[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

@taniwha I know I'm running an unsupported configuration, but EL seems to have less of a problem with the KSP version than the KIS/KAS versionHere's a log file that I hope you can use for updating EL to support the newer releases of KIS/KAS. This was a bare minimum install of KSP 1.7, EL, KIS 1.21, KAS 1.3, KAC and only required dependencies. 

1. Throws an KIS Invalid Cast Exceptions every time a part is added (or deleted) to the ship in the VAB/SPH
  2. Throws constant NREs if the EL Build Resource window is opened in the VAB/SPH. The window itself has nothing in it.
  3. Throws a KAS NRE due to KASModuleStrut being removed from KAS 1.2+.

For the Log I started the game, went into the SPH, added and deleted parts, and opened the build resource window to capture those exceptions. Then I launched to the runway and built a craft (the stock comsat rocket) using a survey stake. 

There are some other minor problems in the log due to EL:

1.  ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/ConstructionDrone/depr-constructionDrone generates an error: Triggers on concave MeshColliders are not supported.
  2. Missing PartModules for: 'KethaneWetMassIndicator',  'KethaneDetector', & 'ModuleHighDefCamera'  Part config files should have NEEDS[Kethane] on nodes to only apply these modules when Kethane is installed.
  3. Cannot find a Module of typename 'KethaneData'. Something seems to be calling KethaneData even if it's not installed.   I figured out this one. I had installed Kethane Mining by mistake and removed it after starting the test save. It left a Scenario node in the save file that was generating an error. I should have deleted and restarted the test save after deleting it.

I have EL in a months long career save that started on 1.6 and kept current with updates. EL's hasn't worked for me (see my post a couple up from this), but from testing I think that may be something corrupt in the save. Using EL in a new game on the same install seems to work at least as well as it did this morning in my test environment. I'm hoping to use EL for a new career save I plan to start when the DLC update comes out.

One last thing, I don't have much experience with EL and ran into the vessel shaking after the build is finalized. Is this normal? I haven't seen this with vessels that didn't use launch clamps. Changing to the Space Center and coming back to this craft cleared the problem.

Edited by Tonka Crash

Greetings!

I created a base on Minmus and I'm running into some problems trying to build any rockets. For some reason after selecting the rocket the GUI became gray interface with only the button "Highlight pad" and no further option to start / cancel building the rocket. This error code also seems to show up a bunch of times in the KSP log file:

[EXC 19:29:47.919] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELBuildWindow.RequiredResources ()
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELBuildWindow.WindowGUI (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 19:29:47.919] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

Here is a picture of the problem: 

Spoiler

2qYn1dS.png

Here is a list of all the mods I have installed:

Spoiler

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
B9PartSwitch
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
CryoEngines
CryoTanks
DeployableEngines
DMagicOrbitalScience
DMagicUtilities
DynamicBatteryStorage
EasyVesselSwitch
ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads
HeatControl
JSI
KAS
KerbalAtomics
KerbalEngineer
KIS
MechJeb2
ModuleManager.3.1.3.dll
ModuleManager.4.0.2.dll
NavyFish
NearFutureAeronautics
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureElectricaNTRs
NearFutureLaunchVehicles
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
PlanetaryBaseInc
PreciseNode
RealPlume
RealPlume-Stock
REPOSoftTech
SCANsat
ScienceAlert
ScienceRelay
SmokeScreen
Squad
SquadExpansion
ThunderAerospace
TriggerTech
UniversalStorage2
WildBlueIndustries
[x] Science!

Has anyone experienced a similar issue and / or know what might be the problem?

Thanks!

Nickel Bomber

Edited by NickelBomber

On 5/17/2019 at 8:42 PM, NickelBomber said:

Has anyone experienced a similar issue and / or know what might be the problem?

Your version of KAS & KIS are probably not compatible with versions of EL you are using, see the post before yours.

On 5/11/2019 at 1:49 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

There is also Simple Construction and Not So Simple Construction.

