taniwha

[1.7.3] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.6.1

Recommended Posts

On 4/11/2019 at 3:49 AM, alien_wind said:

also after updating to kas 1.2 can't link/unlink flex o tubes.

and when loading craft in el the ui goes blank for me too.

all fixed when downgrading to kas 1.1.

I'm not sure where is the right github pages to report the bugs related to this update.

I can't find a FlexOTube or any references to KAS in EL configs. KAS isn't even listed as a dependency. Are you sure it isn't a MKS part? I can find a MKS FlexOTube there that makes use of KASModuleStrut  that was deleted in 1.2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taniwha said:

 if KAS 1.2 is working well without EL, then the problem will be in EL as it does poke around in KAS's innards a little (build cost, resource pipe connections, etc).

I figured it was something like that.  Not to worry, I've downgraded for now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Flex-o-tube from MKS is the old kas-pipe in disguise.

I remember somewhere in a mks-thread that is was discussed with the beginning of the new kas development a good while ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

I can't find a FlexOTube or any references to KAS in EL configs. KAS isn't even listed as a dependency. Are you sure it isn't a MKS part? I can find a MKS FlexOTube there that makes use of KASModuleStrut  that was deleted in 1.2.

yes I mixed up the part's mod
flexotube is not related here sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is working with existing save right? I just want to be sure before installing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2019 at 11:31 PM, GraczNet said:

It is working with existing save right? I just want to be sure before installing.

Should cause no issues with existing saves.

Edited by Warezcrawler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having NaN errors when I try to edit the recipe for the smelter. It's pretty clear I'm messing it up somehow, as when I revert to the un-edited recipe config, the errors stop happening.

I'm trying to remove the LFO requirement for smelting and scrap remelting. My idea is to simulate something along the lines of Molten Oxide Electrolysis. For now I'm ignoring the oxygen this would produce, and just trying to set it up to produce metal with an equally high energy input, coming from electric charge only. (I use KSP Interstellar, so powering smelters from a nuclear reactor is viable option).

Does anyone have ideas on how to go about correctly editing the recipe file to achieve this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I'd chuck in some examples of what I tried, and that isn't working:

	Input {
		efficiency = 1
...
		//LFOMix = 864.49048 -5186.94288	// 6MJ/kg of LFO, 0.86449048kg of LFO
		ElectricCharge = 5186.94288 -5186.94288
		MetalOre = 1596.882
	}
	Output {
		efficiency = 1
...
		Metal = 1116.9 -9627.678 // 8620MJ/t of Metal, 1.1169kg Metal
		//CarbonDioxide* = 1056.228
		//Water* = 288.24448
	}

	Input {
		efficiency = 0
...
		//LFOMix = 864.49048 -5186.94288	// 6MJ/kg of LFO, 0.86449048kg of LFO
		ElectricCharge = 5186.94288 -5186.94288
	}
	Output {
		efficiency = 0
		//Carbon* = 24.0214
		//CarbonDioxide* = 176.038
		//CarbonMonoxide* = 476.1717
		//Formaldehyde* = 30.02598
		//Hydrogen* = 14.11116
		//Water* = 144.12224
	}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Snoman314: The problem is EC has no mass and thus you are getting propagated divide-by-zero. I suggest using the metal->rocketparts converter as an example for setting up constant-efficiency "smelting" as I have not sorted out what to do when 0-efficiency has no mass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I've made it a simple constant efficiency recipe, with 10x the energy cost, and now it seems to be working fine. It's a shame to lose the efficiency/heating mechanics, but I guess that's how it is.

Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I need to sort something out for that, but I'm glad you got things working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a version of survey states/mallet that sets up a recycle site? So that anything in the 'site' could be recycled? Am trying to recycle a ground / non-moving item and am fairly new at recycling.

Thank you in advance!

On 5/2/2019 at 8:23 PM, Snoman314 said:

OK, I've made it a simple constant efficiency recipe, with 10x the energy cost, and now it seems to be working fine. It's a shame to lose the efficiency/heating mechanics, but I guess that's how it is.

Thanks for your help.

would you kindly post that recipe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 5:30 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

Is there a version of survey states/mallet that sets up a recycle site? So that anything in the 'site' could be recycled? Am trying to recycle a ground / non-moving item and am fairly new at recycling.

