[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Am I right in assuming there are parts the Recycle Bin (Large in this case) won't eat?I've been trying to feed it batteries (100EC) and 1x6 Solar Panels and it's acting like a surly child. I've done the airplane noises and everything.

I've also tried putting these parts into a container and directing that into the Bin, but everything on the front gets eaten and then it stops at the container. I've already read that there's a "secret way" to get the whole vessel into the Bin, and I've yet to discover it, but so far I've tried floating relatively small parts directly into it and so far no dice for some of them.

Sometimes it eats, sometimes it doesn't. Problem solved.

-------

Discovered another weird thing. I had already started the smelter on my half finished station and I went back to Kerbin to launch another craft with the workshop. So when I return to the space station, some time later, I'm dropping out of warp some 3km I see a faint lensflare and I hear the sound of explosions. Was kinda eerie. But then I see a whole bunch of markers drifting in several directions away from where my space station used to be.

Fine, I see what's happened. We reload. Fast forward to my slightly cheated third arrival. Since I'm here sooner than last time I see what caused the explosion. Every part of the space station is verging on overheating. And I mean everything, even poor sweaty Arnard With The Magic Screwdriver. I noticed this when I sent her on EVA.

The gauges over every part didn't seem to grow, but I stopped the smelter (that was now burning empty, as all the scrap metal had been smelted) and hovered around for a while. I think long enough for some of the deeper red gauges to fill up, but they didn't so now I'm blaming the smelter. 

While I could understand a large fire based device heating up a ship, I do want to check if this is normal, as the RMB info panel didn't mention the need for radiators. Which, on the third and final build, I didn't add because I think they're ugly. You know, looking good is more important than being safe.

That was clearly not a bug. Did up a reworked station with the radiators added and I hung around to keep an eye on all the gauges and numbers and whatnot. The gauges do appear, but pretty much level out at 99.85%. Because I should have been in bed two hours ago, I decided to warp a bit (x10) to see if the gauges would go up any further. They didn't. In fact, they went down. Smelter efficiency went up by 2.something% and the radiators dropped at least down to 60%. 

Might this be a bug then? As far as I'm concerned, this is also just a notification, it's not exactly a terrible baby-kraken. I can work with faster processing for less heat. ;o)

Edited by Bakkerbaard
New discovery, changed "guage" to "gauge", might change it back again sometime

Hi

Could do with some help with the jnstallation. I am sure i am doing something stupid, but not sure what.

I am running ksp 1.4.3, and all mods are up to date. Including the USI which i use a lot for base building. I installed v6.0.0 of the EL from github.

All parts appear in VAB, i get a EL button in the vab, but its got no icon just black. 

I get no EL icon on main screen to access gui for building. Put together quick ship build for trying survey stake but it no longer will let me acess any gui for building anyrhing.

I mainly used before the survey stake and orbit dock for building with usi Material kits and SP rather than the rocket parts.

I notice on git hub there was another seperate folder named "source" which mentions 1.4.2 compatibility. Not sure if i am supposed to install this as well and if so where do i install it to (ie. Do i drop it in to the EL folder in gamedata or somewhere else).

Any help or pointers would be welcome.. thanks in advance.

16 hours ago, Bionic bulldog said:

Hi

Could do with some help with the jnstallation. I am sure i am doing something stupid, but not sure what.

I am running ksp 1.4.3, and all mods are up to date. Including the USI which i use a lot for base building. I installed v6.0.0 of the EL from github.

All parts appear in VAB, i get a EL button in the vab, but its got no icon just black. 

I get no EL icon on main screen to access gui for building. Put together quick ship build for trying survey stake but it no longer will let me acess any gui for building anyrhing.

I mainly used before the survey stake and orbit dock for building with usi Material kits and SP rather than the rocket parts.

I notice on git hub there was another seperate folder named "source" which mentions 1.4.2 compatibility. Not sure if i am supposed to install this as well and if so where do i install it to (ie. Do i drop it in to the EL folder in gamedata or somewhere else).

Any help or pointers would be welcome.. thanks in advance.

i suppose no versions are 1.4.3 compatible?

