[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Wyrmshadow: hmm, the only thing special about the new containers is their colliders are complex meshes. Other than that, there's no difference between them and the hexcans when it comes to what the game sees. I suppose it's possible that the colliders are intersecting and that might be causing trouble. Can you post some screenshots of your ship while it's intact?

http://imgur.com/a/5JvwN#0

These are the two ships that gave me problems. I couldn't replicate the error in the larger ship.. but definitely in the smaller one. The result was after I tried to hyperedit it into an orbit. The structural supports disappeared but the ship remained on the surface and nothing what happening. I revered the flight back to liftoff.. and then what you see with the jumble... That same jumble is what always happened when I would revert the flight.

Limiting the size of the ship constructed in zero g might make sense from a logistics point of view. IE, need some kind of organizational center to co-ordinate construction of bigger ships. It'd make sense that attempting to assemble larger frames would take more planning to get the bits to go together right... OK, the words 'Kerbal' and 'planning' don't necessarily belong in the same sentence, but you know what I mean. I don't think it'd need more power, or more hardware, maybe it'd just need more habitation and more kerbals on-site? Or just more habitats that are assigned as just co-ordination centers? IE, they can't be used as ordinary habitats? Just throwing out ideas.

Yes and its an limit on ship size.

CwPpG3L.png

Amusingly the size fits well with the size of the rocket part tanks so this shipyard can build something the size of the central part. kethane and ore miner docked at both ends.

So I'm excited to use this, and got an orbital construction part docked with my space station. Read through the documentation and I want to set debug to false so I need to ship material up for construction...and I can't find debug=false in any of the launchpad part files. Where should I be looking?

Much thanks!

http://imgur.com/a/5JvwN#0

These are the two ships that gave me problems. I couldn't replicate the error in the larger ship.. but definitely in the smaller one. The result was after I tried to hyperedit it into an orbit. The structural supports disappeared but the ship remained on the surface and nothing what happening. I revered the flight back to liftoff.. and then what you see with the jumble... That same jumble is what always happened when I would revert the flight.

Ok I don't know why you don't see the problem with other containers, but that looks very much like what I got when I had an exception in the loader. I need to see your output.txt(?)/Player.log (win/linux) that captures the problem.

So I'm excited to use this, and got an orbital construction part docked with my space station. Read through the documentation and I want to set debug to false so I need to ship material up for construction...and I can't find debug=false in any of the launchpad part files. Where should I be looking?
This may have changed, but I don't think that debug mode can be toggled manually anymore. It turns on or off automatically depending on whether you have Kethane installed. Even with kethane installed though you might have to go into the .cfg files to get ore containers to start out full. I don't think that you can have them spawn with ore by default.

Ok I don't know why you don't see the problem with other containers, but that looks very much like what I got when I had an exception in the loader. I need to see your output.txt(?)/Player.log (win/linux) that captures the problem.

I don't know what to tell you, my output_log is 180K

As a suggestion Taniwa, since people are requesting the links to the custom smelter and drills, perhaps you could put links on the first page to these, or at least to the posts that have the links to DL them. At present people would have to scroll through 60 odd pages to find the links for them, and though I know they aren't your work it might help to show their visibility.

Just a thought.

Please tell me I'm not the only person who tried to read "5 Kh/t" as "5 kilohours per tonne".
I think it's 'Kerbal hours' per tonne, thus more kerbals less time

Hehe, indeed, that's kerbal-hours per ton. kilohours would be kh rather than Kh (note the case).

Yeah, I figured that out as that couldn't be right. Would take forever to build a 1 tonne lander.

And I thought it was upper case for x10 and up and lower case for x.1 and down. How I always looked at it anyway.

Patupi: Trouble is, I don't feel like digging through the thread either. I at least have the excuse I'm trying to get EL working better :)

techno65535: I believe hecto (100x) is also lowercase, but with the exception of k and h, that does work. However, where does that leave you for micro? It's not even part of the alphabet :).