@captinjoehenry I've been using Simple Construction without any issues, but you have to use the latest ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads DLL by overwriting the file provided by SC with the one from the latest EL file which includes later KSP compatibility.

The production chain is super-streamlined with SC (Ore > Metal > RocketParts) since basically SC is just EL functionality with a bunch of modified configs to simplify things.

Edited by scottadges

Hey @taniwha I was wondering if you have any plans to make sort of an "expansion" for this mod and the upcoming Breaking Grounds DLC. I think it could be very very nice if building complicated vessels required the player to find and mine some of these new surface features that Squad have teased... Just a suggestion but I'd love to see it made real

2 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Hello @taniwha,

With the KIS and placement styled opportunities afforded by the KSP 1.7.1 update, do you think you would move the survey stakes to the stock system rather than KIS?

Peace.

Is that part of the DLC or 1.7.1? I can’t find a 1.7.1 change log posted.

Only having the parts from the dlc (so I'm assuming not the dlc specific code) it does bring up the new comtatiner and robitic VAB/SPH icons amd the UI but I haven't looked at the implementation in the cfg files for them.   It seemed a ltitle buggy but that may have been me only doing half what is actually needed. 

I had not thought of that. It would certainly be good for when KIS is not installed. However, I'm currently rather busy with work right now so I can't say when an update will come.

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

I had not thought of that. It would certainly be good for when KIS is not installed. However, I'm currently rather busy with work right now so I can't say when an update will come.

I don't use KIS generally.  But I'm going to give this a crack and see if it can be done through simple config things - I'll PR a change I guess if I get it working.  KIS only places the survey stakes on the ground?  Or is there specific code that 'plants' them that may be different to the stock inventory?

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

KIS only places the survey stakes on the ground?  Or is there specific code that 'plants' them that may be different to the stock inventory?

KIS only places them, so it should be doable via just config changes (the stakes don't care how they get there, only that they're the only part in the vessel).

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bother, but are you planning on updating this for the newest KSP version? The mod loads in it but whenever i use planetery building stuff the UI bugs out completly, like it renders the window, but everything is put in to the top left corner and its super small

52 minutes ago, Lukas04 said:

Sorry to bother, but are you planning on updating this for the newest KSP version? The mod loads in it but whenever i use planetery building stuff the UI bugs out completly, like it renders the window, but everything is put in to the top left corner and its super small

I'm currently using it to build in orbit, but until KAS/KIS is fixed I've avoided using it on an planets. the UI is working fine here though. I've used the pads (that attaches the built part directly to the craft the pad is on) and on the orbital construction thinggy..  

oh and its bad form to ask about updates (even though I'd really like to see one myself). patience my friend..  the good mods come to those who wait (or make them)

Edited by bunjatec

2 minutes ago, bunjatec said:

I'm currently using it to build in orbit, but until KAS/KIS is fixed I've avoided using it on an planets. the UI is working fine here though. I've used the pads (that attaches the built part directly to the craft the pad is on) and on the orbital construction thinggy..  

I do have KAS/KIS installed as it works fine for me, but the Launchpads that i have just dont work because of the UI

The Orbital one works okay, had some bugs with it but it does work

Its Worth mentioning that it does load the UI correctly until i select an Rocket to build, thats when the bug happens

Edited by Lukas04

the only buggy thing I had was lots of explosions when I loaded a craft (to attach to one of the marker pads) that didn't have a free node on the root part. (this was on a surface base, on the runway) explosions happened underground and appear to have been the craft file I was loading. 

Ok, I'm now seeing this odd behavior too. 

opening the UI works initially (for me) loading a part seems to spawn it high above me.. and eventually it bounces down from the sky. it doesn't appear in the build UI, and the craft selector only closes when I cancel it.

opening sub-assemblies in the craft selector does seem to work but the build UI is then _totally_ broken (there are some scrambled UI features at the top of the window but otherwise its blank, and I can't close it)

I'm running 1.7.2 with all DLC (and a handful of other mods) I'm not going to rule out mod incompatibility at this stage, but everything else is currently running O.K. going to check logs for issues..

