[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Taniwha, could you check out this exception? It only happens when I undo or redo an action while a KIS inventory (whether it's a command pod or container) has something in it, if an inventory doesn't have anything in it, the exception doesn't appear.

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetGameObject ()

at UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.Component.GetComponentsInChildren[Part] (Boolean includeInactive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.Component.GetComponentsInChildren[Part] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExShipInfo+<WaitAndRebuildList>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Hello,

I've got one issue: My rocket parts are not being consumed when I try to build a new rocket, but it does takes time to build the stuff. Can I change this behavior somehow?

I do have a bunch of mods installed, between then Regolith, Karbonite and MKS.

Edit: For some reason, after realoding a few times and staying focused on the vessel it did it. I do not know what happened =\ And I'm not producing the rocket parts (yet).

Edited by SHiRKiT

smjjames: that looks like a stock bug: quicksave while two docking ports are in "aquire" mode (magnets engaged) and load, you will get the error. The fix is to find the docking port in the sfs and change Aquire to Ready.

smjjames: that looks like a stock bug: quicksave while two docking ports are in "aquire" mode (magnets engaged) and load, you will get the error. The fix is to find the docking port in the sfs and change Aquire to Ready.

How do I edit the .sfs? Just use notepad?

It's not showing up before I construct the ship, so, something that happens after I construct it.

Also, this happened when I tried to construct it at my minmus base, lol. Yes, I know I'm using hyperedit, but I only used it to refill the rocketparts because I didn't want to wait for resupply ships to arrive at minmus. The base was suffering from some basehopping and I got the warning that the site couldn't be found and explosions likely.

Edit: Yep that fixed it, there were apparently two that were in acquire mode. No idea where they were exactly though, probably on the ship itself.

screenshot133_zpsw4rvx37m.png

Edited by smjjames

Are you planning on migrating to the stock resource system with 1.0 or are you going to stick it out with Kethane?

I really hope there is stock integration, would make it easier for people to use the mod, instead of being dependent on other mods, but if not, I'll be making my own conversion to make it so.

I really hope there is stock integration, would make it easier for people to use the mod, instead of being dependent on other mods, but if not, I'll be making my own conversion to make it so.

I haven't heard anything either , but i would definitely prefer a stock integration. :D

With new update I think what we could have is something like this: an end of the line research with would let you convert ore into parts. It would be a big machine/factory with would require lots of power to manufacture parts. However it would be interesting to have. Im already thinking of building Homeworld-style scaffold and capturing asteroids to mine for ore.

Just a suggestion though.

Taro8, we already had that with various other mods like kethane and karbonite, and with stock KSP now having added ore to asteroids, I would assume it to tap into that, and it already had a parts workshop when I last played (been a while, but still).

Taniwha, wow, thats awesome! thanks for keeping up with mods like this one, they realy add a new dimension to the game. ^^

ogledhill14: When it's done. Things are a few little issues (main one being some fun with the launch clamps), but I expect 1.0 compatibility to be out in a few days.

I look forward to see what you've got in store for us. I'm sure RoverDude will help with much since he made the resource system, maybe he'd shed some light on the launch clap issue. :-)

Plans...

First, Kethane support will not be going away: I far prefer its mechanic for scanning. The kethane map overlay over top of the stock overlay looks rather neat, actually.

EL will get stock integration, but it will not mine Ore. I have renamed EL's resource to MetalOre. This will break people's saves (if migrating), but a simple search and replace for Ore->MetalOre should do the trick. I have some decisions to make (and possibly a lot of work to do) regarding parts.

Status...

Building stuff works with the orbital dock. I have not yet tested the converters, but they rely on Kethane (for now): I need to investigate how stock converters work. I have not been able to test survey builds yet as they rely on KAS.

Vessel thumbnails work (except for subassemblies).

Launch clamps are borked due to EL's hack. They are the main holdup, but I will get them working :)

Taniwha, wow, thats awesome! thanks for keeping up with mods like this one, they realy add a new dimension to the game. ^^

I agree and would like to add my thanks as well.

This mods has always added alot to KSP.....but now, with 1.0 and new aero model this mod has moved from being really awesome and optional to a vital must have for a certain style of gameplay.....

For several KSP versions now I always have one install that it geared towards industrial gameplay...all the mods installed are for that purpose....and of course EPLP is part of that. In these game the launching of massive industrial landers, bases, processing stations, and huge tugs to ship things about. Of course EPLP has always been used to build on site...but it was always more of a bonus...would still launch almost 100% of craft being used in Kerbin SoI from Kerbin itself......

Well, not gonna be so easy to do that....making EPLP a MUCH more vital part of this style of gameplay!

