[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Oh, I should add: bases on launch clamps can make for some pretty awesome screenshots :)

stiltbase1.jpg

stiltbase2.jpg

I do plan on making a special purpose part for the job (to avoid the risk of staging).

Edited by taniwha

On 12/3/2016 at 4:27 PM, taniwha said:

@Jaxx: IP address had changed. I've updated DNS so it should be working again.

I'm still having problems resolving taniwha.org so I haven't been able to d/l this, is it hosted anywhere else?

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping google.com

Pinging google.com [216.58.193.78] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 216.58.193.78: bytes=32 time=44ms TTL=54
Reply from 216.58.193.78: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=54
Reply from 216.58.193.78: bytes=32 time=56ms TTL=54
Reply from 216.58.193.78: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 216.58.193.78:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 28ms, Maximum = 56ms, Average = 39ms

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping taniwha.org
Ping request could not find host taniwha.org. Please check the name and try again.

@taniwha I'm sure you are aware but I am also unable to access the DL at this time :( 

Spoiler

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at http://taniwha.org/~bill/Extraplanetary_Launchpads_v5.5.4.zip might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

My ISP went and changed my IP on me again. It will remain stable for months on end, maybe with the occasional change, then churn a bit every now and then. I've updated the bits that need updating, so hopefully it will work again.

Hey,

Is EL uncompatible with some others mods ?

I recently upgraded my version to the last one, 5.5.4 cause the recycle bin wasn't working (things went into, but no scrap metal was generated, I didn't find where was written the version on this EL ...)

But now nothing is working, I have simply no GUI to use them ... RecycleBin can't be activate, Workshop neither, and those parts were working well in my last version (well not the generation of scrap metal ..)

Did I do something wrong ?

1 hour ago, Saira76 said:

Hey,

Is EL uncompatible with some others mods ?

I recently upgraded my version to the last one, 5.5.4 cause the recycle bin wasn't working (things went into, but no scrap metal was generated, I didn't find where was written the version on this EL ...)

But now nothing is working, I have simply no GUI to use them ... RecycleBin can't be activate, Workshop neither, and those parts were working well in my last version (well not the generation of scrap metal ..)

Did I do something wrong ?

Yes probably.

If you actually want some help you would probably need to provide some more information.  KSP version, other mods, Screenshot of your gamedata folder etc.

@Saira76. Just a heads up. The recycle bin never has produced scrap metal, only metal. If you have no storage space for "Metal" then you will get no return on recycling.

The only producer of scrap metal is the workshops in the manufacture of rocket parts, again, if you have no storage for scrap metal then that production is lost. The only way to convert scrap metal is via the smelter, which converts it back to metal

5 minutes ago, Agnemon said:

@Saira76. Just a heads up. The recycle bin never has produced scrap metal, only metal. If you have no storage space for "Metal" then you will get no return on recycling.

The only producer of scrap metal is the workshops in the manufacture of rocket parts, again, if you have no storage for scrap metal then that production is lost. The only way to convert scrap metal is via the smelter, which converts it back to metal

I thought recycling, like producing rocket parts, makes scrap metal & metal?

Actually, it's easy enough to make the recycler produce scrap metal instead of metal, just edit GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Resources/Recipes.cfg to change the Metal = 8 line in the RocketParts EL_RecycleRecipe node to read ScrapMetal = 8.

I wanted to do it a long time ago, but I was worried about breaking people's saves as they would suddenly need much more scrap metal storage and a smelter to process it.

As for 1.2.2, I'll get to that as soon as I can. I'm a little busy with some other RL stuff at the moment.

On 12/8/2016 at 8:58 AM, DStaal said:

Three posts above yours the mod author said he'll get to it as soon as he has a chance.  So: Not yet.

So it's not just a warning, it actually stops functioning? Dangit, no manufacturing outpost for me yet. Oh well, I can be patient. 

Sorry, I still haven't been able to do any testing in 1.2.2 (not yet installed, but I do have it downloaded). I hope to get RL things sorted out this weekend, then I'll be able to check things out.

In the meantime, try EL in a test save. Odds are, if it loads, it will work. And since EL was complaining about the version, it seems it loads. However, I certainly want to know if there are any issues.

Hello,

On 07/12/2016 at 11:40 PM, goldenpsp said:

Yes probably.

If you actually want some help you would probably need to provide some more information.  KSP version, other mods, Screenshot of your gamedata folder etc.