Ok, a lot of errors in the log related to EL..  

seeing this in the log..

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.KAS.ILinkPeer.get_cfgLinkType ()
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ConnectedParts (.Part part)
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set)
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set)
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.AddVessel (System.String vesselName, IEnumerable`1 parts, .Part rootPart)
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager..ctor (IEnumerable`1 parts, .Part rootPart, Boolean addVessels, Boolean useFlightID)
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELResourceWindow.RebuildSets (.Vessel v)
    ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELResourceWindow+<WaitAndRebuildSets>c__Iterator0.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[LOG 20:38:22.177] [ResourceDisplay] OnAppStarted(): id: -3385084
[LOG 20:38:22.177] [GenericAppFrame] Reposition 0.1614313 104642
[LOG 20:38:22.177] [ResourceDisplay] OnAppStarted(): id: 215116
[LOG 20:38:22.177] ResourceDisplay already exist, destroying this instance
[LOG 20:38:22.177] [UIApp] OnDestroy: ResourceDisplay
[LOG 20:38:22.178] ScaleModList: listSize 328 maxListSize 1268
[LOG 20:38:22.216] [UIApp] Adding Missions App to Application Launcher
[LOG 20:38:22.216] ScaleModList: listSize 328 maxListSize 1268
[LOG 20:38:22.216] CURRENCY WIDGET False False True
[LOG 20:38:22.220] [UIApp] OnDestroy: CurrencyWidgetsApp
[LOG 20:38:22.242] [UIApp] Adding DeltaVApp to Application Launcher
[LOG 20:38:22.242] ScaleModList: listSize 328 maxListSize 1227
[LOG 20:38:22.242] [MissionsApp] OnAppStarted(): id: -3385096
[LOG 20:38:22.242] MissionsApp does not execute in this game mode, destroying this instance
[LOG 20:38:22.242] [UIApp] OnDestroy: Missions App
[LOG 20:38:22.243] ScaleModList: listSize 328 maxListSize 1227
[LOG 20:38:22.281] [GenericAppFrame] Reposition 0.2653798 104645
[LOG 20:38:22.314] [UIApp] Adding KSPedia to Application Launcher
[LOG 20:38:22.315] ScaleModList: listSize 328 maxListSize 1227
[LOG 20:38:22.586] Flight State Captured
[LOG 20:38:22.586] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 20:38:22.621] [MessageSystem] Save Messages
[LOG 20:38:22.843] Game State Saved as persistent
[LOG 20:38:24.632] Unpacking Minmus base core lander
[LOG 20:38:24.643] Unpacking Minmus base core lander Debris
[LOG 20:38:24.670] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI
[LOG 20:38:25.400] 6/14/2019 8:38:25 PM,ShipManifest-DfWrapper,Attempting to Grab DeepFreeze Types...
[WRN 20:38:31.751] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_Auto-Saved Ship
[WRN 20:38:31.753] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_Eve Drop probe
[WRN 20:38:31.758] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_eve Survayor
[WRN 20:38:31.760] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_gemini orbiter
[WRN 20:38:31.762] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_launch 1
[WRN 20:38:31.764] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_launch 2
[WRN 20:38:31.766] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_launch 3
[WRN 20:38:31.768] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_Manned science rover
[WRN 20:38:31.771] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_Micro rover
[WRN 20:38:31.773] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_Minmus base core lander
[WRN 20:38:31.775] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_Minmus direct ascent
[WRN 20:38:31.778] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_Minmus lander
[WRN 20:38:31.780] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_moon probe 1
[WRN 20:38:31.782] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_Moon Survayor
[WRN 20:38:31.784] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_solar relay
[WRN 20:38:31.786] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_SS1 15k RP launch
[WRN 20:38:31.788] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_SS1 15k RP
[WRN 20:38:31.790] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_SS1 build node
[WRN 20:38:31.792] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_SS1 Construciton node
[WRN 20:38:31.794] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_SS1 Construction node
[WRN 20:38:31.796] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_SS1 docking node
[WRN 20:38:31.798] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_Station launch 1
[WRN 20:38:31.800] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_VAB_Untitled Space Craft
[WRN 20:38:34.693] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/science_Subassemblies_K&K Cupola
[LOG 20:38:36.975] [DeployedScience]: Calculating Science for Cluster 2612432476 on Minmus. Last Update:2y, 134d Current Time:2y, 134d Time Diff:60.0199986584485 TimeWarpRate:1
[LOG 20:38:44.630] [KSPUpgradePipeline]: K&K Cupola updated from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2.
[LOG 20:38:44.641] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.8.3
[LOG 20:38:44.649] ScaleModList: listSize 328 maxListSize 1227
[LOG 20:38:44.695] [EL SurveyStation] KKAOSS.Cupola.g (Part) cap: 1 seats: 0
[LOG 20:38:44.696] K&K Cupola loaded!
[LOG 20:38:44.698] [EL craftVessel - K&K Cupola]: Ready to Launch - waiting to start physics...
[LOG 20:38:44.742] ScaleModList: listSize 369 maxListSize 1227
[LOG 20:38:44.746] ScaleModList: listSize 328 maxListSize 1227
[EXC 20:38:44.757] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 20:38:44.758] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

