[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

19 hours ago, taniwha said:

If all you want to do is set it so all parts use the same resources, then you need to set the default structure recipe (defaults to RocketParts = 1).

EL_DefaultStructureRecipe {
	MaterialKits = 1
}

Or whatever mix you want (the numbers are added together and then divided by the total)

Thanks. I think this is exactly what I was looking for :cool:

http://imgur.com/W2roqPg   Can someone Please help me, i don't know what i am missing. I've tried to look it up but have had no success, i am the typ who's maniacal not so good on reading. at this point i got a better chance of really building it than i do of getting the game to build off planet. Sorry about the link but i don"t know how to insert a pic. also it's a new copy of the game 1.1.2 running 64bit  

Thank you for your time

panarchist: actually, I have plans to make it even more configurable than that.

IzeHeart: I'm sorry, but you will need to say what the actual problem is. However, it looks like things should work, going by your installed mods.

Edited by taniwha

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

panarchist: actually, I have plans to make it even more configurable than that.

IzeHeart: I'm sorry, but you will need to say what the actual problem is. However, it looks like things should work, going by your installed mods.

Awesome!

Regarding IzeHeart's post - I see 3 copies of Module Manager in that directory, and there should only be one version - the latest.(2.6.25) 

Taniwha can you please peruse this image and supply the missing data, (spent a day and a half trawling the forum for what I have so far) and if possible can you supply images of each of the modules (as jpg's? or similar) so I can replace these clunky shapes (stock Visio). I have looked through the EPL files in GameData, but there is nothing there that I can use with the software I have.

I also need to source Kerbal images, preferably as "Portrait Stats" does them (experience stars along the bottom and profession icon in lower left)

(Yes, I could go and hassle DMagic, but this is for your Mod, so I thought I would hassle you first :sticktongue:)

Process's missed = Rocket Workbench, productivity 1?, any other data available?

Kerbal images sought :

Outline portrait image in gray, stars gray, no profession icon

Full portrait image (green), gray stars, no profession icon

then for each profession 1 image for each experience level star

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijofg4tbjeg4uq1/EPL Flowchart.jpg?dl=0

Thank for looking, Sorry for being vague. UI is what i think is wrong, in dose not show, up also i think something is suppose to be able to be tinkered with the Recycle bin, construction workshop and the smelter. Thanks again for trying to help.

Agnemon: actually, I think the flowchart style is better: less clutter (though with the flowchart style, you don't need to separate the sizes). That said, having pics to show what's what can indeed be very helpful.

But since you're showing actual parts, one very important one you are missing is the Rocket Workbench (found in pods). It's a four-kerbal command seat that acts as a much smaller version of the big blue workshop.

Also, while it's very WIP, and you will need to install Lyx and maybe LaTeX (both are free and available for windows), there's some documentation in the git repository on github.

All: sorry I haven't been able to get an update out. I've been rather busy with the Squad side of KSP stuff. With 1.1.3 in experimentals, it seems like it would be better for me to hold off and do just the one release.

4 hours ago, taniwha said:

All: sorry I haven't been able to get an update out. I've been rather busy with the Squad side of KSP stuff. With 1.1.3 in experimentals, it seems like it would be better for me to hold off and do just the one release.

No apologies required. You've been busy spinning magic spells to slay the decaying orbit beast, I hear say. By sheer statistics alone, I'm sure there's way more of us waiting eagerly on stable orbits in 1.1.3 than on any EL update, so your priorities are where they should be. Work that magic. :D

Hi 

i LOVE this mod.

But if i use the survey stakes, it does not matter if a add anything at the production process...i mean POWER, FUEL or else..

if i build sth on a pad, it will add the values i have selected in the EL-Menu, but not if i use the stakes... (can make a vid if needed)

Still very very cool.

regards.

On 6/4/2016 at 10:39 PM, Jarin said:

I've been having this problem a lot lately. Basically, any build that goes over 10k parts (everything I've built lately) pushes the required partcount off the top of the display:

0X90eyB.png

I'm thinking I could do without that hundreds decimal place, personally. Putting off the problem out to 100k parts seems reasonable (if I'm building a crazy-big mothership in one build job, I can deal with it).

So is nobody else seeing this problem? Is this a conflict or something?

Ok OK OK I Get trying to fix is a needle in a haystack. So i am starting over, I got a new copy v1.1.2.1.1260 (x64) can someone give me a complete list of what i'll need to get extraplanetary launchpads to work. i thought i had it, but it was over a year old.

@IzeHeart To build, you need three things:

• Either the Orbital Dock, one of the two Launchpads, or the Runway (they differ only in theme, any of them can build any ship in any situation). All except the Orbital Dock must be unfolded with the right-click menu. You can also use Survey Stakes that have been put into the ground as long as you have a Survey Station (it's a clone of the hitchhiker but with a different name).
  • A crew of reasonably smart kerbals. Kerbals will get the most work done if they're in the blue Workshop part, followed by the science lab, hitchhiker, and any command pods. Put your smart kerbals where they will do the most good (e.g. the workshop) and your stupid kerbals where they will do the least harm (e.g. command pods). You can right-click on any crewed part and see its "efficiency" see how good your Kerbal placement is. The higher your ship's total efficiency, the faster you build.
  • RocketParts
    • to get RocketParts, you need
      • an auger to mine MetalOre
      • a smelter to convert MetalOre into Metal
      • a workshop to convert Metal into RocketParts

To build, right-click on your builder part (e.g. the orbital dock) and open the construction window or open it from the toolbar, then pick the desired ship from the VAB, SPH, or subassembly lists. You'll be given the expected resource costs for the ship. Only the RocketParts cost matters at first. Once the ship's hull is finished, the same window will pop up and you can choose to transfer resources such as fuel.

@IzeHeart

You will also need Module Manager (needs to be installed in Game Data itself, not a sub directory).

There are other mods as well that are recommended, see the OP (first page of the thread). However, I would try with the three minimum requirements first, then when that is proven to work satisfactorily, add any other mods one by one.

I got some problems with this mod. If I launch a craft from a planetary launchpad, the created craft teleports inside the launchpad when the physics kick in. If I do it in orbit, the velocity is reduced to zero for both the new craft and the space station.