[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

@BRAAAP_STUTUTU: while it is (woefully) incomplete, EL_Manual.pdf (in the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads directory) has a section on using the stakes. A more up-to-date version (possibly too recent as it reflects unreleased changes in some parts) is linked from the OP. The basic idea is you get your kerbals to run around the ground placing survey stakes. and you then use a survey station to build your vessel at the location marked out by the stakes (both position and orientation are controllable). There is the catch that the vessel will be spawned empty of most resources (SolidFuel and Ablator are the exceptions for stock resources). This should not be a problem because you need to have KIS installed to use the survey system (KIS is used to place the stakes), and if you installed KIS, you probably installed KAS as well, so connecting the new vessel to your base should not be a problem.

Of very important note is that survey builds support launch clamps (and the launch clamps will extend as appropriate), which can be useful for many things.

39 minutes ago, taniwha said:

@BRAAAP_STUTUTU: while it is (woefully) incomplete, EL_Manual.pdf (in the ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads directory) has a section on using the stakes. A more up-to-date version (possibly too recent as it reflects unreleased changes in some parts) is linked from the OP. The basic idea is you get your kerbals to run around the ground placing survey stakes. and you then use a survey station to build your vessel at the location marked out by the stakes (both position and orientation are controllable). There is the catch that the vessel will be spawned empty of most resources (SolidFuel and Ablator are the exceptions for stock resources). This should not be a problem because you need to have KIS installed to use the survey system (KIS is used to place the stakes), and if you installed KIS, you probably installed KAS as well, so connecting the new vessel to your base should not be a problem.

Of very important note is that survey builds support launch clamps (and the launch clamps will extend as appropriate), which can be useful for many things.

thanks for clearing that up

Hello,

I am playing a Kerbalism game and using Extraplanetary Launchpad to make ships offworld. However there is a non transferrable resource called  'Shielding' in Kerbalism. 

I was wondering if I could add a recipe for making 'Shielding' in the recipes.cfg, kind of how solid fuel and ablator is made.

I tried the following, but to no avail.

EL_ResourceRecipe
{
    name = Shielding  
             Resources
             {
                 RocketParts = 1
              }
}

Am I missing something? Do I have to mess around with Kerbalism's cfg too? Please help!

Anyone know what this is about? 

[LOG 21:43:57.688] ******* Log Initiated for Kerbal Space Program - 1.3.1.1891 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us *******
Kerbal Space Program - 1.3.1.1891 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8)
RAM: 16305
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (4060MB)
SM: 50 (Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8, ARGBInt, RGInt, RInt, BGRA32, RGB111110Float

Log started: Mon, Dec 11, 2017 21:43:57

[LOG 21:43:57.917] AppCanvas MASK: 3458764513820540928
[WRN 21:43:57.924] [SpaceNavigatorWindows]: Could not initialize device.

[LOG 21:43:57.927] MainCanvas MASK: 3458764513820540928
[LOG 21:43:57.930] PhysicsGlobals: Loading database
[LOG 21:43:57.943] ActionCanvas MASK: 3458764513820540928
[ERR 21:43:58.578] FontLoader: Bundle is null

[WRN 21:44:00.835] Cannot create config from file 'C:\ksp-win64-1.3.1\Stock Scaled Up\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\Patches\IntegrationLiquidFuel.cfg'.
[WRN 21:44:00.836] Cannot create config from file 'C:\ksp-win64-1.3.1\Stock Scaled Up\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\Patches\IntegrationLiquidFuelOxidizer.cfg'.
[WRN 21:44:00.837] Cannot create config from file 'C:\ksp-win64-1.3.1\Stock Scaled Up\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\Patches\IntegrationXenon.cfg'.
[WRN 21:44:00.839] Cannot create config from file 'C:\ksp-win64-1.3.1\Stock Scaled Up\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\Patches\Jettison.cfg'.
[WRN 21:44:00.840] Cannot create config from file 'C:\ksp-win64-1.3.1\Stock Scaled Up\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\Patches\XenonTank.cfg'.
[WRN 21:44:00.841] Cannot create config from file 'C:\ksp-win64-1.3.1\Stock Scaled Up\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\CCFULLSetups.cfg'.
[WRN 21:44:00.843] Cannot create config from file 'C:\ksp-win64-1.3.1\Stock Scaled Up\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\CTFULLSetups.cfg'.
[WRN 21:44:00.845] Cannot create config from file 'C:\ksp-win64-1.3.1\Stock Scaled Up\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\ISTFULLSetups.cfg'.
[WRN 21:44:00.846] Cannot create config from file 'C:\ksp-win64-1.3.1\Stock Scaled Up\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\PGTFULLSetups.cfg'.
[WRN 21:44:00.847] Config in file 'C:\ksp-win64-1.3.1\Stock Scaled Up\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\RFCFULLSetups.cfg' contains no data.
[WRN 21:44:00.849] Cannot create config from file 'C:\ksp-win64-1.3.1\Stock Scaled Up\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch\PatchManager\TankRevampPatches.cfg'.
[WRN 21:44:02.673] Config in file 'C:\ksp-win64-1.3.1\Stock Scaled Up\GameData\SXT\Parts\Aviation\Aero\Wing\elevon2.cfg' contains no data.
[WRN 21:44:02.821] Config in file 'C:\ksp-win64-1.3.1\Stock Scaled Up\GameData\SXT\Patches\ModCompatibility\WIP\Nukes\NFE.cfg' contains no data.
[WRN 21:44:02.896] Cannot create config from file 'C:\ksp-win64-1.3.1\Stock Scaled Up\GameData\TweakScale\Examples.cfg'.