Nooo, buuuut... you can do what I do: create a recycling truck. It's essentially a rover with a ScapMetal tank on the back and a recycling bin on the front (kind of like a bulldozer) that then transfers the scrap metal to the base. Another similar option is to use the larger recycling like a truck bed and use KAS and IR to create a crane to lift debris into the recycling bin (I did this back in KSP 0.21, and is, in fact, the reason for the design of the bins).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, taniwha said:

Nooo, buuuut... you can do what I do: create a recycling truck. It's essentially a rover with a ScapMetal tank on the back and a recycling bin on the front (kind of like a bulldozer) that then transfers the scrap metal to the base. Another similar option is to use the larger recycling like a truck bed and use KAS and IR to create a crane to lift debris into the recycling bin (I did this back in KSP 0.21, and is, in fact, the reason for the design of the bins).

Somehow this brought 'Maximum Overdrive' to mind, and and Mad Max... .:) thank you.

 

Makes me ponder if I should ask for a KAS/KIS item - scraptag... attach to something within x meters of a survey station/waste bin... :P

 

for some weird explicable reason, I keep hearing 'Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY' in the back of my brain....

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does this mod work with MKS these days? As I enjoy a lot of the MKS parts but I’m not that interested in the complexity of its production chain and would much rather use the Extraplanetary Launchpad system instead of the Global Construction system that MKS is packaged with these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@captinjoehenry: I'm not at all sure how to answer that. The only thing I can offer at this stage is EL's manual (pdf in the zip, or linked in the OP).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

How does this mod work with MKS these days? As I enjoy a lot of the MKS parts but I’m not that interested in the complexity of its production chain and would much rather use the Extraplanetary Launchpad system instead of the Global Construction system that MKS is packaged with these days.

MKS has a set of user-supplied patches that as far as I know are still working fine with EL.  If you have Patchmanager you can pick between a few options in-game - or you can move/remove files manually to change them around.  There are four separate patch files you can enable/disable: One adds EL abilities to MKS parts, one adds EL abilities to MKS Kerbal classes, one switches EL to use the MKS resource chain, and one hides the EL parts.  The one hiding the EL parts is disabled by default.

In your case I'd recommend disabling the one to use the MKS resource chain - You'll then be able to build with various appropriate MKS parts, and use Technicians or Mechanics in the place of Engineers if you want to, but you'd still be able to build using the same EL resource chain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DStaal said:

MKS has a set of user-supplied patches that as far as I know are still working fine with EL.  If you have Patchmanager you can pick between a few options in-game - or you can move/remove files manually to change them around.  There are four separate patch files you can enable/disable: One adds EL abilities to MKS parts, one adds EL abilities to MKS Kerbal classes, one switches EL to use the MKS resource chain, and one hides the EL parts.  The one hiding the EL parts is disabled by default.

In your case I'd recommend disabling the one to use the MKS resource chain - You'll then be able to build with various appropriate MKS parts, and use Technicians or Mechanics in the place of Engineers if you want to, but you'd still be able to build using the same EL resource chain.

Awesome!  Thanks for the info :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, captinjoehenry said:

Awesome!  Thanks for the info :D

There is also Simple Construction and Not So Simple Construction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this awesome mod work in KSP 1.7? I couldn´t find any exact information about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dr_evil said:

Does this awesome mod work in KSP 1.7? I couldn´t find any exact information about that.

I can confirm it loads without issue.  But I have yet to try and use it in my career save

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dr_evil said:

Does this awesome mod work in KSP 1.7? I couldn´t find any exact information about that.

I would say it's not. I'm using KAS 1.3 on 1.7 and get exceptions all the time even without trying to build anything. I installed EL for the first time in a game I started it in January. Yesterday, I just got to the point where I want to use it and trying to build something didn't work.

