[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

@taniwha  I wanted to report a bug.  I'm building a large project in orbit of the Mun, hauling up Material Kits and Specialized Parts from my base (I have MKS installed).  If I dock with a load of resources while a project is building, and it has run out of one or more resources, it hangs the game.  I've gotten around it by pausing the build before docking.  Also if I try to resume without both resources present it again hangs the game.  I was thinking that auto pausing it when either get to 0 would fix the issue, and disabling the resume build button until both are available again.

Thanks!

I might be doing something very dumb, but on 6.1 and 1.4.4 - I cannot get the UI to open with MKS parts when landed.  Is the pioneer module no longer the part I need to build using my stakes/mallet?  I have tried using the EL launchpad, and it opens fine, the survey station/stake works fine.

Edited by mavric1298

16 hours ago, mavric1298 said:

I might be doing something very dumb, but on 6.1 and 1.4.4 - I cannot get the UI to open with MKS parts when landed.  Is the pioneer module no longer the part I need to build using my stakes/mallet?  I have tried using the EL launchpad, and it opens fine, the survey station/stake works fine.

MKS's support for EL is out of date.  There is a PR in to update it, but it's not a priority that would trigger an update on it's own, so it will likely be rolled into the next update.

(If you want to go in and edit the current patch with the new names for the EL modules, it wouldn't be hard.)

Since the light aqua of the EL workshop wasn't exactly a good color for my space station:

sIM5uqi.png

FG0HfJX.png

I decided to spend a few minutes in PS making a grayscale stockalike version:

g7FBF90.png 

JdBWwhq.png

8uHBChd.png 

DhFkMBC.png

I imagine a few other folks might have run into the same problem, so I decided to post it here. Feel free to include it in the mod if you like it.

Edited by vossiewulf

I asked this over in the Buffalo thread, but it's more of an EL question:

Another question although I'm sure this is something I'm missing, not a bug. Below is my new Munar base, and he's set up the same way I set up bases in the past except I have a disposable EL launchpad instead of the standard permanent one.

The problem is when I open the EL build UI, it tells me I have a productivity of 0 and hence can't build anything. I have two x two-star engineers staffing the Hacienda, which should qualify as a fully equipped EL workshop. What am I missing? I have rocketparts on hand, ready to build my mining rover on the EL pad, but pad no wanna build. Suggestions/help will be appreciated.

vql5PFC.png

On 8/6/2018 at 7:38 PM, vossiewulf said:

I asked this over in the Buffalo thread, but it's more of an EL question:

Another question although I'm sure this is something I'm missing, not a bug. Below is my new Munar base, and he's set up the same way I set up bases in the past except I have a disposable EL launchpad instead of the standard permanent one.

The problem is when I open the EL build UI, it tells me I have a productivity of 0 and hence can't build anything. I have two x two-star engineers staffing the Hacienda, which should qualify as a fully equipped EL workshop. What am I missing? I have rocketparts on hand, ready to build my mining rover on the EL pad, but pad no wanna build. Suggestions/help will be appreciated.

vql5PFC.png

Before someelse post it logs will be needed. Easy things to check would be to make sure versions of EL correspond the the version of KSP. It’s hard to see on the dark side of the mun but make sure the base is all one piece.

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:06 PM, vossiewulf said:

Since the light aqua of the EL workshop wasn't exactly a good color for my space station:

I decided to spend a few minutes in PS making a grayscale stockalike version:

8uHBChd.png 

DhFkMBC.png

I imagine a few other folks might have run into the same problem, so I decided to post it here. Feel free to include it in the mod if you like it.

Trying it in my game also.  Now if only you made a new workshop-Internal.  :D

22 minutes ago, Vaga said:

Trying it in my game also.  Now if only you made a new workshop-Internal.  :D

I forgot this forum auto-resizes images, here's a link to the full size version on Imgur.

https://i.imgur.com/g7FBF90.png

1 hour ago, Ericwi said:

Before someelse post it logs will be needed. Easy things to check would be to make sure versions of EL correspond the the version of KSP. It’s hard to see on the dark side of the mun but make sure the base is all one piece.

This miraculously cleared up on its own. I went back to KSC, came back to Mun base and suddenly the EL pad says we have a productivity of 5.97. Since I never moved the engineer Kerbals from the Hacienda workshop, I have no idea why it showed zero until I left and came back, something not initializing correctly I assume. A test would be to put a couple engineers in a Hacienda and then inflate a Pathfinder disposable launchpad, then open the pad's UI right away and see what the productivity says. If it's zero, time to start looking for what required variable isn't getting told there's a Kerbaled workshop attached to the pad.

Edited by vossiewulf

Still having trouble with fuel transfers, but found a complex work around. The sliders screen is not causing fuel to be moved into normal tanks. Instead it has to be done on the right click menu on epl, you have to set the sliders away from the source, towards the destination craft.. click the transfer lights on the far right.. and then start the transfer. After it completes, the sliders in the normal screen for lox have to be slid left then right again and then it will launch with fuel on board. So far, this only appears to affect LOX containment, not Monoprop.. electric.. or other fuels. Thus the issue appears isolated to lox transfer coding. This is with stock parts and KIS connector ports being used. KIS connector pumps are turned on as links to make sure the whole setup is one cohesive craft. Interstellar Fuel Switch is the current fuel switcher in use. 1.4.5 with EPL 6.1.0

It also causes a crash to desktop error when the build is torn down if loaded with fuel if more fuel or RP has been created by the originating launch system.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

@taniwha, would it be possible for you to develop a simple construction config swap for this mod so it is not necessary to maintain a separate mod to make this mod more simple?

