[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Three questions:

1) What are unskilled vs skilled workers?

2) What is the distinction between "can work" and "is always productive"?

3) What does productivity factor do, aside from defining fully equipped workshops? Is it a multiplier for the work done by all kerbals working inside that part, or a maximum total output for the part, or something else?

I'm assuming that unskilled are the pilots and scientists, not sure about your second question, and for your third, I think it has to do with where the kerbal in question is trying to work at, eg. the workshop is best, but even a command pod has some capability, even if its not much.

I think it has to do with where the kerbal in question is trying to work at, eg. the workshop is best, but even a command pod has some capability, even if its not much.

I understand this much, but I'm curious how exactly exactly it works. For example, does a workshop having a ProductivityFactor of 5 mean that each kerbal inside the worship has an output equivalent to 20 kerbals inside a command pod with a ProductivityFactor of 0.25?

Three questions:

1) What are unskilled vs skilled workers?

Skilled means the kerbal has the ExConstructionSkill effect (ie, is an engineer).

2) What is the distinction between "can work" and "is always productive"?

"can work" means the kerbal's productivity is as per 4.0-4.5.0. "is always productive" plug's the kerbal's productivity into a function (0.5*((x2 + 1)0.5 + x), many might recognize it as the core of arsinh). This means that previously unproductive or counterproductive kerbal will be productive, and that previously productive kerbals will get a modest boost.

3) What does productivity factor do, aside from defining fully equipped workshops? Is it a multiplier for the work done by all kerbals working inside that part, or a maximum total output for the part, or something else?

It is a multiplier for the work done by kerbals in the part.

Note that there is likely to be some tweaking (mainly in the order of operations between workshop factor and the curve) as I have been unable to do proper play testing: my best engineers are level two and are twiddling their thumbs at KSC waiting for me to build a space plane that lives up to its name.

Also, there is a minor "easter egg" (more just a decent feature) for those using KerbalStats (which still contributes its experience system)).

Hi, I am sorry for bothering, but can please someone explain to me, how to get working EPL with karbonite only? When I try EPL 5.0.0, with Karbonite 0.5.1, I can't find a way to detect/mine Ore. I've tried it with and without EPL => Regolith adaptation.

Hi, I am sorry for bothering, but can please someone explain to me, how to get working EPL with karbonite only? When I try EPL 5.0.0, with Karbonite 0.5.1, I can't find a way to detect/mine Ore. I've tried it with and without EPL => Regolith adaptation.

Are you using MKS\OKS or just Karbonite and Regolith?

I use MKS\OKS. You need basically the 5 new Mk3 modules, and some drills, as well as the launchpad structure. This totally ignores all life support considerations.

Mine everything, turn on the converters. Activate the launchpad. Open the EL controls, order the ship built, wait (could be a while) till it is done, launch.

Glubo, Regolith changed the way resources are displayed. It no longer uses the hotspots(beachballs) that were part of ORS.

With the Regolith adaption there are. Two ways, All the scanners (the OMD, and the karbonite scanner should detect ore) When you are in orbit, and right click the scanner it shows you a percentage of Ore in that area, With Regolith, all resources are biome based, so once you've determined there is ore in that biome you can land anwhere in that biome and get it.

EDIT: Screenshot of where the % is displayed

0UoJqyM.png

If you have Scansat 9.4 (dev version) it will also work to create a map of ore.

Make sure you are using the latest version of the Adaption if you just want Karbonite and EPL.

As NihilRex said, you can also use MKS to make Rocketparts now :D (With MKS you wont need anything else but MKS and EPL) The production chain is a lot more complex though. its no longer just Ore---> Metal---> Rocketparts. But MKS comes with some pretty new parts!

Edited by rabidninjawombat

Make sure you are using the latest version of the Adaption if you just want Karbonite and EPL.

Thanks very much problem was that somehow CKAN does not install latest version of Adaption correctly (although version fits), so installing it manually solved my problem.

Thanks very much problem was that somehow CKAN does not install latest version of Adaption correctly (although version fits), so installing it manually solved my problem.

O_o thanks, ill look into that. I didnt ever actually put it up on CKAN, someone musta done it for me, Which is fine, ill just make sure the latest version is up.

Since getting a level-1 engineer is trivial (put him in orbit, get him home), I don't see that as being too much of a problem.

I already have a base set up before updating to 0.90. When I do update, will my crew be randomly assigned occupations and start at level zero? Also, is there any mod out there that allows for real-time updating of levels so I don't have to ship my whole crew home and back again for them to level up?

Yea I haven't really seen the point of CKAN. It's not like it is hard to copy/paste mods to install, and I keep seeing CKAN causing more problems than it fixes. To each his own.

I already have a base set up before updating to 0.90. When I do update, will my crew be randomly assigned occupations and start at level zero? Also, is there any mod out there that allows for real-time updating of levels so I don't have to ship my whole crew home and back again for them to level up?

Unfortunately for you, yes, the assignments will be "random", and there is currently no way to level them up without returning to Kerbin. I have plans to address this, though (in another mod).

Hi taniwha,

I've run into a problem with EPL not recognizing the amount of rocket parts stored after building a vessel. I'm using EPL with MKS, but it seems to be an EPL issue.

I have a station with 9200 units of rocket parts stored. When I select the vessel and make it active, I'm able to construct something using EPL with no problem. However if I try to build a second vessel, the EPL build window shows zero rocket parts (even with a full load of rocket parts available.) When it shows zero RP available, building is not possible.

The only solution I've found for this is to switch active vessels or go back to the KSC. If I do that and then return to the construction vessel, EPL registers the proper number of RP and I'm able to build.

Build something -> switch vessel -> switch back -> build another vessel. And so on.

Here's a screenshot showing 9200 RP in storage but EPL not registering any. This occurs when using survey stakes or a launchpad.

rVUBzLD.png

I have seen that once. I don't know what goes wrong to cause it, but I do know why it needs the reload (btw, quicksave/quickload will fix it too).

For a variety of reasons (namely KSP's restrictions on resource flow) EL uses its own resource request system. Sometimes it doesn't register new resources.

Taniwha i posted an issue on github and several pages back, im not sure if this was suppose to be fixed in 5.0 from reading the changes but this is still a problem for MKS + EL.

- Filled containers cost the same as empty containers. Crafting a container costs 300 rocket parts, contents within the container: 9000 rocketparts, EL just magically created 8700 rocket parts for free.

D4n13l: oh, really? I happen to use quite a lot of mods with no issues. I suggest rather than giving a vague and nebulous "incompatible with a lot of mods", you list which mods and what goes wrong with them and EL. That would be much more helpful.

I know your project is very good and, in fact, is one of the ones I like .But when loading a ship full of pieces of different mods unlisted and no shortage of materials. Alomejor the error is mine, but I do not understand what happened to me pasó.No happened to me once