[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Do we still need wombat conversions, or does this serve the same purpose as that?

What Roverdude said :) If you use MKS, you wont need anything else (as you can obtain ore from MKS, and now produce rocket parts via the Machinery module) Though i think the the production chain is a little more complecated then just Ore--->Metal--->Rocketparts

That being said, if you dont use MKS, or Kethane(or just prefer a simpler production chain) my adaptation still works, and has been updated to use Regolith now.

So you can now use EPL solo without Karbonite or kethane, and still mine ore, and convert into metal and Rocketparts using all the stock EPL parts (though Karbonite is totally awesome and you should use it anyway :P)

dunno, but it says its outdated, after I updtated kspapiextensions. my best bet is no.

It appears to be throwing an error whenever it attempts to load the UI (ill upload a log a little later if needed and it will help) So its not working with .90 yet. No rush though!

Appreciate all the awesome work on this.

Edited by rabidninjawombat

Thank you both devs for the responses. I'm going full MKS, so I wont be using this. Hadn't realized that this was no longer necessary for mks completion. All I'm waiting on now to start the career is remote tech and tac-ls. Everything else I can wait for.

Thank you both devs for the responses. I'm going full MKS, so I wont be using this. Hadn't realized that this was no longer necessary for mks completion. All I'm waiting on now to start the career is remote tech and tac-ls. Everything else I can wait for.

Unless I'm mistaken, you're misreading: You still need EPL if you actually want to build stuff, it's just that MKS also has parts and a resource gathering and refining process that will allow you to do this, and therefore, if you choose, you can not use certain parts from EPL. But no EPL = no buildy.

Unless I'm mistaken, you're misreading: You still need EPL if you actually want to build stuff, it's just that MKS also has parts and a resource gathering and refining process that will allow you to do this, and therefore, if you choose, you can not use certain parts from EPL. But no EPL = no buildy.

Wow, right, yes, I know I still need EPL. I got my wires crossed and thought this was the wombat conversions thread. My bad.

EL 4.4.0 most definitely does not work in 0.90. I have a "does not break everything" version on my hd, but I also have a LOT of work to do before I can get it out (FreeEVA, MFT, testing of EL's core functionality (editor info panel is known to be working)).

Also, if it doesn't take me too long, I want to make engineers useful in EL, but that might have to wait for a later release because I know you guys are waiting and basic functionality is more important than new cool stuff.

EL 4.4.0 most definitely does not work in 0.90. I have a "does not break everything" version on my hd, but I also have a LOT of work to do before I can get it out (FreeEVA, MFT, testing of EL's core functionality (editor info panel is known to be working)).

Also, if it doesn't take me too long, I want to make engineers useful in EL, but that might have to wait for a later release because I know you guys are waiting and basic functionality is more important than new cool stuff.

I think so as well, best to just get it working, and then start with the new stuff (as long as it doesn'r require a full restart anyways)

Just a heads-up everyone...

If anyone else is still using this in .90 for the parts (containers, and such) even if you deleted the plugins... The "EL_MM.cfg" last few lines (a module edition to "launchClamp1") is breaking the Stock game launch clamps...

So if your stock clamps are currently broken and you have no idea why, just delete the last few lines (last Module section) from "EL_MM.cfg" :)

(Had a lot of trouble finding out what was breaking my clamps (tons of game restarts, folder moving and filtering...) so decided to share the fidings ffs :P )

DaniAngione: Ah, thanks. You'll be glad to know that the clamps are working fine in my test builds.

I finally got to test EL properly last night and there's some good news and some bad. The good news is that while vessel loading is broken (list doesn't come up), I know what to do to fix it. The bad news is subassembly support will have to be dropped (for now, at least). I'm hopeful for the rest of the, though.

DaniAngione: Ah, thanks. You'll be glad to know that the clamps are working fine in my test builds.

I finally got to test EL properly last night and there's some good news and some bad. The good news is that while vessel loading is broken (list doesn't come up), I know what to do to fix it. The bad news is subassembly support will have to be dropped (for now, at least). I'm hopeful for the rest of the, though.

Not the first mod I've seen drop subassembly support in the last few days. All good.

I have pushed to github the "background" build patch I got from Henry Bauer (no idea who he is on the forums)

4L7eg4h.jpg?1

:D

so the next release of EL will do background builds, or those of you willing and able to brave building it yourself can try it out.

Up until 0.90 hit, I was using both my background building patch and my ETA patch, and they were stable for me. The worst bug I encountered during development was crafts not building, but that wasn't actually a bug - it turns out it's possible to have negative productivity if you load up your craft with idiot Kerbals. :D

I've finished updating my own mods and now I'm setting up to continue working on the ETA patch.. since I'm waiting on several mods to update (KCT, RemoteTech, EPL), I may as well do development :D

Extraplanetary Taco Assembling.

Mmm, tacos. If only there was a similar mod to Burger Mod.

And yes, ETA stands for letting you know when your tacos are done. :D

F69kaKx.png

The basic estimating works fine, but if you're running KerbalStats, it vastly overestimates.

I don't feel like working on the math for KerbalStats right now, so currently working on KAC integration, which is.. uh.. not going so great.

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
System.Linq.Enumerable.First[KACAlarm] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback)
System.Linq.Enumerable.First[KACAlarm] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)

Edit: KAC integration works now :)

03g0cgM.png

Edited by hab136

Sweet! Does this mean that building while unfocused will work in the 0.90 release?

Yes.

Is this updated to .90? Cause it is awesome!

Hopefully tonight (my time. ie, the next few hours)

Whenever this gets updated to 0.90, I really hope it can use the stock kerbal experience for the build times.

Not in the 0.90 update release, sorry, but I already have plans for what to do and implementing and testing will take too much time. It will be a combination of stock and KerbalStats experience.

Did you had time to make engineer useful finally ? Or ''next time folks ! '' :D

Shakes head...

Taniwha has already stated on multiple occasions he is just getting it working for .90 with new features later.

Edited by goldenpsp

Did you had time to make engineer useful finally ? Or ''next time folks ! '' :D

"Next time folks". However, I've had plenty of time to think about what I want to do, and I think it will be pretty cool and certainly add depth to both game-play and role-play. I won't say much on the matter as details may change, but engineers will be highly valuable (women and children and engineers first! ;)).

Can I give you a hug?

Just need this working, the kerbal experience thing can wait.

I could do with one. I've run into some trouble, but ironically not in EL. I've got vessel loading working again (wasn't that difficult), and builds seem to work fine, but KerbalStats threw an exception on me, and it turns out I forgot to package KAE's dll with MFT :(

I need to check what happens with struts and fuel-lines, as I suspect my handling of those will have broken.

Edited by taniwha