I found what was my problem, I didn't have the 2.7.5 version of ModuleManager, so that's solved ^^

On 08/12/2016 at 3:16 AM, Agnemon said:

But well, I still don't get anything from my recycle bin, I can see the Electric Charge that is used by the recycle bin (I think ...) but, I got nothing in my HexCan.

Thanks for the quick answer btw !

That's not really my case haha :)

I have another auger issue.  This time, it continues to indicate inactive and the button continues to say start instead of stop (even though the animation starts).  Most importantly, no metal ore is produced.  Pressing the button again has no effect: the button still reads start, the animation continues, and metal ore is not produced.  This time, I initially observed the problem at my Minmus base, but tested my Gilly base, and got the same result.  As before, I am able to continue with my current mission due to having sufficient resources in my tanks to build the needed craft, but the bug will become problematic for future missions.  This is likely related to the release of KSP 1.2.2, as this is the first time I have attempted to use augers since then.

Hi

I have a weird issue with EL. I have a base on Minmus, I use the MKS Duna Pioneer module as Survey Station. I built quite a few things at stakes, then I decide to build a new module for the base. I do a quicksave, put the stake and build the module, then I realize I didn't add an important item on that module. So I press F9, reload, put the stake again... and the UI doesn't see stakes anymore.

I backed up everything, erased and reinstalled the game and all mods. Kept just the savegame. The problem persists after fresh install. This happened with El 5.5.3. Updated manually to 5.5.4. Problem remains.

IdB8dB5.png

MJdtjW3.png

Edited by escu
typos

escu: I see you are using some mods other than EL's prerequisites.  You should probably list those (and their version numbers) so taniwha knows the relevant situation on your computer exactly.  If the problem happens to be a mod conflict, he will likely need this information to diagnose it correctly.  Thanks to your screenshots, I see you are running Flight Engineer (which I do not have).  I do not recognize those gold domes in your base.  What mod are those from?

The gold domes are, like most of the other parts of the base, from USI Kolonization System (MKS/OKS). They just have the lights on, makes it easier to land ships near the base in the night :)

As for the mods list, I have quite some:

YPl7BFK.png

Right now, EL is 5.5.4, CKAN listing is wrong. All this setup worked perfect until that quicksave/reload.

I have noticed in the log file that when I open the UI, this message is thrown:

[EXC 23:39:28.098] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.DropDownList.DrawBlockingSelector ()
	ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExBuildWindow.SelectPad_start ()
	ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExBuildWindow.WindowGUI (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

This is the Survey Stake in the savegame (persistent.sfs)