I'm running 1.4.3 using the 6.0.0 version of EL. This was previously a 1.3.x save file that I've just recently updated KSP.  Note that I'm actually using SimpleConstruction, rather than full EL supply chain and parts, which allows different ports as construction pads, etc. I know this is probably different than pure EL, but I'm at a complete loss for what might be going on.

I'm having the problem where Sr. docking ports on a space station (from a previous save/KSP 1.3.x) no longer register as construction pads for EL.

I've done different play testing and some file research and it looks like only standard ports (dockingPort2 in the cfg) are showing up as valid EL launchpads.

The only ports that I can "Rename" which then lets me set its name for EL are the standard ports. Note this is different from the regular "Rename Port" from vanilla. It used to work to "Rename" the Sr. ports (dockingPortsLarge) and thereby use them with EL, but apparently it doesn't now? or maybe I'm missing something?

Any thoughts/direction on how I might resolve this?

Edited by scottadges

6 minutes ago, taniwha said:

@scottadges: The transition from KSP 1.3 to 1.4 brought the Big Module Renaming in EL. The 6.0.0 release notes give details (the situation is recoverable).

Thanks, @taniwha I appreciate your comment RE: the release notes. Not being a modder/coder, I'm not exactly sure what all this is, but laymen-terms I'd say this one is most pertient:

[SAVE BREAKING] All EL modules have been renamed to be of the form ELModuleName. It might be possible to port old saves by doing appropriate search-and-replace edits in the save file.

When you say, "search-and-replace edits", is that just something that can be attempted in Notepad or something like that? (Sorry, apologies for dumbing this down) I'm guessing changing the names for the different ports?

I'll post this info in the SimpleConstruction thread as well, maybe the new mod owner for that can look at making any relevant updates? Appreciate any other input you have.

16 minutes ago, scottadges said:

When you say, "search-and-replace edits", is that just something that can be attempted in Notepad or something like that? (Sorry, apologies for dumbing this down) I'm guessing changing the names for the different ports?

I'd recommend something more powerful than Notepad (sfs files are huge), but yes, any good text editor can handle the job. Be sure to back up your save first, of course. and Yes, changing the names should be all that's needed (except for converter configs, they're a tad more complex, depending on what is in the save).

The following is a list of the changes I could find:

• ExConstructionSkill -> ELConstructionSkill (kerbal traits configs)
  • ExConverter -> ELConverter (may need more than just a rename, though I suspect it will recover just fine)
  • ExExtractor ->  ELExtractor (may need more than just a rename, though I suspect it will recover just fine)
  • ExMallet -> ELMallet
  • ExLaunchPad ->  ELLaunchpad
  • ExRecycler -> ELRecycler
  • ExSettings -> ELSettings
  • ExSurveySkill -> ELSurveySkill (kerbal traits configs)
  • ExSurveyStation ->  ELSurveyStation
  • ExSurveyStake  -> ELSurveyStake
  • ExTarget -> ELTarget
  • ExWorkshop -> ELWorkshop

7 hours ago, taniwha said:

Yes, changing the names should be all that's needed (except for converter configs, they're a tad more complex, depending on what is in the save).

Awesome, thank you for taking the time to list out these name changes. I'll see what I can do myself. Appreciate the advice on editing.

I'll also post this note in the SimpleConstruction thread, so @Ericwi (who is now maintaining that mod) can be aware of this as well.

7 hours ago, oneshibbyguy said:

Doesn't seem to work with the new 1.4.4, when I click on the craft node the VAB screen never goes away and seems to be stuck 

Confirmed: in my case also there are no ships shown on VAB or SPH, but there are from the Steam WorkShop to choose from. Maybe the bug is related to this addition in KSP 1.4.4 .

2 hours ago, Terensky said:

Confirmed: in my case also there are no ships shown on VAB or SPH, but there are from the Steam WorkShop to choose from. Maybe the bug is related to this addition in KSP 1.4.4 .

Same for me. And like oneshibbyguy you can't close the craft load screen once it's open, you have quit the game it seems.

A bit of an update: the problem is indeed caused by the Steam integration. Nicely, it seems I may have been able to fix the problem already, with Steam support even. I just need to add some finishing touches and do some more testing (for this particular issue: I still need to revisit the smelter heat issues pointed out several posts back).

I have released version 6.1.0 of Extraplanetary Launchpads.

