[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

On 1/1/2017 at 8:52 AM, superdavekerman said:

The Tourism contract pack offers a 'Space Camp' contract (repeatable every 40 days) that gives you 3 new recruits at the end.

Do you have a link? There may be an issue of where the recruit ends up.

Hey, ive been having some trouble with the mod where the vessel productivity in a workshop is stuck at 0. Ive gone into a sandbox and put in 5 kerbals (3 engineers, 1 pilot, 1 scientist) with low stupidity and a lot of rocket parts and still couldn't build anything off of the launchpad attached. i assume its a bug. is there something i can do to fix it? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=838298907 

@DarkFire393: Do you have Module Manager installed? Is it at least version 2.7.5? Is only one version of MM installed? In sandbox mode, you should be guaranteed of a positive productivity (everybody is 5-star, right?).

@marchingknight11: Check for an app-launcher button. As of EL 5.6.0, you can choose between using blizzy's toolbar and the app-launcher via EL's settings dialog (in the space center scene).

1 hour ago, Fireheart318 said:

I'm not sure if this has been talked about but a USI mod is rendering it impossible to build vessels. I've removed the file that flat-out deletes EL craft

What are you talking about? Ya MKS comes with a MKS_EL.cfg file that changes the resources needed to build crafts and deletes some of the EL parts, but it provides stuff needed to get the new resources and new parts to build with so I don't know what you mean by 'impossible'.

EDIT: btw I was the one who wrote the (second half of the) MKS_EL. cfg so if you think something is wrong let me know.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman
more info

2 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

What are you talking about? Ya MKS comes with a MKS_EL.cfg file that changes the resources needed to build crafts and deletes some of the EL parts, but it provides stuff needed to get the new resources and new parts to build with so I don't know what you mean by 'impossible'.

EDIT: btw I was the one who wrote the (second half of the) MKS_EL. cfg so if you think something is wrong let me know.

So it doesn't merk my bases now but it doesn't let me build things. I can't begin the build. I can select the vessel. This last part may be because the vessel I wanted to build was 5 small parts but the build time was 0

Also, if it's at all possible, a modified MKS_EL.cfg that doesn't disable EL would be great. I really have no idea what's going on here so ya

Just now, Fireheart318 said:

So it doesn't merk my bases now but it doesn't let me build things. I can't begin the build. I can select the vessel. This last part may be because the vessel I wanted to build was 5 small parts but the build time was 0

That's not an MKS problem. MKS only touches the resources needed. If you need help debugging your install, read 

20 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

Also, if it's at all possible, a modified MKS_EL.cfg that doesn't disable EL would be great. I really have no idea what's going on here so ya

Look at that, it does work.  Full USI constellation install (latest) and latest EL. Using MKS parts.

MXGu6SO.png

Edited by goldenpsp

23 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

But I'm using EL parts because that's what my bases are setup to use. I also don't like the MKS building parts as much

Doesn't matter.  MKS parts are just have the EL part configs added via modulemanager.

Yeah, there's nothing magical about EL parts that other mods can't use (heck, I've even documented how to do so).

Anyway, this reminds me: I need to get per-resource construction costs (ie, kerbal-hours) in.

So I'm having a problem using EPL that I haven't seen before. I'm using MKS as well, but I've checked through everything, and it should be fine on that end.

When opening the EPL UI, this is what greets me:

3BC7173D08EE53E036F034A8BAF7ACBDA89A4CF8

All mods I have are up to date, at least as far as CKAN states, anyone know what to do?
Thanks in advance.

Edit: I crosschecked with other bases on Minmus, none of them would let me build anything. Then I tried a space station around Kerbin, and no problem there, and when I returned, everything was back to normal. No idea what happened, but hey, problem solved!

Edit again: Problem is back, nothing I do seems to help.

Edited by Shawarmakriger

Is there anything that would cause a survey station's range to stay locked at 20 with a 3-star pilot inside? Or am I looking at a probable bug?

Edit: nevermind, this is borked, it's not detecting a survey stake less than 10m away. Gonna reinstall.

Edit2: that did it. 

Edited by Jarin

6 hours ago, taniwha said:

You will have to get me your KSP.log (preferably zipped) as an exception is being thrown somewhere.

Here you go, hope it's the right one :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10718223/KSP.zip

The craft in question is called Outpost Two - Lowlands, though the problem seems to have spread over several other crafts.

Edited by Shawarmakriger

@Shawarmakriger: Oh, that bug :/ (I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet, been testing other things, and forgot, sorry). Good news is there is a workaround (but you'll need to do it every time you run KSP): go to any pad, dock or survey site that doesn't have a broken window (just putting a lander can with an orbital dock on top on the KSC pad will do), bring up the window and turn off pad highlighting (the green light beside the pad selector (usually says pad-0)).

I suppose another workaround would be to put a pilot in your survey station.

15 minutes ago, taniwha said:

@Shawarmakriger: Oh, that bug :/ (I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet, been testing other things, and forgot, sorry). Good news is there is a workaround (but you'll need to do it every time you run KSP): go to any pad, dock or survey site that doesn't have a broken window (just putting a lander can with an orbital dock on top on the KSC pad will do), bring up the window and turn off pad highlighting (the green light beside the pad selector (usually says pad-0)).

I suppose another workaround would be to put a pilot in your survey station.

Tried that out, no luck.

Also, there is a pilot in the MKS Pioneer Module (Maxgrid Kerman), but no option there for the EPL UI, so I need to open it from the stock hotbar.

That doesn't matter of course, but perhaps it might help in troubleshooting.

If there's no option to open the UI via the right-click menu, then the part is neither survey station nor pad. This will be a problem in MKS, your installation, or even your assumptions (is the Pioneer Module supposed to be a survey station?).

I wasn't being precise enough, the Pioneer module is a survey station, has a pilot in it too. The option to open via the right-click menu is sometimes there, sometimes not. I haven't been able to find out if it's related to the UI issue, though I assume it is. As I said, using a lander can with orbital dock on the launchpad on Kerbin (No MKS parts there), the issue remains.

If the button is intermittently absent, something very strange is going on indeed.

2 hours ago, Shawarmakriger said:

As I said, using a lander can with orbital dock on the launchpad on Kerbin (No MKS parts there), the issue remains.

Which issue? You have now described 2: the broken window and the intermittent button. The former cannot happen with the dock because the former is specific to the survey station (as shown below)

[EXC 04:00:24.960] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.SurveySite.get_Item (Int32 index)
        ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExSurveyStation.get_part ()
        ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExSurveyStation.Highlight (Boolean on)
        ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExBuildWindow.UpdateGUIState ()

The dock never tries to do anything with survey sites, so the above will not happen. However, the "highlight pad" option is global and thus disabling it for one pad (dock, launchpad, survey station) disables it for every pad. Disabling the highlighting should prevent the error.

Okay we'll seperate the issues.

1. Broken window. I tried disabling pad highlighting from all the survey modules/docks/whatever I could think of, and nothing changed. But if you say you're working on it, that's all I could ask for :)

2. Button in the right-click menu. I haven't been able to find a pattern (Like only on MKS parts, only when using stakes or something), but that I can live with, just using the hotbar.

I reverted to an earlier save, there doesn't seem to be any problems there, so far at least. I'll write back when I have some more time for testing.

Thanks a lot for the support, really appreciate it :)

Edited by Shawarmakriger