[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

9 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Many things aren't supported under KSP 64-bit.  Could be.  You'll have to wait for someone more knowledgeable, I'm afraid.

yeap it was my 64 bit hack,never mind i just used 64 bit unfixer and it bypassed the epl block by the 64 bit,everything works like a charm now.

anyway thank you for the help buddy.

On 3/4/2016 at 2:11 AM, Proteus said:

yeap it was my 64 bit hack,never mind i just used 64 bit unfixer and it bypassed the epl block by the 64 bit,everything works like a charm now.

anyway thank you for the help buddy.

Can you explain the "64-bit unfixer" comment? I'm using the 64 bit workaround with the Unity3D download and not sure how to get EPL to work with it.

10 hours ago, Sir Lithium said:

Can you explain the "64-bit unfixer" comment? I'm using the 64 bit workaround with the Unity3D download and not sure how to get EPL to work with it.

just follow the instructions,its a very simple tool,install it,and run it,when you open the menu you should point it on your gamedata folder.

Edited by Proteus

I have been having the issue where the Survey Stakes would not attach to the ground. After some chatting in the KIS thread,  IgorZ found the answer. Adding the following to the part.cfg file for the  Survey Stakes fixes the issue.

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.19, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0

2 hours ago, Felson said:

I have been having the issue where the Survey Stakes would not attach to the ground. After some chatting in the KIS thread,  IgorZ found the answer. Adding the following to the part.cfg file for the  Survey Stakes fixes the issue.

AHA! I knew something was up with that... was telling me 'cannot surface attach' lately.

15 hours ago, Felson said:

Thanks, that makes things easier for me. Now, why must it be stack instead of just normal attach? :/ Ah, well.

4 hours ago, suicidejunkie said:

Space Cowboy, riding his factory to Minmus

Haha, awesome.

3 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Thanks, that makes things easier for me. Now, why must it be stack instead of just normal attach? :/ Ah, well.

Enabling surface attach also worked for me.

attachRules = 0,1,0,0,0

Hello I'm having an issue with using the augers to actually mine any ore. I don't know if i missed something or just blind. Mods I have installed are IR, EL, Kethane, modulemanager, KIS, KAS, stage recovery, and SimpleConstruction. I think the auger dose use power but never inputs ore into the tank/smelter. Is there something i'm missing?

Edited by TrHollywood
grammer

17 hours ago, TrHollywood said:

Hello I'm having an issue with using the augers to actually mine any ore. I don't know if i missed something or just blind. Mods I have installed are IR, EL, Kethane, modulemanager, KIS, KAS, stage recovery, and SimpleConstruction. I think the auger dose use power but never inputs ore into the tank/smelter. Is there something i'm missing?

The auger can extract only MetalOre by default. Stock drills are one option to extract Ore. Another option would be a ModuleManager config like

@PART[*Auger]{
	@MODULE[ExExtractor]:HAS[#ResourceName[MetalOre]]
	{
		@ResourceName = Ore
	}
}

to make the auger extract Ore instead of MetalOre.

5 hours ago, Eleusis La Arwall said:

The auger can extract only MetalOre by default. Stock drills are one option to extract Ore. Another option would be a ModuleManager config like

@PART[*Auger]{
	@MODULE[ExExtractor]:HAS[#ResourceName[MetalOre]]
	{
		@ResourceName = Ore
	}
}

to make the auger extract Ore instead of MetalOre.

Yea i have MM but i never messed with the code. I gave up on the augers removed Kethane and decided to go with the stock drill parts.

I have been searching for an answer to this for weeks and all of my googling has gotten me nowhere. I cannot seem to get any productivity out of my vessels. I have enough resources on bored, staffed with kerbals, a workshop, orbital launchpad and I cannot get productivity to move. ive even tried configuring things on the ground. still nothing. at this point any help would be fantastic because I am at a loss

This probably belongs in Add-on Discussions.