Changes from 6.0.0:

• Update version check for KSP 1.4.4.
  • Fix the craft selection dialog for KSP 1.4.4. Supports Steam, too.
  • Add support for CCK (LouisCyfer)
  • Effectively disable active cooling on the smelters (I hope).

:( Even after 6.1 I'm still getting the stuck craft selection window. Indeed with the console open trying to close the stuck window just throws errors. Can't select a craft, can't close window, have to exit the game and relaunch to fix. I deleted the EL folder and redownloaded, got rid of any mod that might mess with EL (looking at you, MKS), and still no changes. :(

EDIT: On a brand new save in sandbox, I can get the vessel selection window to display crafts from the stock game, but the window still gets stuck and can't load or cancel.

WkQ4K2c.png

Edited by Immashift
Waffles.

@Immashift: Odd, I just tested here (in a cheated career save) and it works just fine. The lack of a "Sub" button to the right of "SPH" is worrying as it indicates something went wrong in the window setup (happens the first time you try to select a craft).

10 hours ago, Immashift said:

:( Even after 6.1 I'm still getting the stuck craft selection window. Indeed with the console open trying to close the stuck window just throws errors. Can't select a craft, can't close window, have to exit the game and relaunch to fix. I deleted the EL folder and redownloaded, got rid of any mod that might mess with EL (looking at you, MKS), and still no changes. :(

EDIT: On a brand new save in sandbox, I can get the vessel selection window to display crafts from the stock game, but the window still gets stuck and can't load or cancel.

It seems to be fixed for me: the selection window shows ships in VAB and SPH, and it closes correctly clicking on 'Cancel'. Maybe it's a conflict with some other mods you have?

18 hours ago, taniwha said:

@Immashift: Odd, I just tested here (in a cheated career save) and it works just fine. The lack of a "Sub" button to the right of "SPH" is worrying as it indicates something went wrong in the window setup (happens the first time you try to select a craft).

So I just got home from work, and did an entire directory delete of my KSP folder, then unzipped the archive again, and added ONLY EL (6.1) from its archive. Started a new game, sandbox, launched something with a blue builder thingy whatsit (can't remember name lol........... the blue pad). Aaaaaaaaaaaand still does it.

I even tried not using my shortcut for the game with all the arguments I run the game with and still no dice. I can't get that window to behave no matter what.

Here's my pastebin for posterity. Kinda stumped on this one.

https://pastebin.com/2BukSeiW 

@Immashift: This is probably a silly question, but you are running KSP 1.4.4 and EL 6.1.0, right? (ie, not 1.4.3 (or any earlier 1.4.x) and 6.1.0 or 1.4.4 and 6.0.0). KSP shows its version in the lower right main menu screen, EL shows its version on every EL window. Having the full log would help, as both KSP and EL report their versions in there. The NRE is occurring where I expect for a version mix-up, but if the versions are not mixed up, something very weird is going on with the structure of the stock craft browser.

15 hours ago, taniwha said:

@Immashift: This is probably a silly question, but you are running KSP 1.4.4 and EL 6.1.0, right? (ie, not 1.4.3 (or any earlier 1.4.x) and 6.1.0 or 1.4.4 and 6.0.0). KSP shows its version in the lower right main menu screen, EL shows its version on every EL window. Having the full log would help, as both KSP and EL report their versions in there. The NRE is occurring where I expect for a version mix-up, but if the versions are not mixed up, something very weird is going on with the structure of the stock craft browser.

Well...... *looks around awkwardly*..... I swear I'm not normally that daft. But apparently that wasn't a silly question. I have zero idea how I could have downloaded 1.4.3, but that's how it is. Testing with 1.4.4.

Yyyyeahhh. It works fine. Sorry I wasted your time with my nonsense hah.

Back to my lazy non-Kerbin launching ways!

@taniwha While I’m still working on Kerbal Flying Saucers, my next major project is Sandcastle. Thanks to your recent changes, I can make a robot 3D printer to print up the initial base. I can also add a micropad for base expansion, but there is one thing I am unclear on. If I understand correctly, the micropad requires productivity in the vessel that the micropad is attached to. Is that correct? If that’s the case, is it possible for an unmanned workshop, like the aforementioned robot 3d printer, to provide vessel productivity to the micropad? That would simulate the printer adding base components after printing the initial base.