[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

7 hours ago, Sezess said:

Yeah, Karobnite*

I should have also put "recently". The last update was for 1.0.5

I can try messing around with the two tonight to get some basic compatibility. All I would change would be instead of metalOre-metal-rocketParts it would be Karbonite-metal-rocketParts.

I'm also assuming that Karbonite is the only mod that you have that could affect EL (I'm too lazy to integrate overrides and checking)

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

21 hours ago, taniwha said:

Did you maybe set the LF and O sliders to 0 by mistake? Or maybe not have any on your station? Logs and maybe even screenshots (or even vid) showing what you're doing might help.

Seems the problem is with interstellar fuel switch, removed it from game and fuel seems to be working now (only tried 1 instance tho)

Agnemon

22 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

I can try messing around with the two tonight to get some basic compatibility. All I would change would be instead of metalOre-metal-rocketParts it would be Karbonite-metal-rocketParts.

I'm also assuming that Karbonite is the only mod that you have that could affect EL (I'm too lazy to integrate overrides and checking)

That would be great!

9 hours ago, Agnemon said:

Seems the problem is with interstellar fuel switch, removed it from game and fuel seems to be working now (only tried 1 instance tho)

Ah, I'd forgotten IFS caused problems (I'd heard mention of it before). Considering EL works well with Modular Fuel Tanks (and, I believe, Firespitter fuel tanks, but that might be mistaken), I'd suggest that the IFS maintainer needs to look into how IFS does its initialization: it's probably done in the wrong place.

4 hours ago, Das_Sheep said:

Anyone had an issue with when releasing items from the build UI from a survey stake when  you focus on the completed item it gets launched into space?

No but I can tell you with almost absolute certainty that it's because part of your ship is clipping into the ground. 

On 11/11/2016 at 10:47 AM, Das_Sheep said:

F9'ed to pre-deployment and actually paid attention. You are correct sir.

Next question: Is there a way to stop it happening?

when you placed the survey stakes which mode do you use?

Edited by schlosrat

Hey does anyone know how to make this work with stock `ore` rather than the `metal ore` this mod adds? I tried messing around with the .cfgs, changed all references of metalore to ore, but it does nothing but stop it working with either of them. guess the actual plugin plays a part in it..

Edit. Looks like it is possible to change the stock drills and converters to use metal ore, instead of the stock ore lol....I just think it is much easier to only have one resource to deal with to make rocket parts and also fuel, and the stock drills are much nicer...

Edited by beta546

Any wrong word / phrase is google translator's fault ... I do not know English but I understand by google translate:

I have USI Kolonization Systems installed, I know that MKS changes the features needed for building, Rockparts is replaced by MaterialKits, but EL parts dealing with ScrapMetal, Metal Ore, Metal and RocketParts do not change function and become useless ... They should not be hidden from my eyes at least as it says on the homepage? Because they are still in the VAB for me and are many pieces ... already thanks for the great mod.

Edited by ThRodrigues

1 hour ago, ThRodrigues said:

Any wrong word / phrase is google translator's fault ... I do not know English but I understand by google translate:

I have USI Kolonization Systems installed, I know that MKS changes the features needed for building, Rockparts is replaced by MaterialKits, but ELP parts dealing with ScrapMetal, Metal Ore, Metal and RocketParts do not change function and become useless ... They should not be hidden from my eyes at least as it says on the homepage? Because they are still in the VAB for me and are many pieces ... already thanks for the great mod.

You can remove the EPL parts from the parts folder if you don't wan to see them.

1 hour ago, ThRodrigues said:

I have USI Kolonization Systems installed, I know that MKS changes the features needed for building, Rockparts is replaced by MaterialKits, but ELP parts dealing with ScrapMetal, Metal Ore, Metal and RocketParts do not change function and become useless ... They should not be hidden from my eyes at least as it says on the homepage? Because they are still in the VAB for me and are many pieces ... already thanks for the great mod.

If I remember correctly, RoverDude stopped making MKS hide EL parts because people would not realize that MKS was hiding them. They would then report it as a bug. Basically, all of the EL parts have MKS equivalents EXCEPT the mallet and survey stake. All of the rest can be deleted. 

so I'm a little confused, I built a vessel to launch into orbit with a recycle bin(large) attatched to the front to clear some of the debris of my previous missions, I have a msv 2000 metal container (blue) on the vessel to store the recycled materials gained.

the recycler 'grabs' the debris (old launch stages/fairings etc) and procedes to 'eat it up' however the msv2000 never gains metal.

so in effect my debris is being deleted.

have I got the wrong container?

[Bug report]

When releasing craft with wheels or landing legs, they often get caught inside the launchpad/runway and are violently thrown into the air, landing upside down and usually damaged to the point of being inoperable.

[Bug report]

Turning on the engine of a craft spawned from a launch pad or runway does nothing - no thrust is produced and no fuel is used. This bug only occurs when the craft isn't thrown violently into the air

Edited by Fireheart318

On 7/9/2016 at 5:02 PM, taniwha said:

(just to cover it here) As mentioned in the UKS thread, the solution is to create a resource recipe for ReplacementParts. This will cause EL to make ReplacementParts a required resource and thus part of the build rather than an optional (transferable) resource.

However, going by your description of the issue, my advice of making ReplacementParts self-dependent will cause problems, so definitely put more appropriate source resources in the recipe.

Hey Taniwha, did this bug between UKS and EL ever get fixed or addressed?  It seems to still be a problem, even when using all the latest versions.

if you use UKS and launch build a craft with EL, most of the UKS parts will be created in the "Broken!" state because of the way UKS implements the Wear mechanic via a hidden (weightless, massless) resource of ReplacementParts.