s) when i press build.

Do any of you have an idea of what might have happened?

Right-click on a part and look at the "Productivity: 0" number.  If it's zero you have too many stupid Kerbals on board.  You need smart Engineers (low stupidity level).

heres to hoping you and roverdude both get everything runnin smoothly. I wanna build rockets off planet. tho roverdudes new construction pack with its collapsing docking ports will make things interesting, port up a builder core then attach your modules without the bloody ship flexing apart, tho moar struts can help too.

I have released 5.5.0 of EL.

Changes from 5.4.0:

• Updated to work with KSP 1.2.
  • Documentation updates (still very WIP) (EL_Manual.pdf)
  • Widen build window, deal with amounts >1M (Henry Bauer)
  • Create stock toolbar icon if no Blizzy's toolbar (Henry Bauer, with tweaks by me)
  • Fix build field in AVC .version file.
  • Subassembly support removed (hopefully temporary, until I figure out how to deal with the changes in the craft loading dialog).
  • Mission flag selection support removed (temporary) due to changes in the craft loading dialog.

The documentation is written using LyX. It will eventually get diagrams and such. It is for both users and modders.

9 hours ago, taniwha said:

Changes from 5.4.0:

• Create stock toolbar icon if no Blizzy's toolbar (Henry Bauer, with tweaks by me)
  • Subassembly support removed (hopefully temporary, until I figure out how to deal with the changes in the craft loading dialog).
  • Mission flag selection support removed (temporary) due to changes in the craft loading dialog.

The documentation is written using LyX. It will eventually get diagrams and such. It is for both users and modders.

Love it.  Thank you.

9 hours ago, taniwha said:

Changes from 5.4.0:

Outstanding,  thank you for all your hard work :)

I am experiencing an issue with augers in 5.5.0.  I turn them on, but they indicate "stalled" and fail to produce Metal Ore.

The Metal Ore tanks in my base on Gilly (which is where the augers I am attempting to use are located) are not full, and I am able to perform resource transfers between them.  I have more than enough electricity for the augers to function, and I have verified that there is Metal Ore present at the location of my base.  Module Manager and KAS were already updated prior to installation of 5.5.0.  No other mods are present (I am not using the features that require KIS).

All other resource extraction/conversion at my Gilly base is working normally: Metal Ore can be converted to Metal and through the sequence of steps to build rockets, I was able to build one rocket without running out of resources, and I was able to fuel that rocket.  (I did experience a Kraken upon releasing it for launch, but after some trial and error, I was able to work around the Kraken by returning to Kerbal Space Center and coming back before any of my buildings were damaged.)  Unfortunately, my next planned launch really needs to be from Gilly (it absolutely cannot be from Kerbal Space Center due to my use of inverted Big-S Delta Wings at the top of my craft to help stabilize it during retrograde Eve atmospheric entry), and I likely do not have enough resources left on-site to build the intended craft without getting my augers working again.

Confirmative: augers are broken. 

Question: Why not to use stock deploying drills models and ModuleResourceHarvester for MetalOre harvesting? It will solve major half of the problems.

Edited by Dr. Jet