[EXC 20:38:44.760] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:38:44.760] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

[LOG 20:38:44.770] ScaleModList: listSize 328 maxListSize 1227
[EXC 20:38:44.784] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:38:44.785] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

[EXC 20:38:44.788] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 20:38:44.788] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

I'm getting many repeats of this last error..

I hope this helps!

Edited by bunjatec
make it readable and add detail..

Does anyone know the name of the mod that had 3 sizes of pre-made, orbital construction docks?  One quite massive?  

I used to use it in conjunction with this mod (I honestly thought this mod came with them), but now I cannot find those parts, and I cannot find the separate mod for them.  

They were huge, Star-Trek like bays, with lights.  I've tried searching terms like Space Dock, Orbital Dock, Bay, Construction Bay, etc.  No avail.  Anyone find this mention familiar, and know what it is?  

On 6/15/2019 at 4:36 AM, Thorbane said:

I'm also getting lots of those same errors trying to build something in orbit in 1.7.1.  The UI breaks after selecting a craft to build.

By any chance does the ship you are trying to construct with have KAS parts? I was trying to figure out why an existing base had the UI problem, but a new test base didn't. Looks like KAS might be breaking it somehow.  I was using Simple Construction which uses EL. Here is a test video.:

EDIT: I looks like if you detach and re-attach all KAS items (Joint Sockets, Resource Transfer stations) it works again...

Edited by stargazer424

6 hours ago, stargazer424 said:

By any chance does the ship you are trying to construct with have KAS parts? I was trying to figure out why an existing base had the UI problem, but a new test base didn't. Looks like KAS might be breaking it somehow.  I was using Simple Construction which uses EL. Here is a test video.

EDIT: I looks like if you detach and re-attach all KAS items (Joint Sockets, Resource Transfer stations) it works again...

I'm also using KAS, so you may be on to something.. I'll have a look later today.

10 hours ago, stargazer424 said:

By any chance does the ship you are trying to construct with have KAS parts? I was trying to figure out why an existing base had the UI problem, but a new test base didn't. Looks like KAS might be breaking it somehow.  I was using Simple Construction which uses EL. Here is a test video.:

(snip)

The ship I'm trying to construct doesn't.  The ship I'm trying to build from does though.  Testing now.

Edit:  It Worked!  Thanks!  I can continue my ships mission now.

Edited by Thorbane