[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

On 09/12/2015 14:20:25, taniwha said:

Morty: I need to do a new model for the survey station. That one truly is a place-holder :/.

A little bit of good news on that front though: the next release of EL will have its own part category tab (like KIS etc). The parts will still be in their usual places, but will be put in the new category as well automatically.

Very nice mod... on the subject, I was looking for the  EL Survey Station .cfg ,  to get a grasp on cloning stock parts for alternative purposes... but there is no trace of that in the EL parts folder. Now i'm really curious. Where is it? ( I see changes in the original part reflect in the EL part too, can't see where they connect...)

So I can find no way to download this mod, the taniwha.org link on the frontpage won't load at all in the browser and I see no other links to download this mod. I've used this many times before and I'm trying to update for 1.05 finally. 

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

42 minutes ago, Hevak said:

So I can find no way to download this mod, the taniwha.org link on the frontpage won't load at all in the browser and I see no other links to download this mod. I've used this many times before and I'm trying to update for 1.05 finally. 

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

That link seems to be broken yea.

Github works.

19 hours ago, Varsi said:

That link seems to be broken yea.

Github works.

16 hours ago, taniwha said:

Sorry about that. My IP address changed while I was at work. I've fixed things and taniwha.org should be accessible again.

Thanks to both of you for the responses, and just confirming taniwha.org is working. I got it downloaded again. Thanks for all the work on the mod as always.

Hey Taniwha,

Is there a way to increase the maximum build distance when using stakes? I am trying to build a base building by building using stakes to pick where they get built. However, 80 meters seems to be too far. ;)

Can I module manage that somehow?

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Snarfster said:

80 meters seems to be too far. ;)

I haven't yet mastered the stakes and survey station parts, operating in orbit only, but i see that my Jebedia Kerman (5 stars experince) "Can use survey sites out to 2000m". For Valentina (4 stars) it's 1600m. Is that related to your question?

1 hour ago, Morty said:

I haven't yet mastered the stakes and survey station parts, operating in orbit only, but i see that my Jebedia Kerman (5 stars experince) "Can use survey sites out to 2000m". For Valentina (4 stars) it's 1600m. Is that related to your question?

Hmm you might be right. I may need another pilot at my base. Thanks, I'll try that

Hi Taniwha,

I absolutely love this mod as it's allowed me to become fairly independent from Kerbin, but I'm having some problems with it that I can't figure out. When I finalize a build on Bop or Pol, the root part of the craft being built immediately explodes. After this, the craft being launched is supposedly detached from the parent ship, but is frozen and hovers in place. I am unable to release it from the parent launchpads UI. This issue doesn't occur on minmus or kerbin, only the Joolian moons, although I haven't tested it elsewhere. It also doesn't occur in orbit around the joolian moons. Only at very low altitudes. I haven't determined the exact altitude where it starts occurring. I uses 6.4x RSS and a dozen other mods, I'm not sure if that would affect it...  

Thanks for this mod! It's truly a gem :)

OK I swear I had this working.... in sandbox... in my science save, however, I did the following:

1. build a giant rover with 16k units of rocketparts, a fully crewed workshop, a vertically mounted orbital construction dock just because, and a mk2 crew module with pilots in it.  Also a cockpit with Bill in it.
2. I drive out north of the runway and equip bill with a mallet and 4 survey stakes
3.  Bill goes out and pounds them into the ground using KIS, holding H to surface attach and I hear the hammering sound.  Four stakes pounded into a large square.
4.  I go back to the factory and... it doesn't see the stakes as a build site.

What did I miss...?  could swear this worked before.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm special and dumb and did not put an EL survey station on the construction rover.

Edited by ss8913
i am dumb

so I hate to be a complainer... but I get *very* inconsistent behavior when building things in orbit.. building things on the ground seems to be generally ok, but building in orbit yields one of the following results, seemingly at random:

1. everything is fine
2. resources are not transferred to the target craft as desired
3. upon pushing release, the craft warps hundreds of meters away into a suborbital trajectory and all subsequent attempts to return to it crash KSP completely
4. built craft is 'deformed', ie tweakscale settings created in VAB/SPH not honored

.. possibly others, those are the ones I've run into so far... it's pretty frustrating having it only work some of the time.. I have no idea why any of this is happening. Please let me know what extra info you need to debug.

ss8913: Something is throwing exceptions, that is the only way your problems will occur. I highly suspect tweakscale (I do not use it because of it being a mess). The way to be sure which mod is to blame is to check your KSP.log file and search for Exception. If in doubt, upload a full copy and give me the link.

20 minutes ago, taniwha said:

ss8913: Something is throwing exceptions, that is the only way your problems will occur. I highly suspect tweakscale (I do not use it because of it being a mess). The way to be sure which mod is to blame is to check your KSP.log file and search for Exception. If in doubt, upload a full copy and give me the link.

I would concur with this.  I love the concept of tweakscale but it has caused me so many issues over time that I have stopped using it.

On 12/10/2015 at 7:03 PM, Morty said:

Okay, i fixed the problem by sending out an engineer and he manually disassembled the remains of the tug. I still wonder why it happened in the first place. I have successfully recycled all kinds of crafts before. Maybe it was just a "glitch" (like the Apollo 13 stage two center engine failure :cool: )

Regards

Morty

I've been having something similar happen to me, fairly often.  Quick question: Did the craft you were recycling have a stack decoupler or seperator at either end (the end furthest - what it's trying to recycle next, or the end closest, what's actually in contact with the recycle bin)?  That appears to be my common denominator.  I'm guessing that something's going on with their crossfeed limitations and transferring resources.

13 hours ago, DStaal said:

I've been having something similar happen to me, fairly often.  Quick question: Did the craft you were recycling have a stack decoupler or seperator at either end (the end furthest - what it's trying to recycle next, or the end closest, what's actually in contact with the recycle bin)?  That appears to be my common denominator.  I'm guessing that something's going on with their crossfeed limitations and transferring resources.

You could be on to something here with that crossfeed idea. In my case it wasn't a decoupler or seperator but a docking port (and everything "above") that didn't get recycled if I remember right. But it has been a while and I didn't create a screen-shot. If it happens again I will try to remember to do so.

I noticed something in my latest playthrough and I think it's from this mod (judging by the version number).  This "Build Resources" window on the right.

3ZyQvUU.png

I think it's related to the build menu you get when utilizing the extraplanetary launchpads.  What I'm wondering is... how do I turn this window off?  I checked with the toolbar mod, but it didn't seem to do anything (I've sinced removed the toolbar).  Is it a bug, or is this window meant to be on all of the time?

Edited by PTNLemay

22 minutes ago, blu3wolf said:

If not, I cant work out how to turn it off either. I had thought it was just meant to be there all the time for EL, but I would love an option to turn it off/on.

It only works with Blizzy's toolbar.  With it you can have an icon in the VAB to toggle it off.  Annoying I know but Taniwha has generally been opposed to adding support for the stock toolbar.