I get these all the time when a vessel loads:

Spoiler

[ERR 20:57:58.300] Module ELSurveyStation threw during OnStart: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.KAS.ILinkJoint.get_isLinked () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.GetOtherPart (ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.KAS.KASJointCableBase joint, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ConnectedPartSet cp) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ConnectedParts (.Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.ProcessParts (.Part part, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceSet set) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager.AddVessel (System.String vesselName, IEnumerable`1 parts, .Part rootPart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.RMResourceManager..ctor (System.String vesselName, IEnumerable`1 parts, .Part rootPart, System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1 excludeParts, Boolean addVessels, Boolean useFlightID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELBuildControl.FindVesselResources () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELBuildControl.OnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELSurveyStation.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

 

I had tried to add a Mun base expansion onto a MicroPad attached to a KPBS part. Once I told it to start construction on a vessel name "Base Industry" I got a empty gray window and the exceptions were dumping to the log fast enough to crush my framerate down to around 5. Since I don't know how it's supposed to behave when it's working I had planned to do some research with supported versions of mods before  tried to report problems. The following continued until I changed scenes. I haven't gone back yet.

Spoiler

[WRN 20:58:56.661] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for thumbs/Kerbol Origins_VAB_Resource_Radar Mapper
[LOG 20:58:58.612] No meta file found for path: C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\saves\Kerbol Origins\Ships\SPH\Base Industry.loadmeta
[LOG 20:59:02.574] [KSPUpgradePipeline]: Base Industry (1.7.0) is up to date.
[LOG 20:59:02.592] efficiency: (273.2, 0.0)
[LOG 20:59:02.593] efficiency: (1873.0, 1.0)
[LOG 20:59:02.595] [ELConverter] found recipe "LFOFiredSmelter"
[LOG 20:59:02.596] efficiency: (273.2, 0.0)
[LOG 20:59:02.598] efficiency: (1873.0, 1.0)
[LOG 20:59:02.599] [ELConverter] found recipe "LFOFiredRemelter"
[LOG 20:59:02.919] Base Industry loaded!
[LOG 20:59:02.924] [EL craftVessel - Base Industry]: Ready to Launch - waiting to start physics...
[LOG 20:59:02.926] [DR:623608] VesselMotionManager.get(V:0:KKAOSS.CrossSection.g) created VMM:-12973120:0:KKAOSS.CrossSection.g
[LOG 20:59:02.945] [ELControlReference] KKAOSS.CrossSection.g (Vessel) 
[LOG 20:59:03.058] [EL Recycler] OnStart: ColRecycler (UnityEngine.MeshCollider)
[LOG 20:59:03.060] Found 2 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:59:03.117] Found 2 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:59:03.173] Found 4 overheatable modules
[EXC 20:59:03.332] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELBuildWindow.RequiredResources ()
	ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELBuildWindow.WindowGUI (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 20:59:03.338] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

[EXC 20:59:03.343] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELBuildWindow.RequiredResources ()
	ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELBuildWindow.WindowGUI (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 20:59:03.347] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

[EXC 20:59:03.436] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELBuildWindow.RequiredResources ()
	ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ELBuildWindow.WindowGUI (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 20:59:03.441] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the answers. I did a bit of testing encouraged by them and I successfully managed to build a ship with MKS / OKS (other ressources) and to launch it. The only issue I had was with Portrait Stats. You don´t see Jeb´s beautiful face if you release the newly built vessel (I transfered him beforehand). You have to switch back and forth one time to see him.

@Tonka Crash not sure abeout your issue, but it might be some incompatibility with another mod maybe? As for KAS I use 1.3 too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone written a patch to adapt USI Kontainers with Stock EL? I'm just looking to save some time doing it myself. I'm not planning to use MKS, just USI Core, so in stock form the USI Kontainers don't match up to EL resources, but I prefer the look and (texture switching) of the Kontainers over the parts included in EL.

On 5/12/2019 at 1:55 PM, dr_evil said:

Thanks for the answers. I did a bit of testing encouraged by them and I successfully managed to build a ship with MKS / OKS (other ressources) and to launch it. The only issue I had was with Portrait Stats. You don´t see Jeb´s beautiful face if you release the newly built vessel (I transfered him beforehand). You have to switch back and forth one time to see him.

@Tonka Crash not sure abeout your issue, but it might be some incompatibility with another mod maybe? As for KAS I use 1.3 too.

I did a clean install and a new sandbox. I was able to build stuff using stakes. It seems like something is corrupt in my save. I'm still get some exceptions being thrown mainly in the VAB related to KIS & KAS and the popup that this version of EL is incompatible with KSP 1.7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.