Thank you for facilitating my personal favorite style of KSP gameplay! your awesome =)

Also, ya ever need a hand drop a line, cant code to save me life but can do most the rest =P

I agree and would like to add my thanks as well.

This mods has always added alot to KSP.....but now, with 1.0 and new aero model this mod has moved from being really awesome and optional to a vital must have for a certain style of gameplay.....

For several KSP versions now I always have one install that it geared towards industrial gameplay...all the mods installed are for that purpose....and of course EPLP is part of that. In these game the launching of massive industrial landers, bases, processing stations, and huge tugs to ship things about. Of course EPLP has always been used to build on site...but it was always more of a bonus...would still launch almost 100% of craft being used in Kerbin SoI from Kerbin itself......

Well, not gonna be so easy to do that....making EPLP a MUCH more vital part of this style of gameplay!

Thank you for facilitating my personal favorite style of KSP gameplay! your awesome =)

Also, ya ever need a hand drop a line, cant code to save me life but can do most the rest =P

I agree with you, I wish to add to your comment about it being vital. Its vital in real life as well.

I don't know if you might be in another country, but I am in the USA, and I am pissed at our government because they simply do not think a moon base is something we should be doing. I don't give a rats butt if its not easy or expensive. If humans want to go anywhere in this galaxy, we need a dry dock in space or a moon base in which we can build ships that do not need to fight atmosphere conditions.

Getting to mars would be simple. Getting to titan would be even easier.

Having a moon base also brings jobs...tourists...and eventually full colonization of the moon. Imagine your great grand kids moving to the moon for a job.

Sadly though, until we figure out this gravity thing, we eventually would have things like spinal decompression that would stop anyone from going back onto any planet after being in space or low gravity for too long. I am sure at some point that would be irreversible to the individual on a space tour.

I love this mod and feel like i can't even play KSP without it installed (even though in career mode I have not gotten to the point of having a mun base yet.)

Gravity in space is not really a problem if you have a ship big enough ... Remember the astronauts in the skylab were able to run around in artificial gravity ... and that was in the 70s.

If you have a big ship, you can have the crew compartments, or at least a gym, with artificial gravity. You just need to spin it fast enough.

I agree with you that a Lunar Base is a must, even before trying to go to Mars. Its quite retarded that we keep on burning tons of fuel to get stuff into LEO, when the moon is full of minerals and oxygen we can use. Most of the minerals on the moon, are binded to oxygen ... so basically the moon is FULL of oxygen. Yet we consider it barren and of no use ...

Aluminium, Titanium, Silicon ... full of that stuff up there ... oh, and all of them binded to oxygen ...

BTW, yeah EPLP is one of those mods thats a game changer. Everytime there's a new update, i wait till EPLP is updated to get on the campaign mode. There's no point on playing it otherwise. The whole colonization/industrial missions is what really makes me want to play. I really thank to all the people involved in the development of this awesome mod.

Gravity in space is not really a problem if you have a ship big enough ... Remember the astronauts in the skylab were able to run around in artificial gravity ... and that was in the 70s.

If you have a big ship, you can have the crew compartments, or at least a gym, with artificial gravity. You just need to spin it fast enough.

I agree with you that a Lunar Base is a must, even before trying to go to Mars. Its quite retarded that we keep on burning tons of fuel to get stuff into LEO, when the moon is full of minerals and oxygen we can use. Most of the minerals on the moon, are binded to oxygen ... so basically the moon is FULL of oxygen. Yet we consider it barren and of no use ...

Aluminium, Titanium, Silicon ... full of that stuff up there ... oh, and all of them binded to oxygen ...

BTW, yeah EPLP is one of those mods thats a game changer. Everytime there's a new update, i wait till EPLP is updated to get on the campaign mode. There's no point on playing it otherwise. The whole colonization/industrial missions is what really makes me want to play. I really thank to all the people involved in the development of this awesome mod.

Just went to find a calculator for that (there's one for everything about)

http://www.calctool.org/CALC/phys/newtonian/centrifugal

If a centrifuge was 25 meters radius (not too unreasonable for today's tech) it would have to rotate once every 10 seconds to produce 1g worth of force inside (normal gravity).

I too really rely on EPLP and love to the point where I make mods that rely on it to be truly usable. I couldn't think of a better way to applaud EPLP than to build biodomes with it.

with 25m radius and 5rpm you could have 0.7g, i think thats enough to avoid health issues related to long zero-g. even 4rpm with 0.44g might do the trick ...

anyway this kind of artificial gravity is largely related to long range missions. moon colonization and using it as a base to harvest materials used to build bigger stuff without having to haul it from earth gravity, would be the real challenge.

too bad we dont have any empirical knowledge of what would happen if astronauts were to stay in for long periods of time in the moon with 0.17g. its a shame really :(