[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Try this https://www.dropbox.com/s/rizwmog9zjkxlxw/OreMM.cfg

It is a ModuleManager config for adding an ore converter to the kethane converter parts.

I just made and tested it. It works on my game using 23.5. You can open it and tweak the conversion numbers to your liking.

the only difference between our codes is the way we reference the part. I am using "@PART:Final[RocketBuilder]" since this is what the forum page on module manager seemed to say was correct. is it?

the only difference between our codes is the way we reference the part. I am using "@PART:Final[RocketBuilder]" since this is what the forum page on module manager seemed to say was correct. is it?

I haven't updated MM yet so I don't know for sure. I like to keep them as simple as possible. You can try it, if it works great.

It seems I got taken the wrong way. As I said, I am not unwilling to change it. though I admit that I'd rather not (but that's because I worry it might cause too much confusion). Also, I'd have to go through the effort of choosing a good color ramp (I think shades of rust would be good).

Now, if you were to be kind enough to supply me with a color-set... :)

Here's the color ramp that I currently use (which is an orange/rust color):

Resource = Ore

ColorFull = 1.0,0.415686275,0.0

ColorEmpty = 0.729411765,0.592156863,0.498039216

It's consistent with how Kethane does it's color ramp (dark/dull green = less Kethane than bright green). MKS uses a lot less metal so the very large quantities of EL don't really affect me, and there's no real benefit to MKS users to have a ton of metal since it's one of three components they need for the supply chain. Fallback is to ignore EL (and just have two things that are yellow), stomp over it (which boils down to which config gets loaded first), or use different resources (which is what I had originally until discovering EL existed, and decided it would be nicer to have a lot fewer resources in the game, not have multiple names for the same thing, and our masses were already the same).

ok im trying to build something in space. i have 35000+ parts of the needed 29000. i selected the ship i want to build and clicked build. the next thing it says is 0% and doesn't do anything else. what am i missing?

ok im trying to build something in space. i have 35000+ parts of the needed 29000. i selected the ship i want to build and clicked build. the next thing it says is 0% and doesn't do anything else. what am i missing?

Do you have both a workshop and an orbital dock?

If so, then odds are your kerbals are spending too much time looking for snacks among the rocket parts and too little doing anything productive. See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59545?p=1115402#post1115402 and the following posts.

@taniwha: Could something about the new productivity system be put in the first post? This seems to be the most FAQ on this thread.

ok i thought it was like the Orbital construction mod. didnt know you needed kerbins to do the work

thax a bunch

You can turn it off by making TimedBuilds = False by editing the persistence.sfs file (in notepad) I think... :D

Resource = Ore

That looks like it takes more spectrum, not less, but whatever. I'll take a look at the colors and if I like them (tbh, I don't see why not), I'll put them in.

If so, then odds are your kerbals are spending too much time looking for snacks among the rocket parts and too little doing anything productive.

Oh dear, that was funny :)

@taniwha: Could something about the new productivity system be put in the first post? This seems to be the most FAQ on this thread.

I certainly need to do something, and not just productivity. Can somebody get me a TARDIS, Delorian, or even a Pernese dragon? Heck, I'll settle for the Enterprise even.

I haven't updated MM yet so I don't know for sure. I like to keep them as simple as possible. You can try it, if it works great.

the purpose of the comment was that my code did not work. I cannot figure out why. your code does a module search and mine references a specific part. if two mods add two different versions of module manager, would that screw things up? due to the mechanics listed in the forum, I would doubt it.

After looking at the MM thread again the code you have posted is incorrect. It should read:

@PART[RocketBuilder]:Final

Did you try the one I made? I did it that way because I could never get yours to work properly. When I get home I will see what I can do with it

Edit: You wanted it added to the kethane converter right?

Also, could you post a download link to the file you made?

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

Did you try the one I made? I did it that way because I could never get yours to work properly. When I get home I will see what I can do with it

Edit: You wanted it added to the kethane converter right?

Also, could you post a download link to the file you made?

I am not a media buff, and it is a short file, so I shall just paste it here:

@PART:Final[RocketBuilder
]
{
MODULE
{
name = KethaneConverter
InputRates
{
Aluminium= 1.742
ElectricCharge = 7.5
}
OutputRatios
{
RocketParts = 0.9
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Aluminium
amount = 0
maxAmount = 256
}

}

I have not tried yours yet because I was not sure what it does

Resource = Ore

I just had a look at the colors in game. Nice choice. Nicer than what EL previously had. Yes, past tense: I've already committed and pushed the changes. They'll be in the next release.

I just had a look at the colors in game. Nice choice. Nicer than what EL previously had. Yes, past tense: I've already committed and pushed the changes. They'll be in the next release.

Thanks! I'll also double check my stuff to use the EL spawn rate, quantities, etc.

I am not a media buff, and it is a short file, so I shall just paste it here:

@PART[RocketBuilder]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = KethaneConverter
InputRates
{
Aluminium= 1.742
ElectricCharge = 7.5
}
OutputRatios
{
RocketParts = 0.9
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = Aluminium
amount = 0
maxAmount = 256
}

}

What mod does the aluminum come from? I have no way of testing this without knowing that.

I have not tried yours yet because I was not sure what it does

Mine adds the ability to convert ore to metal to the kethane converters. I can change it to make rocket parts also.

See if this works for you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lful935tcx0a1uy/ELP_MM.cfg

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

What mod does the aluminum come from? I have no way of testing this without knowing that.

the aluminum is from the interstellar mod

I tried yours. it also did not work. it looked like it was just a one line version of mine

Edited by klikkolee

the aluminum is from the interstellar mod

I tried yours. it also did not work. it looked like it was just a one line version of mine

After a small amount of testing, I got it to work but only with resources that use the kethane API. I only tested the aluminum. Will test more of intersteller's when I get off work.

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

After a small amount of testing, I got it to work but only with resources that use the kethane API. I only tested the aluminum. Will test more of intersteller's when I get off work.

A lot of Interstellar's fuels are STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH, so it's possible that the module is working but you need fuel lines to access the resource.

Has anyone found an easy way to level your launchpads? My bigger rockets keep tipping over and crashing when they spawn. Or does everybody just fly resources into orbit and construct there?

Has anyone found an easy way to level your launchpads? My bigger rockets keep tipping over and crashing when they spawn. Or does everybody just fly resources into orbit and construct there?

I do that second thing, except on the really small moons like Gilly.

I only build small things on surfaces, and detach them ASAP.

Unlike 5thHorseman (and most people, I think), I build almost exclusively from the surface. But I also operate almost exclusively from small moons like Bop, Pol, and Minmus. I justify that because they are well-placed for interplanetary flight and have low delta-V requirements for landing and orbiting. It also means that things fall over really really slowly or not at all in the low gravity. I build and immediately turn on SAS and things don't fall over.

My Laythe base that I'm in the process of building, on the other hand, is definitely going to have the same problem as you're having. I used kerbalmaps.com to find the place with the lowest slope but I'm still sitting at about 5 degrees. Taniwha mentioned that he plans to add the functionality to 'build' terrain and that should be the end of our leveling woes. Until then, I'm sticking Hooligan Labs airships on the top of my tall things to keep them upright. I suppose you could also use KAS ground pylons and pipes to build a wider base so that it can't fall until you click release. And then light engines and go quickly before it falls.