[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@Moggiog log file, screenshots, steps to replicate? Have you tried on a fresh install? How did you install EL?

I installed EL like any other mod. Drop the stuff into the Gamedata folder. To replicate it, just build a new craft, and finalize it. That's all it takes. Screenshots won't really be any more useful than words. Just a launchpad with a workshop will be enough to mess up. Here's my log https://www.dropbox.com/s/oo9kln1owclgw80/output_log.txt?dl=0

3 hours ago, Moggiog said:

Try reading it yourself, searching for Exception. You will be horrified. It looks like your entire KSP mod installation is utterly smashed.

[edit]On further browsing, KIS is definitely prime suspect number one for broken installation.

[edit 2]Oh, and please don't ever send output_log.txt again: it is nigh on unreadable. KSP.log is much better (the situation reversed in 0.90, iirc).

Edited by taniwha

18 hours ago, taniwha said:

Try reading it yourself, searching for Exception. You will be horrified. It looks like your entire KSP mod installation is utterly smashed.

[edit]On further browsing, KIS is definitely prime suspect number one for broken installation.

@Moggiog This is why I said try with a clean install of KSP.

Loved this Mod last time I had it installed.  Added it to an install with just module manager and mechjeb.  All the parts assemble just fine but I cant get the build interface up.  When I click on the orbital launchpad I get no menu and when I click on the folding launchpad I get all the non-EPL-related options but nothing to bring up the launchpad menu.  Any idea what might be the issue?  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Just wanted to report that it appears that EPL is borking up the launch clamps in the game for 1.13. I added this mod and the clamps are no longer stagable so they launch with you. And they don't actually extend the proper length in the vab like they should either, they stay really short and end up in the launchpad.  Removed epl and everything is fine. 

I know A similar problem with clamps came up quite a long time ago, and I remember you had some real tough issues just getting clamps to work within EPL at all back when you introduced that in the mod as well.  

I had a slightly modded install with everything fine until I added EPL. Removing it made launch clamps work normal.

i also did a clean install, no mods at all except EPL and the launch clamps get borked until EPL is removed. 

Hope it doesn't become too much of a headache like it was before to get them to work again.

Thanks for all the hard work continuing to maintain this mod. :) 

Edited by Hevak

Hevak: It could be as simple as needing a recompile, but thanks for the heads-up.

MarkRavingMad: I haven't tested anyhing in 1.1.3 yet (was too busy testing 1.1.3 itself).

I hope to get some time this weekend.

Hello taniwha,i noticed that the 1.1.3 version actually broke your mod and some other mods that invole in some way time warping,as such,you dont have any options on clicking on any of your parts,and no vessel productivity,BUT the parts loads just fine,hope this can give somehow a hint in what broke your mod.

The build resources window in SPH/VAB isn't showing up in 1.1.3.. haven't tried building anything with 1.1.3 yet, since until just a few hours ago I had issues with MJ2 and a few other mods not working at all, which have since been resolved.

44 minutes ago, eonmoon said:

hi, I play my game using this and roverdudes series of mods, unfortunately something is borked since the UI is gone and im unable to build anything. could you tell me whats needed to be fixed?

Patience

Taniwha is on it

The staging and targeting fixes in KSP 1.1.3 broke EL, but I have it building again. No time to do a release now, but I have pushed the changes to github for those capable of building EL themselves.

47 minutes ago, taniwha said:

The staging and targeting fixes in KSP 1.1.3 broke EL, but I have it building again. No time to do a release now, but I have pushed the changes to github for those capable of building EL themselves.

@taniwha EL is still listed as compatible on CKAN.  Definitely an issue on that end (as it always is), but just wanted to let you know

Just now, TheGroovyMule said:

I'm not sure if this is related to the staging issues, but it looks like it EPL currently breaks launch clamps in 1.1.3. I'm also unable to stage them

mAl3gHJ.png

This is currently with 1.1.3 with Toolbar, EPL, and ModuleManager installed.

Same problem here, and it was mentioned above :) he's working on it.

Actually, the staging issue is unrelated (and was present in 1.1.2, just not obvious).

The problem with the launch clamps is indeed EL's fault, but for a very different reason: EL replaces the default launch clamp module with its own via MM (to get correct extension on uneven ground). Because EL is not loading properly, the launch clamps have no working module and thus do not work.

On 6/23/2016 at 4:49 PM, taniwha said:

isnt there a guide somewhere explaining how to do that? i wanna start a new 1.1.3 career with EPL so how do i put those github changes on my EPL 5.3.2? i installed git, make, mono, and mingw-64. now what?

Edited by Jagzeplin

er... so open git shell, direct it to where the EL-master folder is, and then type "make KSPDIR=C:\Program' 'Files' '(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal' 'Space' 'Program install"? that seems to throw up problems because of the x86 in my program files folder. dont know why its even in there now that im using KSP 64 bit and i always associated x86 as being for 32 bit programs. probably missing something obvious :( this community often makes me feel like such a luddite. have you all taken IT courses? lol

PS if you're on the squad staff now does that mean EL will eventually be in stock game? that would be hella awesome

Edited by Jagzeplin

8 hours ago, Jagzeplin said:

er... so open git shell, direct it to where the EL-master folder is, and then type "make KSPDIR=C:\Program' 'Files' '(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal' 'Space' 'Program install"? that seems to throw up problems because of the x86 in my program files folder. dont know why its even in there now that im using KSP 64 bit and i always associated x86 as being for 32 bit programs. probably missing something obvious :( this community often makes me feel like such a luddite. have you all taken IT courses? lol

PS if you're on the squad staff now does that mean EL will eventually be in stock game? that would be hella awesome

You don't have to make install into the final directory. On Windows, I usually make install somewhere else first to verify the results before manually copying them to the actual install location. If you want to install directly into your main KSP instance no matter what, then put the whole path in quotation marks like so:

make KSPDIR="C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program" install

Also note that the usual Windows backslashes \ became normal slashes /. Backslashes are special characters in Unix-derived shells, so you'd have to "escape" them by putting double backslashes \\. Much easier to just go with Unix path separators (the normal slashes) instead, which Microsoft has always supported because not doing so would have horribly broken the C runtime API. Single ' or double " quotes do have slightly different semantics, but they'll do the same thing in your case.

You associated correctly. The reason your install is in Program Files (x86) is because Steam is a 32bit application. Steam doesn't try to find out what architecture its games run on, so everything lands in the same steamapps folders no matter what (unless you move them somewhere explicitly). Then there's also the fact that KSP has both 32bit and 64bit version packaged in the same install dir, in which case Windows convention apparently dictates that the 32bit version should take precedence when deciding which Program Files folder to install to. So Steam actually did the right thing by accident.

And yes, it really does seem like KSP is attracting a lot of players that hold or are about to earn some kind of IT degree...

Edited by MaxRebo