I would like the ability to build rockets on other planets or in orbit with your mod, but simple construction keeps getting orphaned over and over. Could you just integrate it for users who want this ability without a complicated workshop work flow?

Like just change your folder hierarchy (add a folder) and add the simple construction configs to the mod and say, "move these configs to X folder to enable simple construction mode."

Thanks for your time!

2 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

@taniwha, would it be possible for you to develop a simple construction config swap for this mod so it is not necessary to maintain a separate mod to make this mod more simple?

I would like the ability to build rockets on other planets or in orbit with your mod, but simple construction keeps getting orphaned over and over. Could you just integrate it for users who want this ability without a complicated workshop work flow?

Like just change your folder hierarchy (add a folder) and add the simple construction configs to the mod and say, "move these configs to X folder to enable simple construction mode."

Thanks for your time!

Could you not just download the latest EPL, and copy the newer dll into the simple construction folder?

Peace.

2 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

There's no download at the link I went to.

Peace

https://github.com/EricKerman/SimpleConstruction/releases

Not to worry, download the 'source code', and in the zip and install the two folders within the GameData folder for extralanetary launchpads (as that contains the icon files) and simple construction.  The dll in this download is actually the latest one.

Peace

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

Not to worry, download the 'source code', and in the zip and install the two folders within the GameData folder for extralanetary launchpads (as that contains the icon files) and simple construction.  The dll in this download is actually the latest one.

Peace

Ok thanks 

Actually, I am tempted to do a simplified version that can be selected via the difficulty settings. Possibly direct Ore (yes, stock Ore) to parts*, and easier productivity**. Also considering much more complicated settings.

* Just a matter of adjusting the recipes to require/produce Ore instead of RocketParts/ScrapMetal.

** Maybe constant productivity for construction kerbals (and maybe even all). Just some tweaks to the productivity code in the workshop part module.

The "hard" part will actually be the difficulty settings and choosing which set of recipes.

Unfortunately, right now I'm rather busy so don't have the time to work on it (hopefully have some time this weekend to catch up to 1.4.5, though). However, should someone step up and produce a PR, I would happily consider it (depends on quality, really), thus the hints on how it can be done. And in case someone does step up: the build system uses make (possibly GNU make specific), git, and some shell scripts (bash). Probably easiest to work in Linux, but there are suitable tools for Windows (msys, cygwin, etc).

17 hours ago, taniwha said:

Actually, I am tempted to do a simplified version that can be selected via the difficulty settings. Possibly direct Ore (yes, stock Ore) to parts*, and easier productivity**. Also considering much more complicated settings.

* Just a matter of adjusting the recipes to require/produce Ore instead of RocketParts/ScrapMetal.

** Maybe constant productivity for construction kerbals (and maybe even all). Just some tweaks to the productivity code in the workshop part module.

The "hard" part will actually be the difficulty settings and choosing which set of recipes.

You don't me to tell you these are good ideas. I know one of the reasons many use the Simple version is less materials, but also less parts. When\If you convert to fewer materials it might be worth stripping out most parts and moving them over to another parts-only-mod. 

On 8/16/2018 at 4:32 AM, taniwha said:

Unfortunately, right now I'm rather busy so don't have the time to work on it (hopefully have some time this weekend to catch up to 1.4.5, though). However, should someone step up and produce a PR, I would happily consider it (depends on quality, really), thus the hints on how it can be done. And in case someone does step up: the build system uses make (possibly GNU make specific), git, and some shell scripts (bash). Probably easiest to work in Linux, but there are suitable tools for Windows (msys, cygwin, etc).

I must admit I was a big user of "not so simple construction"/"simple construction" being able to pull the functionality of these mods into EL would be great.. (I appreciate this is time permitting)

I loved the re-use of stock components too..

I certainly think that the option to use EC rather than liquid fuel for smelting later down the tech tree, and the ability to switch between Ore/metal Ore as a game option would be good.

Look forward to 1.4.5 version btw, I've just started a 1.4.5 save with kerbalism, and building rockets off world is a big part of my game plan!  

Thanks for your hard work :)

Edited by bunjatec

Hi there,

have build a station in orbit of Kerbin with a smelter. Although it's switched off, it overheats and explodes whenever I try to approach the station. Tried to set the smelter to 0 temperature values in the save file -  it survives only 1-2 seconds longer and still explodes. Any ideas how to save it and why it overheats ?

TIA, Joe

Edited by JoeeoJ

46 minutes ago, JoeeoJ said:

Hi there,

have build a station in orbit of Kerbin with a smelter. Although it's switched off, it overheats and explodes whenever I try to approach the station. Tried to set the smelter to 0 temperature values in the save file -  it survives only 1-2 seconds longer and still explodes. Any ideas how to save it and why it overheats ?

Something else on your station is generating heat (or had a lot of heat when you switched away...) and you don't have enough radiators.