VESSEL
		{
			pid = a764681a34dd4644a948068421ad883b
			name = Survey Stake
			type = Unknown
			sit = LANDED
			landed = True
			landedAt = 
			splashed = False
			met = 106.11999762803316
			lct = 19179048.9287121
			lastUT = 19179155.048709728
			root = 0
			lat = -7.1364972279061112
			lon = -8.3140652392637175
			alt = 0.2209672605531523
			hgt = 0.200004295
			nrm = 1.75833702E-06,1,-2.62260437E-06
			rot = 0.490510881,0.500442266,-0.567072451,0.4328807
			CoM = 0,0,0
			stg = 0
			prst = False
			ref = 0
			ctrl = False
			cPch = 0
			cHdg = 0
			cMod = 0
			ORBIT
			{
				SMA = 30043.87123568328
				ECC = 0.99708687660723128
				INC = 7.1364972279060632
				LPE = 90.000000000003496
				LAN = 215.04775494643167
				MNA = -3.1415926535865126
				EPH = 19179155.048709728
				REF = 3
			}
			PART
			{
				name = ExSurveyStake
				cid = 4294824976
				uid = 1427012726
				mid = 3063283464
				launchID = 99
				parent = 0
				position = 0,0,0
				rotation = 0,0,0,1.00000012
				mirror = 1,1,1
				symMethod = Radial
				istg = -1
				resPri = 0
				dstg = 0
				sqor = -1
				sepI = -1
				sidx = -1
				attm = 1
				srfN = srfAttach, -1
				mass = 0.00163800002
				shielded = False
				temp = 280.84797351946293
				tempExt = 280.85177712446654
				tempExtUnexp = 280.84269130936656
				expt = 0.5
				state = 0
				attached = True
				autostrutMode = Off
				rigidAttachment = False
				flag = Squad/Flags/default
				rTrf = ExSurveyStake
				modCost = 0
				EVENTS
				{
				}
				ACTIONS
				{
				}
				PARTDATA
				{
				}
				MODULE
				{
					name = ModuleKISItem
					isEnabled = True
					staticAttached = True
					stagingEnabled = True
					EVENTS
					{
					}
					ACTIONS
					{
					}
					UPGRADESAPPLIED
					{
					}
				}
				MODULE
				{
					name = ExSurveyStake
					isEnabled = True
					bound = False
					use = 0
					stagingEnabled = True
					EVENTS
					{
					}
					ACTIONS
					{
					}
					UPGRADESAPPLIED
					{
					}
				}
				MODULE
				{
					name = USI_ModuleRecycleablePart
					isEnabled = True
					stagingEnabled = True
					EVENTS
					{
					}
					ACTIONS
					{
					}
					UPGRADESAPPLIED
					{
					}
				}
				MODULE
				{
					name = ModuleTripLogger
					isEnabled = True
					stagingEnabled = True
					EVENTS
					{
					}
					ACTIONS
					{
					}
					Log
					{
						flight = 0
						0 = Land,Minmus
					}
					UPGRADESAPPLIED
					{
					}
				}
			}
			ACTIONGROUPS
			{
				Stage = False, 0
				Gear = False, 0
				Light = False, 0
				RCS = False, 0
				SAS = False, 0
				Brakes = False, 0
				Abort = False, 0
				Custom01 = False, 0
				Custom02 = False, 0
				Custom03 = False, 0
				Custom04 = False, 0
				Custom05 = False, 0
				Custom06 = False, 0
				Custom07 = False, 0
				Custom08 = False, 0
				Custom09 = False, 0
				Custom10 = False, 0
			}
			DISCOVERY
			{
				state = -1
				lastObservedTime = 0
				lifetime = Infinity
				refTime = Infinity
				size = 2
			}
			FLIGHTPLAN
			{
			}
			CTRLSTATE
			{
				pitch = 0
				yaw = 0
				roll = 0
				trimPitch = 0
				trimYaw = 0
				trimRoll = 0
				mainThrottle = 0
			}
			VESSELMODULES
			{
				FlightIntegrator
				{
				}
				ModuleSwapConverterUpdate
				{
				}
			}
		}

And the survey module of the Survey Station (also from the savegame):

MODULE
				{
					name = ExSurveyStation
					isEnabled = True
					StationName = Minmus One
					stagingEnabled = True
					filename = C:\Kerbal.Space.Program.v1.2.1.1604\saves\default\Ships\VAB\Medical Bay.craft
					flagname = Squad/Flags/default
					state = Idle
					paused = False
					KACalarmID = 
					EVENTS
					{
					}
					ACTIONS
					{
					}
					BuildCost
					{
						Required
						{
							BuildResrouce
							{
								name = MaterialKits
								amount = 16839.999215640164
							}
							BuildResrouce
							{
								name = SpecializedParts
								amount = 1113.7566407735987
							}
						}
						Optional
						{
							BuildResrouce
							{
								name = ElectricCharge
								amount = 5000
							}
						}
					}
					BuiltStuff
					{
						Required
						{
							BuildResrouce
							{
								name = Machinery
								amount = 0
							}
							BuildResrouce
							{
								name = Recyclables
								amount = 0
							}
							BuildResrouce
							{
								name = MaterialKits
								amount = 0
							}
							BuildResrouce
							{
								name = SpecializedParts
								amount = 0
							}
						}
						Optional
						{
						}
					}
					UPGRADESAPPLIED
					{
					}
				}

22 hours ago, cgwhite4 said:

I have another auger issue.  This time, it continues to indicate inactive and the button continues to say start instead of stop (even though the animation starts).  Most importantly, no metal ore is produced.  Pressing the button again has no effect: the button still reads start, the animation continues, and metal ore is not produced.  This time, I initially observed the problem at my Minmus base, but tested my Gilly base, and got the same result.  As before, I am able to continue with my current mission due to having sufficient resources in my tanks to build the needed craft, but the bug will become problematic for future missions.  This is likely related to the release of KSP 1.2.2, as this is the first time I have attempted to use augers since then.

Having the same issue with auger. No longer sees metal on my bases on minmus gilly and eve. Try ed reverting to older saves and same issue since patch