Anyway! For the most part What you want to know can be found in EPL's forum thread. But to save you a bit of time: it is maintained(I think, it works at least), and is in a very stable state. I would also say it is worth using for things such as career saves. Since you can up and make ships from ore, and get fuel from stock ISRU it can really save funds. If you use Simple Construction, which runs on the EPL plugin, you won't have to fiddle with any extra parts.

Edited by FungusForge

It works great, just recently finished up a career playthrough with it.  It's lots of fun, definitely worth using.  I like it for situations like going to Jool (or to other gas giants in OPM, that sort of thing):  instead of having to build out every single component of every single lander and probe before leaving, I can send a fairly basic mothership that can then manufacture the little ships it needs after it gets there.

Another option for playing with this mod:  land a crew on the Mun or Minmus, build up a base there, and run the rest of your space program from there.  :)

2 hours ago, jam233 said:

I cannot seem to get any productivity out of my vessels.

Right click on a workshop. If the Vessel Productivity is <= 0, you will not be able to build anything. This means you need better engineers in your workshops.

If there is no Vessel Productivity line, then EL is "mis-installed" (includes attempting to use EL with the 64-bit hack for windows KSP).

Also, considering the pages and pages of discussion on productivity, I would think googling would find something.

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

Right click on a workshop. If the Vessel Productivity is <= 0, you will not be able to build anything. This means you need better engineers in your workshops.

If there is no Vessel Productivity line, then EL is "mis-installed" (includes attempting to use EL with the 64-bit hack for windows KSP).

Also, considering the pages and pages of discussion on productivity, I would think googling would find something.

I should clarify that google has not revealed a solution, there is plenty of info on EPL. I have tested this all in sandbox mode on the pad, in orbit and landed on Mun with engineers that have 5 stars an minimal stupidity, I am using the 32 bit install of kerbal for mac installed through steam. I have installed EPL through CKAN. The problem isn't that I can't get productivity above 1, it is that it doesn't move from 0 at all, each individual modules productivity is always 0, and the vessels productivity is 0 regardless of configuration.

Ok, you get Productivity at all (ie, the display). That's a good sign. 5-star engineers will always be productive, no matter what their stats are (though how productive is another matter).

I guess I need to see your log file (KSP.log is fine). Just loading with your test base in focus and leaving should be enough (for now, anyway).

Heya, new to the forums but I've got 100's of hours invested in ksp through steam and otherwise.

Spacestation

I've been trying to use EL but can't seem to get a build menu on my orbital construction dock, is there anything wrong with my station?

It's fully maned by 7 engineers in the work station module albeit they have no experience

To clarify this is what I get when I click my orbital construction dock

Edited by mesterbenji

11 hours ago, mesterbenji said:

To clarify this is what I get when I click my orbital construction dock

Considering you get the pad name and the rename button, that indicates the module is there, but as you do not get the hide/show ui button, the module has been disabled. The only way for this to happen is you are using the 64-bit hack. It is not supported because it is known to cause problems even for stock KSP, and even worse issues for mods. If you really need 64-bit support, run KSP on Linux: that is supported (and what I use (though not just for KSP)).

9 hours ago, taniwha said:

Considering you get the pad name and the rename button, that indicates the module is there, but as you do not get the hide/show ui button, the module has been disabled. The only way for this to happen is you are using the 64-bit hack. It is not supported because it is known to cause problems even for stock KSP, and even worse issues for mods. If you really need 64-bit support, run KSP on Linux: that is supported (and what I use (though not just for KSP)).

Actually the 64bit version is almost completely bugfree and in terms of crashes currently far more stable than the 32 bit version given that memory crashes practically don't exist.

I'm assuming they made it more stable in 1.0.5 by giving us whatever work they had done at the time or something but either way is there a way to get around this? because apart from EPL not working I'm very happily running a little over 90 mods, quite a few of them texture based, without any issues at all, the only one I've found to cause me trouble is kopernicus and that's only be re triggering the old auto max level buildings, but after i got rid of that I haven't had a singular issue relating to the fact that it's the 64 bit version