I can build it.  When I click 'Finalize Build', no matter the craft, it always crashes to desktop.   

There is a small amount of storage in the smelters, and I am working on some new parts, but in the meantime your best is to use Tailisar Parts and Modular Fuel Tanks (TP has tanks that are configured for MFT with the possibility to add all EL resources to the tanks).

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, you are right. I managed eventually to get my productivity up by kicking out some stupid pilot and having one one star engineer more and constructed my first ever mini vessel from my station that is now orbiting Mun. I moved my entire station from orbit of Kerbin, to orbit of Mun so I could get close to the engineer I had over the surface with a low deltaV ship, but it was enough to give my kerbal a push, and then I propelled with my spacesuit into orbit! then reached my station with the little monopropellant I had left and voilá! I had the productivity needed, Then with my first constructed mini vessel I went to Duna and landed my stupid unwanted conterproductive Kerbal. I needed him very far away from my station.... 

Edited by Agustin

I'm having a bit of trouble with this mod. Everything works except for the recycle bin. While it will make parts of a ship disappear and if those parts store fuel or electricity it will transfer those resources to the ship with the recycle bin the parts themselves do not get turned into scrap metal or metal or rocket parts or anything. I have read about the recipes and have modified the recipe file so that it produces Metal but that didn't work. I have also made a ship which can store Scrape Metal, Metal, AND Rocket Parts and the recycler never produces any of them. Even the log file says that the resources are being transferred as far as I can tell. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Below is a section of my log file showing a part being recycled by the Recycle Bin:

Spoiler

[EL RSM] event: Resources Transferred

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[EL RSM] event: Parts Exhausted

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.RefractionCamera.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

[PartSet]: Recreating part sets for vessel Charon Mk3

IR: [ServoController] OnVesselUnloaded, v=Charon Mk3 Debris

Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Tundra.Workshop250' is inactive!

(Filename:  Line: 738)

Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Tundra.AssemblyPlant' is inactive!

Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Ranger.Workshop' is inactive!

[EL RSM] event: Enter Field

[EL RSM] event: Part Selected

[EL RSM] PartResources: TAL.Large.Cargo.Frame 0

[EL RSM] event: Resources Collected

[EL RSM] onleave_processing_part

[PartSet]: Recreating part sets for vessel Charon Mk3

[TAL.Large.Cargo.Frame]: Deactivated

Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Tundra.Workshop250' is inactive!

Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Tundra.AssemblyPlant' is inactive!

Coroutine couldn't be started because the the game object 'Ranger.Workshop' is inactive!

Trajectories: Initializing cache

Oops. I'm an idiot. I forgot that USI changes the resources for this mod to their own resources. Never mind. I'll just go off now and be embarrassed. :blush:

Edited by GuyOfNew
Solved! Sorry. I'm an idiot.

I'm having trouble installing the mod. I'm running KSP 1.3.1 on a 64 bit Mac OS Sierra and as far as I can tell everything I have is up to date; however, when I load up the game half of the Extraplanetary Launchpads parts are missing. 

This is how my Gamedata Folder looks

Community category kit 2.0.2 – KSP 1.3.0
Community resource pack 0.7.2 – KSP 1.3.0
Extraplanetary_Launchpads_v5.9.0  –KSP 1.3.1
KIS_v1.9 – KSP 1.3.1
KAS_v0.6.3 – KSP 1.3.1
Module manager 3.0.1 – KSP 1.3.1
Squad

Here is a Google Drive Link to a copy of my Gamedata folder for reference
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ENv8rcTykCS4Q9DEQBbuozYKmTadlyVv
If someone could help me out I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

I have a question: Can you mine metals from asteroids? I recently rendezvoused with one (a purple one, and my first asteroid:) but the drill I installed is saying there is no contact with the ground. Its well within the asteroid, and I have a small container for metal ore, but no joy on any resources. I'm not testing for fuel, just metal

On 12/2/2017 at 9:34 PM, taniwha said:

The idea of the pre-build GUI is to show you what resources your ship is capable of holding. The problem is the sliders are still usable (and do affect pad-builds), thus the confusion. The only reason I put that information in was so I could better verified I was building the correct craft by checking its storable resources.

Would it be possible to simply grey out/disable the sliders when picking the ship design for a survey station?

I feel like that would get the idea of can't-auto-fill-it-with-resources across while still giving that warm fuzzy feeling of security knowing you've got the right sort of craft.

On 1/25/2018 at 4:30 PM, Eskandare said:

Does anyone have BahamutoD's drill parts? The link is broken and I can't find it anywhere else.

Try that perhaps

Edited by suicidejunkie
Avoiding double post