[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Mechfan: that's beginning to sound like you might be running into memory constraints (KSP's 4GB limit). I have had some very strange things happen due to that, though not your particular issue. It might be advisable to trim out some parts you don't plan on using.

taniwha: that makes sense for my laptop (I have pretty much the same setup for both) but the laptop has only 4gb, but my desktop has more, so ksp doesn't share RAM with other things.

I've checked while booting, I don't tend to top 2gb of ram on my desktop, especially after I got that RAM saver mod thing.

but the only effected save, while being my sandbox, was relatively new, so I have no problems starting over.

I was tempted to reply without quoting, but....

Not to derail the thread, but is there a reason nobody's using the "quote" functionality of the forum? It's almost impossible to follow these conversations.

Maybe nobody thought anything was worth quoting. *shrug*

I've released version 3.5 of Extraplanetary Launchpads. Links in the first post.

This is mostly a bug-fix release.

• The release mechanism when building in orbit now works without having to save and reload.
  • Huge hexcans now come full. Thanks to xyztdev.
  • Struts and fuel-lines on subassemblies improved, but not properly fixed. Warrantee void if subassemblies have struts or fuel-lines.
  • Missing parts now in the tech tree. Thanks Kevin.
  • Tech tree integration now spreads parts around the tree. Thanks Alacrity. (He did it as an MM patch, I made it default).

I have changed my packaging process, so if there are any problems (missing parts etc), please let me know.

I was going to make a tutorial, but the SINGLE ship I made on the launchpad exploded and took the launchpad with it.

Unless it explodes on the launch pad, taking the pad with it.

I'm having the same problems here. Any object I create goes haywire, whether I built them in Kerbin or Mun. my rover, as soon as it spawns, it's tires are blown right away, and about a second after it's spawning it either goes spinning into space, or explodes (somehow suddenly moves into the launchpad. The only way to circumvent it is to built in awkward ways with supporting struts as to evade the platform as much as possible.

Also, when I return to the space-hangar, my last spawned vehicle is there, but its in the floor (it's main part (that is selected first during creating) is at ground level). I made sure the platform was horizontal. I'm using version 3.5 on KSP 0.22. An example of the error-log is attached.

Any idea?

s4ujbm.png

With the new update I decided to try this again, and I'm having an all new problem:

I cannot figure out a way to get this to work without KAS. Is KAS actually *required* or is it physically possible to get a docking port attached to the launchpad somewhere usable? I only see 3 attachment points, and 2 of them are 10-20 meters away from the launchpad.

I actually built a workable workshop/smelter/auger combination but from what I can tell, the launchpad MUST be separate and MUST be attached via KAS as there is no other option. Am I missing something obvious? I feel like I am.

7499275: Kethane is (and probably always will be) required for full functionality. The OP is a work in progress. I didn't show screenshots of a surface base because I didn't use many stock EL parts for my last surface base.

5thHorseman: No need for KAS for orbital construction, but trying to do surface construction without KAS... I'd rather have a root canal (without anesthetic).

Rotary: The wheel collider errors look most... "interesting". I need to do some more landed testing, I hadn't done any this release as it was all orbital related changes (actual code).

MrChumley: I like your smelter! Although, it seems odd to run something off of chemical fuels in space when solar power is free.

It only seems odd if you forget that to get the kind of energy needed to heat something to 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit, a solar array would be a few city blocks in size...

Awesome array... Pain in the rear to construct.

Besides... Solar panels don't work in the dark. Gotta' have power at night.

7499275: Kethane is (and probably always will be) required for full functionality. The OP is a work in progress. I didn't show screenshots of a surface base because I didn't use many stock EL parts for my last surface base.

5thHorseman: No need for KAS for orbital construction, but trying to do surface construction without KAS... I'd rather have a root canal (without anesthetic).

Rotary: The wheel collider errors look most... "interesting". I need to do some more landed testing, I hadn't done any this release as it was all orbital related changes (actual code).

Well to be honest, I thought the fact it is created below the launchpad is especially interesting.. Since it does that also with non-wheeled units. It's not just a rover bug, but with any ship I launch; it's created below the planet's surface..

Is there any smart way to avoid built vessels to instantly explode once the physics kick in?

I have a few vessels that will blow up every single time, no matter what, but others seem to work without a problem.

Have you tried building them with some stabilisers attached at the first stage? If they spawn in above the actual launchpad that way it might resolve the problem, albeit not fix it.

Tymon Tyco: I thought I had all the cases fixed. I'll be doing some more testing, but I have some plans that might get around the whole issue. There's the possibility that SpawnHeightOffset needs to be set in the pad's config (eg, SpawnHeightOffset = 1.0 in the ExLaunchPad module block).

Tymon Tyco: I thought I had all the cases fixed. I'll be doing some more testing, but I have some plans that might get around the whole issue. There's the possibility that SpawnHeightOffset needs to be set in the pad's config (eg, SpawnHeightOffset = 1.0 in the ExLaunchPad module block).

I am also still getting this problem. SpawnHeightOffset would be great to add to the launchpad, it would allow us to customise the fix to the severity of the problem in our client (it seems to differ).